Voorhees, NJ
Stafford Woods Share
Uploaded By: MichaelWebster Hole #7 (Taken 5/2014)
Hole #7 Drop Zone

< Prev 1 2 3 4
Lucky We Live so Close

5+    2/8/2015   2/25/2015
Review By: wookieebeck
Pros: Many of the reviews here are spot on. I won't go into hole-by-hole details, rather for my first review, I will describe the feeling of playing here.
This was my first course. It got me hooked on DG. I branched out and played 14 other highly ranked places found on DGCR to see what other designers have created. And boy, am I glad I can call Stafford my home course. It continues to give me a fun challenge as I continue to play and get better.
Cons: Parking lot is tight, woodsy terrain. Is not a big enough con to stop anyone.
Noobs seam to do their own trimming and breaking of laurel trees. These are obstacles that are meant to be there. Please be courteous.
Other Thoughts: The locals are what makes this great course happen. The South Jersey DG community takes great care of this course. If you lose a disc at Stafford, there is a very high chance of getting your plastic back. The drop box is locked, yet emptied a lot and the pond is dragged. Just come to a tag round and find your lost discs (too many to call).

Nice COurse

5+    12/19/2014   2/19/2015
Review By: stevep74
Pros: Back 9 really add to the course. Lots of different throws. Deer all over the park.
Cons: Ticks. Ticks. And more ticks. Front 9 has some heavily wooded holes. Parking lot leaves something to be desired.
Other Thoughts: Good club running the course. Bring a "water" disc.

1    8/23/2014   12/23/2014
Review By: jkdisc
Pros: Stafford Woods is a way better course than I expected when I was driving in. I didn't expect a really good wooded course because the area seemed so developed. Very peaceful feel even though you are so close to the hubbub. The course was manicured with nearly no underbrush and very little litter. There is a nice variety with elevation, distances, turns, and risk/reward. There a couple open holes but it is mostly wooded. Most holes have 2 tee pads. There are different types of tee boxes but all of them were solid footing.

Other Pros:

-nice tee signs and arrows for easy navigation
-2 water carries
-2 practice baskets
-challenging yet fun
-well designed (two 9 hole loops)
Cons: I knew the driveway was going to be hard to catch but we still blew right past it. The road is busy and higher speed so by the time we saw the sign for the course we were past it. 2 U-turns and we made it. Then I felt like we were at someone's house. But all was good, the house is used for the locals tourneys, message boards, and lost and found box. We had trouble finding the 1st tee, but I pulled up the map and didn't need the map after tee #1 was found. The parking area can be tricky if it's busy as it's just a carved out area in the trees. These are really just nitpicks. The locals have done a great job creating a gem.
Other Thoughts: I really was completely surprised. The course deserves the rating it has earned. I will be back. I really enjoyed the water carries. Both aren't too far but you need to worry about making it past the slope so your disc doesn't roll back to the pond. Great course, highly recommended

A true gem in SJ

5+    12/11/2014   12/16/2014
Review By: 21111
Pros: 18 chainstar baskets. Nice tee signs, and directional arrows guiding you throughout the course.
Water comes into play on 2 holes. (#3 and #7)
Most holes have multiple tees and are comprised of stone pavers or carpeted boxes. (still under construction)
Multiple basket locations on each hole keep things interesting.
Nice use of fast greens will keep you thinking while your putter is in hand.
2 elevated baskets and 1 hanger will challenge even the best putters.
Extremely fair and well thought out design. Good use of the terrain, wooded and technical, risk vs. reward.
I think Stafford is unique in that it plays just as hard from the short tees as it does the long tee's.
The course consist of several par 4' s and a true par 5 (#11)

Portable toilets and plenty of parking on site.
Cons: Pulling out of or into Stafford Farm on to Evesham Rd. at the wrong time of day!

Carpeted tees will eventually be replaced.
Other Thoughts: Lost and found box
2 practice baskets
Great new course in SJ, for a great new club. You won't feel like you're in New Jersey while at Stafford Woods.

Great Course, Don't miss the entrance!

2-4    10/28/2014   11/2/2014
Review By: mattlinardo
This review was updated on 11/11/2014
Pros: Great course layout with multiple tees for each hole. Challenging and varied terrain. Mixed distances and curves so everything isn't a long bomb or left hand curves . Clearly designed to challenge both FH and BH players evenly. Awesome people on the course. Signs are clear and the locations of the next tees are very easy to find.
Cons: A little hard to find if you don't know where you are looking, as the sign for the entrance is very small and it can be difficult to make a left had turn into the parking area because of oncoming traffic.
Some holes are really tight with trees and can be very difficult for a new player. The rough is deep in the field holes and the weeds can eat your disc very easily.
Other Thoughts: This is a course local to me and the home course to some of my friends. Had a pleasurable experience out learning the course. Certainly a different kind of challenge, even from the short tees. This course can be very difficult for a new player and having a more experienced player with you to learn the lines and basket locations is a huge help.
This will be a premier course in the area as the tee pads are updated and entrance is marked more clearly . SJDG has done a fantastic job promoting the sport in our area and taking care of our local courses. Looking forward to seeing these courses develop and my game improving too.

