Payson, UT
Payson DGC Share
Uploaded By: martinb Hole #1 (Taken 6/2012)
-- / --   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Into the Woods

1    5/31/2013   6/1/2013
Review By: FHL88
Pros: I loved all of the elevation changes. Hole #3 is quite possibly the most beautifully scenic hole I've ever seen. A window in the trees, a creekbed with the basket on the far side.

I found myself laughing a lot on this course with the distinct thwock sound as my disc hit a tree. (I only took beaters in case of loss.)

Most holes are fairly short and thank goodness.

This would be a fun one to go to with a group of friends or family. Even Whammo discs would be suitable for play here.
Cons: Many areas are overgrown with plant life which required some hunting to find my disc, and of course, many shots had invisible baskets.

I had a course map but the tees just blend into the trees. I guess that was done on purpose to make it less intrusive.
Other Thoughts: The driving directions leave a little to be desired. Canyon Rd ends in a T before you get to the course. You have to turn right on Red Deer Loop and follow it back to the course. The course itself would have been easy to miss - it's called Mt. Nebo Something Trail, with restrooms, a dumpster and multiple grills. I couldn't see any baskets from the road.

Fun Short Course

1    4/5/2013   4/5/2013
Review By: TheGrim
Pros: This is a unique course up in Payson Canyon just a little ways. The scenery is beautiful. You get fresh mountain air and the feeling of getting away to play.

Every hole has a clearly marked posts and the layout is such that you don't have to look hard at all to find them. Most have signs with hole lengths and graphics to show you where the basket is, and the ones that don't are pretty easy to determine because the baskets are all marked with the hole numbers too. We didn't have a course map and only mistook one basket on hole 8 for the wrong one. The course was really easy to navigate without a map.

You get a good mix of elevation changes as this course is anything but flat. It's no Solitude with really long holes though. You also throw over the creek 3-4 times which adds a bit of challenge to the course.

All the baskets are in good repair. Holes 15 and 17 are different styles and appear to be of lesser quality but are still just fine.
Cons: As mentioned before the tee pads are dirt and some are quite uneven. 6B, 14 and 18 are particularly uneven, but it's not a big deal at all.

My biggest con is that there are really only 2 holes that I didn't have to really restrain myself on, and I don't have that big of an arm. They are just extremely short holes.

Holes 11-15 throw back and forth through the trees at each other. It isn't a huge con because I don't imagine this course gets much traffic, but it is pretty tight in that area.
Other Thoughts: Although the vast majority of the holes are short, you are usually throwing through a bunch of trees, so that kind of offsets the ease of the short holes with some technicality.

All of the cons mentioned are really small. It is a fun course offering a lot of fun shots. It can especially be enjoyed by beginners who don't have a lot of range as well as pros to practice odd technical shots.