Pineville, LA

New, fun course.

5+    7/9/2012   7/11/2012
Review By: n8hobbs
This review was updated on 7/24/2012
Pros: Overall I'm new to disc golf, I've only started playing in May since the Buhlow course opened. So now we have this smaller course, it requires more finesse shots and control then some of the long distance shots Buhlow requires. I think what's also great about this course is that the whole family can enjoy it. It's not too long where kids will get tired and older ones won't have to worry about walking long distances. Course layout is very nice, I love the different shots you can do on various holes.
Cons: I don't have much to say as it's mowed, no huge bushes or limbs that are in the way. There is a bayou/ditch that runs along holes 4 and 5, if you throw right, you'll most likely be in it. I've thrown in there a few times, and some of my friends, we just walk down there and grab it though as it's not full of water, just about ankle deep. Parking could be improved, only able to park about 4-5 cars before getting in the way of hole 9.
Other Thoughts: Overall, I really have enjoyed this course and will continue to. If you wanna play a quick game, this is perfect, if you wanna play 18, just restart on hole 1 and try to have a better back 9. I think everyone in the Pineville/Alexandria area should definitely play this course at least once, because once you do, you'll love it too.