Wooded and Weird

1    8/18/2014   9/7/2014
Review By: Upshawt1979
Pros: Stafford Woods is immediately different from the moment you drive in the parking lot. Tucked in a densely wooded drive, don't miss the turn because the sign pops out at the last moment. Once you park, there is a building and a bigger, more graffiti art Stafford Woods sign and some other info posted near by. Trash cans and a porto potty are also near the parking area. The first hole, and the 10th hole are just a short walk from there. The composition of the course changes from time to time. Much of it is wooded, and this is the feel on hole 1. Hole 2 is the same but longer, and the basket is atop a ridge that is a few steps higher than most of the fairway. Then on hole 3 you throw across a pond, that is blind from the long tee box. Climb that mound and get a look at the basket on the sloping bank on the opposite side before you drive. Hole 4 is more open and grassy, and the long grass to the left almost ate my Tee Bird, so watch out. The morning dew soaked my shoes and socks searching. Hole 5 really wide open, and 6 starts that way, but the basket is on a tall mound with a few trees scattered around it. Number 7 goes back across the pond, and the front nine finishes fully engulfed by the woods. The back nine also begins woodsy, but 10 is a good chance for a deuce. 11 is a long, twisting fairway, where elevation changes in contour is more noticeable, and hit me hard for a 7. 12 is short, but climbs a real hill. 12, 13, and 14 are all shorter, but wooded holes, and I scored another bird on 13. 15 tees out of the woods and crosses an expansive grass field before entering trees on the other side. 16 goes back across the grass, and the basket hangs in a tree, long but very wide open and straight forward. 17 takes you into the woods again for another long hole. I made a 3 thanks to a great drive. 18 finishes out with a shorter, dogleg left in heavy woods. I had a rough start, but was only 3 over par 66 at the end. One under on the back nine.

All of the baskets were in good shape, the long tees were concrete with signs, and the park was clean and trimmed well enough for me. A quality course certainly. Dog was finally able to break free of the leash here, and splash the pond scum like a champ.
Cons: Holes 5 and 16 were conventional and a bit bland, but served their purpose. The trees were overwhelming out of the box on hole 9. Throw and hope you make it through.
Other Thoughts: Stafford Woods had some good contrasting features, including water hazards, open to dense woods, with some nice elements of elevation change also. I liked it and was glad I chose to stop there. Not in the same class with some of the other courses in the region, but a good one for Jersey. Recommend it to any player who is nearby and hasn't made the trip yet. Fully deserving of the rating it has if you ask me.

Awesome!

1    6/22/2014   6/26/2014
Review By: EWSdiscgolf
Pros: You need a variety of shots to get through this course. I need to do overhead, rollers, forehand, and backhand. There was also a good balance of par 3's and par 4's, and a monster par 5 was also there! There were great baskets, new ones and the signage was great! The tee pads also had carpets on them on some holes for better footing, too. There were a lot of benches for resting after a long hole, and that was also a plus. There was good elevation, some were uphill, some downhill, and some straight. I LOVED hole 16, it was a 500 foot bomb and there was a hanging basket. It was a bit of a challenge because if you had a bad shot to the left, you could say bye to your disc (at least look for it first). There was a high rough on many holes to the left and right, but I thought it was good to have a little bit of a challenge. There were two water holes that weren't that hard, so I thought they were really fun because you had to go over water.
Cons: There were a lot of people, but I don't blame them because Stafford is a course that is so nice. Other that, no cons. This course was the bomb!
Other Thoughts: There are tournaments here so hopefully I can come to one, because this course was supreme!

Great Mix

2-4    6/14/2014   6/24/2014
Review By: jchoate7
Pros: Like my review title states. This course is a great mix of everything. The thing I think that I like the absolute most about this course is that it is so even when it comes to right and left handed favored holes. Great mix of wooded, moderately wooded, and open holes. The course is very well marked and there are two distinct 9 hole loops that start and finish near the parking area. Good basket locations, elevated holes and even a hanging basket. The hanging basket is actually in a great location and not just a 'gimmick'. Nice little pond where 2 holes throw over top of. Two layouts for each holes (for the most part).
Cons: The only cons I have for this course is the lack of elevation and not concrete tee pads. The parking situation is a bit tricky but doable and the entrance to the park is a bit hidden.
Other Thoughts: Great course. Would love to play more often but unfortunately I live 2 hours away. Will definitely be back to play if in the area. There is also a walking trail through the park if you are looking for something non disc golf related at the park.

One of the best in New Jersey

2-4    6/22/2014   6/23/2014
Review By: LaserShow
Pros: The course offeres almost everything you could want in a DG course. A few strategically placed walls would make it incredibly difficult but so much fun. It uses the little elevation available well but could use more. With that said, very well done.
Cons: The course does have some danger spots with barbed wire so be careful. The parking lot needs to be improved. Also, for a newcomer, it could be a little challenging to navigate. I look forward to bigger tournaments here.
Other Thoughts: South Jersey Disc Golf is doing an amazing job of growing the sport. New courses are popping up and existing ones are expanding. Keep an eye out for future pros out of New Jersey!

Heavily wooded yet open ?

1    6/17/2014   6/17/2014
Review By: nwinnie34
Pros: First time playing this course. Easy to miss, keep an eye out for the Stafford Woods Disc Golf sign !

Great course, very very wooded, yet open enough to drive a car around each hole, great mix of hyzer and anhyzer shots needed to play well. Two pretty cool water hazards that give some risk/reward points, I almost holed the 2nd water hole !

Plenty of longer holes to open up on, yet plenty of technical holes that challenge every part of the game.

Well kept, awesome signage, never once got lost, woods are very bare so tossing a disc off the beaten path turned out being very easy to find throughout all 18 holes

I can't wait to go back again with friends, two tee box options per hole. A+
2 practice baskets, port-o-potty near practice tees
Cons: Not many, no course map posted (nice to take a photo of before playing), parking was very limited, i had to make my own spot vs driving thru a huge mud patch
Other Thoughts: Great course, would love to come back soon.

< Prev 1 2 3 4