Sequim, WA
Robin Hill DGC Share
Uploaded By: sillybizz   (Taken 7/2012)

One of the best church courses

1    8/12/2015   8/15/2015
Review By: sillybizz
Pros: Driving in you see the kiosk and map as you park with hole one starting right there throwing across the field toward the freeway with a mess of bushes to the left side. You will notice the baskets are a little taller so make sure you don't put low. Navigation is simple but in case you can't figure it out there is a map tied to every basket for even easier navigation.

This is one of the better nine hole courses around and probably the best church course I've ever played. Although limited in space the land is brilliantly used to create eight great holes and one only one clunker. Many baskets are tucked behind bushes and trees making for some interesting "jail" greens and approaches. Though most nine hole courses are usually of the pitch and putt style this course caters to a crowd of intermediate to advanced players and even carries a par four somewhere in the 600 foot range with lots of obstacles to get around early in the hole and a well defined fairway towards the end.
Cons: The only minor complaint I have on the entire course is hole eight and only because I don't like wide open holes. That being said it's not terribly long and the grass is short here (during the summer when I played) so a roller is a very good option here and there isn't anything really wrong with it design wise just not my cup of tee.

A few of the holes in the middle (two and three if I remember correctly) play right along the fence line and someone with poor accuracy could launch one into the freeway here. The hole is going the other way but I've seen much crazier things. That being said I love these holes and wouldn't want them changed.
Other Thoughts: I really enjoyed the layout here and I wish there were more nine hole courses with par fours and more geared toward advanced players. I don't see why we can't have less holes and still keep the challenge and this course proves you can do it. If you're driving through please stop in and play as long as it's not on Sunday.

Deceptively Difficult

1    9/11/2013   9/16/2013
Review By: Dadio
Pros: This course in Sequim is laid out on a few acres next to a local church. I really expected this to be a typical park short 9 and was pleasantly surprised to find it a fairly challenging course.
The baskets, while homemade, were a good design and caught well. I had a couple I expected to spit out and didn't.
While it is a very flat course they make superb use of trees and mandos to make the holes challenging. There is rarely a straight run at the pin(9 being the exception, a narrow hole with OB on both sides and swamp to the side of the green!) so a hole that seems like an easy medium drive on paper turns into a tree filled nightmare.
Cons: Tees are a little short and rough. Is occasionally difficult to find next tee/pin as it is a tight course.
I liked the baskets but they are all taller than usual, took some getting used to.
Tee signs are minimal, more info would be nice to help navigation but course map is on kiosk by 1st tee.
Other Thoughts: I liked this course. Much more than I expected. Nicely challenging for a 9 hole and I can recommend this one if you are passing through.