Menasha, WI
O'Hauser Park Share
Uploaded By: icedpuck Hole #9 (Taken 8/2012)

New and improved O'Hauser? Or just different

1    9/4/2012   10/8/2012
Pros: 1) 3 sets of tees to choose from based on your skill level.

2) multiple pin locations to keep the variety available on this course.

3) Pay to Play which some consider to be a negative, while I think it will onlymake the course better.

4) Stamped concrete with a fault line on the end.

5) Nice mach baskets with the # plates facing the tees.

6) Nice signs with distance, pay, and a nice looking map of the hole.

7) Plenty of garbage cans around the place to drop of your garbage.

8) Benches available for those long rounds.

9) There is a pretty good variety of hole types from open, to moderately wooded to tightly wooded. This is also one of my favorite things to find on a course even though I prefer tightly wooded courses.

10) Elevated green on #8 adds a little bit of variety to the standard disc golf green.

11) Very nice perennial and plant garden on #8. It was kindof unexpected but it should mostly be out of play so it won't get damaged. I wonder how much effort will be put into keeping it looking nice though when there are other pressing disc golf needs. I hope it looks good long term!

12) Moderate distance variation with 200s, 300's, and 400's.

13) Lots of woodchips used to create paths and landing areas and green areas.

14) Pro shop located on site, although I do not know the hours it is open.

15) A little water in play but moreso in the springtime.
Cons: 1) I played the forward tees with my wife. I am a 900 rated player and she is about 700 rated. I would say the forward tees are not good for either player. Perhaps the best suitable player rating would be around 800. There just seemed to be some strange shots for both of us. She was frustrated because it seemed to be too difficult to execute some shots and I felt I was overexcuting some shots.

I will wait to address the rest of the tees until I play them, but I would expect the middle tees to be more suitable for me.

2) Compaction is a problem in many spots on this course and therefore erosion will be a factor too although the course is fairly flat.

3) Lack of much elevation change on the entire course. Not a design problem, just a factor of the land available.

4) The trees on this course are mostly weak and scrawny, plus lot off buckthorn creating contrived fairways. I wish all buckthorn could be removed and let the natural beauty of the course take over. I am sure they will work on the buckthorn, but it is a long battle.

5) A bit dangerous on the open holes on the east side of the park. A couple of fairways lanes cross very close to others.

6) A little luck reliance on some holes in my opinion. Some gaps that are crazy impossible to hit and lots of little trees scattered to knock down what might have been a decent shot.

One of a Kind

2-4    9/28/2012   9/28/2012
Review By: ACE_Holes4Life
Pros: Good signage, tee pads, upkeep. Only course in with true par 4 holes in the Greater Fox Valley. Nice to not be playing deuce or die for once.
Cons: Super punishing rough that comes with a new course. There's a few tees/landing zones that qualify as NAGS (not a disc golf shot).
Other Thoughts: There's a lot of very wooded dogleg or placement shots throughout the course. Even on good drives I found my second shot to most commonly be a leaning forehand roller.