Seattle, WA
Mineral Springs Park Share
Uploaded By: Adrenalinedan Hole #10 (Taken 9/2011)
3 / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

My home

5+    8/27/2012   8/27/2012
Review By: Cipinc3
Pros: One of the first courses in the Seattle area we started this place to avoid playing woodland park way back in the day. I love this course it is home. Very tight layout with lots of grabbing trees. I love the challenge.
Cons: No really long holes and few open straight holes
Other Thoughts: Disc control is a must. I love this place

Great for 9 Holes

1    5/27/2012   5/28/2012
Review By: ferret_1986
Pros: It's a good layout for 9 holes. Very challenging course for the length.
Cons: It's Not really a 18 hole course like the descriptions says. Most of the alternate tees are just a couple feet away from the first set.
Other Thoughts: The nets are nice so you don't have to worry as much about other discs flying by and hitting you.

Great use in a small area

5+    12/29/2010   6/17/2011
Review By: jon_mt
Pros: A shorter course requiring excellent control of mid-range discs. Great location and easy to get to. Teepads and baskets are in good shape. Fences/nets keep many errant throws from going onto adjacent roads.
Cons: Can be busy.
Other Thoughts: Love the way they made use of the area. It can be a bit muddy at times, but heck - this is Seattle.

Balanced fairways

2-4    10/11/2010   10/13/2010
Review By: Leroy
Pros: Of all the courses I've played this one seemed to make the best use of fairways that I've seen. They weren't too wide open, but they didn't have random trees in the middle for no reason either. I felt like every hole could be shot well with some skill instead of just closing your eyes and hoping for the best like I've seen elsewhere in wooded areas. The alternative back nine where you use different tee pads or baskets while playing the same holes added enough variety that I felt it was worth playing.
Cons: Some of the tee pads are a bit short, and sometimes end at a ledge. This is especially true on hole #3. Some of the tee signs are missing, so bringing a map helps.
Other Thoughts: A really nice technical course that will test your wits. Only on a couple of shots did I feel like I could just let a throw rip casually. Well designed for being on such a small plot of land in the middle of N Seattle neighborhoods.

Better have a good release

1    6/10/2010   6/10/2010
Review By: wavehawk
Pros: Very good use of the small amount of land.
Holes are moderately long and technical.
Tee signs (that are there) are helpful.
Netting nice to bounce discs off or stop them from hitting you.
Cons: Not all tees have signs/ the sign is missing. Makes playing a course like this that doubles back on itself very difficult.
Some pins don't have numbers on top, but the ones that do are very nice.
Other Thoughts: Great course to practice your release right off the pad as some will land you right into trees.
Very nice technical, fun and tight course to play.
I played when there were maybe 5 groups on the course, could not imagine what it would be like when it's busy.

Positive Feedback

1    5/25/2009   5/26/2009
Review By: python6114
Pros: Challenging Course, Narrow Fairways mostly and friendly locals willing to help you find the next tee spot. Trees challenge every shot
Cons: Extremely difficult to navigate, there are two holes that you tee off up hill about 250 feet from basket and then the next hole is right next to the original tee spot. Yes they fit a lot of disc golf on tiny property, but the course design could be a little better. There is 4 tee pads that shoot the same fairway so it can get pretty confusing. A lot of shared baskets and tee pads.
Other Thoughts: All and all it is worth it to try it, I didn't find it very challenging I am a beginner and shot a +2 on the first 11 holes, but then as the course got a little more confusing and I couldn't find the baskets I dropped shots more because I didn't know where to throw to then anything else. I wish some disc golf course designers took lessons from golf course design and plan on putting tee boxes next to the end of previous holes.

Mineral Springs Park

2-4    1/20/2009   1/20/2009
Review By: hyzer7
Pros: - Great course design. They were able to fit a lot of holes into limited space efficiently.
- Easy to find lost discs. The woods aren't that thick so if you go into some bushes you'll be able to find your disc fairly quickly.
- Challenging, but not too hard. I have played for less than a month, and was able to move through this course with ease.
Cons: - It takes a game or two to figure out where every hole is at, and which tees and pins are holes 10-18.
- Busy course. Not too bad when I went, but I can see the potential for a busy course if the weather is good.
- There are poles and trees that get in the way of drives and some fairway shots.
Other Thoughts: If you need any help finding a hole, just ask, most of the people I asked were able to help me figure out where I was going.

TIGHT!!!!

1    11/15/2008   11/17/2008
Review By: mreed12
Pros: Challenges all aspects of your throwing. Narrow tight fairways that take even tighter corners! Lots of blind shots into the woods and oput of the woods. Best course I have ever played that sits on .5 acres.
Cons: Nothing is marked, no maps available except here online(but it is not even correct). The tee diagrams are not correct, ended up playing the front nine twice b/c it was just to damn hard to figure out on my own!
Other Thoughts: If you are use to grip and rip courses then it will challenge you b/c allmost all shots demand preceise shots. It will be a course I play a lot due to the technically challenging nature of it.

A Day of Disc in Seattle!

6/18/2007   3/31/2008
Review By: weum107
Pros: In beautiful Seattle....has nice views, excellent foliage and trails and functional O.B. nets. Does a lot with very little relative space. Very excellent sitting and resting spots throughout. Good tee boxes. Picturesque and serene.
Cons: A bit cramped. Somewhat confusing alternate tees for 18, but a nice local fella helped me get it.
Other Thoughts: The second of 2 Seattle area courses i was lucky enough to hit up on my summer vacation in 2007. Nice local dudes showed me some of the nuances of this beauty as i trudged through a few 18 hole rounds in my day of fun. When my gal is with me, she can barely get through 18 but if I am alone and the weather permits, three or even four rounds are a given. Thanks to the nearby Arby's for the bathroom facility....nice course....