Course Extinct
Pine, CO
Magic Meadows DGC Share
Uploaded By: Leroy Hole #10 (Taken 8/2012)
3 / 222ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Magical Disc Golf Experience

5+    9/1/2013   9/12/2013
Review By: rgorke
Pros: Magic Meadows is a beautiful Colorado mountain disc golf course with the dream of potential additional courses in the future. Creative pin placements with lots of risk/reward are found throughout the course. Paulie's directional arrow system is brilliant and assures no problems navigating through the course. There are some short holes but you'll find they're difficult to birdie being very tight and uphill. Also a new bomber hole at 550' and several at 350'+ so I would hardly suggest this is a putt-putt course. Take your time playing this course as it's rugged and allows you to enjoy the spectacular layout within aspen meadows and rock formations. Summer brings tons of wildflowers and fall brings an abundance of aspens that show off their glorious colors. Bring plenty of water as the only amenities are down the road a few miles. There is a port o potty and picnic table on site to use. The course has all natural tee pads, get used very little and stay in good shape.
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: All in all this is a wonderful disc golf experience unlike any other with beautiful scenery, challenging holes and an intimate and private setting to make for a special disc golf experience.

Great course for intermediate player

1    7/12/2013   7/14/2013
Review By: JGreenNY
Other Thoughts: Magic Meadows is a beautiful course. Paulie has done a great job in creating an extremely cool course that has a bit of everything.

The holes are fairly short but its not an easy course as the elevation changes and tight windows to get through the trees make it very challenging.

A woman's Perspective

2-4    6/21/2013   6/23/2013
Review By: GoldieD
Pros: One of my favorite courses--I love that on any given hole I can make a par-even though I can't shoot long. It is a beautiful, natural site and has many varied holes, each with it's own set of challenges. I find that I use almost every disc I bring. I appreciate the chance to relax and not hurry--we can play at our pace.
Cons: I am not a long thrower at age 70, so I prefer the shorter holes--but I appreciate that others love these.
Other Thoughts: It is fun to see what I can do--how I can improve.
Rudy and Paul are special people who do everything to make an experience at Magic Meadows truly magical and memorable. I never tire of playing this course--great exercise but doesn't wear me out. Challenging and beautiful. Truly not to be missed. This course keeps us young!!

Yes, it's magic

1    6/4/2013   6/10/2013
Review By: Oboeman
Pros: Magic is a wonderful course, both challenging and fun. The play is through meadows, up to great views, around rock formations and through forests. Basket placement is superb with lots of surprises.

Given the varied terrain, many different types of shots are in play. Pars are well earned and beginner, intermediate and advanced players will all find a lot to like.

Paulie did a great job putting this course together and, as many others have commented, is a wonderful host. The $20- donation is fare and well worth the price of admission.
Cons: None
Other Thoughts: Check out Paulie's pro shop. It may look small but there's a solid selection of disks, clothing and other cool stuff.

awsome

1    5/10/2013   5/11/2013
Review By: montezuma's revenge
Pros: This is the best course I have played. It is a pretty tech course with some absoutly amazing basket placement.
Cons: It is a pay to play course and it cost a donation of $20. However you do get to play two rounds and in my opinion it is well worth the money.
Other Thoughts: Paul runs the course and is a wicked chill guy. He has a nice pro shop at his house where you can buy new and used discs T-shirts and other suff. I recomend you check this place out.

Amazing!

5+    5/8/2013   5/8/2013
Review By: jabuofr
Pros: Its one of those courses where a review does not do justice to how special it really is. I have played this course a number of times and it only seems to get better with each round.
Cons: Not having more time to play it.
Other Thoughts: Go play it!

My second love...

1    7/15/2012   1/29/2013
Review By: Dirty D
Pros: I Played this course back in July with a few friends on a DG trip from Texas. It was the second course we played on the 2nd day it was open and I fell in love with it. Driving in youll notice the driving range and 9hole putting course. The course is beautiful and well designed. I liked the chair location on the first holes. There's alot of hiking involved but not too much. Tons of signs and arrows so you wont get lost. Loved the hanging baskets and the hole with the basket wedged between the trees. Hole #15 was my fav. We kinda had the course to ourselves. Didn't run to anyone until after we were done. After our round we walked back to the covered lounge area and enjoyed some burgers and dogs. Definitely will be better once the other 2 courses are opened up. Cant wait to go back!
Cons: None - Need more oxygen cans!!

Amazing beautiful course

2-4    8/7/2000   8/27/2012
Review By: b-leaf-in-the-disc
Pros: This course is something special, not to be missed. Varied basket placement with technical angles and tight fairways. Yet never get tired of the spectacular mountain views and quiet meadow feel of this course. Unique Rock outcroppings that are creatively used for tee boxes and tight basket placement. Love hole 15 where I dropped the crack between two boulders for tap in birdie. Loving the putting course to get warmed up, and the driving range is one of a kind. This seems to be the future of disc golf and the gold standard for all to strive for.
Cons: This Mountain Meadows disc golf "mecca" is still under some construction for the PRO course. Can't wait to play, loving what's been done so far, and anxious to see whats next.
Other Thoughts: Hopefully the community around the course will support this magical place and not shut it down. To lose this course would be a sad loss for those of us who have played but a real shame for those who haven't and want to. It deserves to be saved!

Best course I've played

5+    8/18/2012   8/19/2012
Review By: Eric123
This review was updated on 7/14/2013
Pros: Great layout, awesome basket placements, family friendly. Has something for everyone begginer to pro. Had a ace on hole 14 first time playing. Great views from every hole. Fairways are tight and challenging.

AWESOME DG COURSE

5+    3/29/2013   8/16/2012
Review By: paulrothley@msn.com
This review was updated on 11/5/2013
Pros: I am one of the 2 designers. We have put together one of the best intermediate DG courses around. Lots of shot voriety, distance is med with lots of risk and reward. The pin placements are amazing and fun, signage for navagation is foolproof, and the property is the best part. Magic Meadows is on an awesome piece of Colorado land with rock out-croppings, flowing meadows, aspen groves, and incredable views. This is one amazing DG course.

We believe the future of our sport is kids, women, and beginners, and many of the new DG courses going in seem to be catering to the pro's, (insanely long and hard). Magic Meadows is a very well designed intermediate DG course that has mucho fun factor. This course is challenging to even the highest rated player, and very fun and "playable" to those who don't consider themselves to be pro's.
Cons: Neighbors - Haters gunna hate??
Other Thoughts: You must have a small group of 4 to 9 players to make an exclusive tee time to play this course. You will have the place to yourself for the day.