Plantation, FL
Plantation Heritage Park Share
Uploaded By: TYDG1 Hole #13 (Taken 5/2013)

1    2/28/2015   3/13/2015
Review By: reposado
Pros: The section of the course from 14-18 is really cool. It feels like a little glade of purity with no paths and a variety of trees that make you throw actual lines. It's a big open space that is not overused. It supports a variety of shots with the trees forcing the disc to actually move.
And yeah, 10. Ten ten ten. I straightforward shot at the start that needs to curve right and up a hill into a grove of trees toward the end. It's a beautiful that requires a specific line. Loved the line of sight off the tee. Loved the finish.
Cons: After playing through most of South Florida in a weekend, two common threads emerge. One: there is water. Lots of it. It often lurks on the side of a hole rather than take an active role, but it's there. Two: damn the walking paths, full speed ahead. Plantation Heritage might be the epitome of both of those phenomena. A large portion of this course wraps around a pond. And really, it's the same shot over and over. Hang it over the lake and fade left or play it safe and throw it straight. When a pond is too wide and too round to offer real carries, it often plays out like this and it never really does much for me. Too repetitive.
Not only do many tees cross paths, or even parallel them, there are about six that use the path a s a fairway. I had fun here in a drizzle but I can't imagine how long you would be waiting for slow walkers to clear entire fairways on a busy day. Even ten, my favorite hole, tees off directly behind a walking path. Moving it just a few feet up wouldn't really change the hole much. It's like they want the path to be in play.

1    5/10/2014   5/12/2014
Review By: KRATC
Pros: Teepads- these seemed brand new and were very nice. They were flat and grippy.

Well maintained- I saw no signs of trash/vandalism and there were no fallen tree limbs. All in all, it was pretty.

Baskets- Nice, well taken care of, Discraft baskets that seem to be well respected.
Cons: Safety- From the first hole to the fourteenth hole, I was always in jeopardy of hitting someone or someone's car. On every hole. I understand this is a park course, and I am used to that, but this course was almost unplayable. It was to the point of not playing a good shot, or endangering someone to throw the obvious intended line.

Variety- As far as I could tell (as per the provided map), everything was a par three and relatively short. This does not immediately deserve a spot on the con list, but when almost every throw is a slight hyzer (rhbh), with only one or two anny /sidearm throws, this course gets very repetitive.

Blue tees- I saw some here and there, most were kinda hard to see. I like playing the hardest layouts, just because, but if I cannot find it then I will just play from the nice teepads.

Staff- Some of the park staff saw me trying to grab a disc from the water's edge ( I had thrown in warming up in the least crowded place I could find) and chastised me. They told me someone would find it later (I was just in town for a day, so that is just a donation disc now). I do not mind loosing plastic, I just wish I had known that I was not supposed to fish out my disc from the water.
Other Thoughts: Pay to play- This park has an entry fee, which I assume goes towards the great maintenance. I am down with that.

I do not dislike the course itself, but the safety concerns me. I did not feel like I could enjoy any hole, except maybe 3 or 6, simply because I was too worried about cars or people. The maintennance and teepads were great, but the lack of variety kinda killed it. There can be some neat safari golf, but as the holes exist, it offers nothing special. It is a decent course, but nothing I would drive out of my way to go play.