Sequim, WA
Robin Hill DGC Share
Uploaded By: sillybizz   (Taken 7/2012)

Deceptively Difficult

1    9/11/2013   9/16/2013
Review By: Dadio
Pros: This course in Sequim is laid out on a few acres next to a local church. I really expected this to be a typical park short 9 and was pleasantly surprised to find it a fairly challenging course.
The baskets, while homemade, were a good design and caught well. I had a couple I expected to spit out and didn't.
While it is a very flat course they make superb use of trees and mandos to make the holes challenging. There is rarely a straight run at the pin(9 being the exception, a narrow hole with OB on both sides and swamp to the side of the green!) so a hole that seems like an easy medium drive on paper turns into a tree filled nightmare.
Cons: Tees are a little short and rough. Is occasionally difficult to find next tee/pin as it is a tight course.
I liked the baskets but they are all taller than usual, took some getting used to.
Tee signs are minimal, more info would be nice to help navigation but course map is on kiosk by 1st tee.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course. Much more than I expected. Nicely challenging for a 9 hole and I can recommend this one if you are passing through.