Voorhees, NJ
Stafford Woods Share
Uploaded By: MichaelWebster Hole #15 (Taken 5/2014)
Hole #15 Mid-Fairway

I really like this course

2-4    9/9/2013   9/9/2013
Review By: Fishfood
Pros: I loved the rounds I've played here. It's well maintained, good mix of layout, woods/water/field/OB hazards, making for a challenging round of DG. Chainstar baskets are great. Nice design in a compact area. I understand they may be putting in 9 more holes...BRAVO if they do...I love playing here..wish it was closer.
Cons: Tee pads are in need of some serious raking. I wish more courses would have some rakes for the players to use...we'd keep them raked :)
Would be nice to have a course map on the Info Board.
Other Thoughts: Dog house for lost discs is very cool! Great course, fun and challenging. Can't wait for the addition..if it's happening. SJDG keep up the great work! Much appreciated!

Date: 7/23/2014 Designer Response by: hawk12
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the course.
Tee pads are being addressed, many have been improved on already.
4 tee pads have Flys pads (those in the sunny area will get these) and 3 tee pads now have pavers (those in the wooded areas will get pavers)
Most other tees have carpets that are dug in to hold grip and prevent "rutting" until we can afford pavers and frames.
A large metal sign with course map and info will be made shortly for the back of the message board also.
I appreciate all feedback as we use that to continually improve our courses.
Adam

Very Fun!

1    6/23/2013   6/24/2013
Review By: dancordle5360
Pros: This course has so much going for it; tight but fair fairways on the wooded holes, length where appropriate, interesting layout, tough and fast greens (I was told that might change due to erosion issues), fun.

Great baskets.
Cons: Parking and park entrance need to be addressed. It was quite difficult to turn across traffic to enter park. Tee areas are small and with any amount of use will could become slipping hazards. I am not a fan of the gravel tee areas, the type of gravel was loose and not very well contained. Tee signs were ok, but for someone not familiar with the course, determining the exact pin location was difficult.
Other Thoughts: All-in-all this course was so fun to play. I will definitely, be back for more.

Great Up and Coming New Course!

1    10/9/2012   10/9/2012
Review By: Jeffrey2636
Pros: A new course in this area is a big plus. The land is used very well and some good thought went into fairway design and basket placement. While not the longest of courses, there is enough challenge for an amateur to find some nice balance to their shots.
Bright spanking new Chain Star baskets clearly marked. Pin placements are challenging but well thought out.
Fairways are clear and there is a clear path to the hole even in the wooded portions of the course.
This is a good mix of wooded holes that require accuracy and some open bombs away holes included in the 9. Nice use of the small frog pond in the middle of the course. Two holes go over it. While both are reasonably short in nature, water in play is always a nice addition to a DG course.

While only nine holes, every hole seems to have a uniqueness to it. The elevated basket on 3 and 6 are nice.

2 sets of tee pads allow for more experienced DG'ers and novices to both enjoy it.

As an out of towner traveling here, it is one of the best marked courses I have played. You don't need a map as the trailways from the basket to the next tee is lined with logs. No possible chance of getting turned around or wandering around for the next tee. Nicely done folks!

Nice homemade benches at each teebox.
Cons: While others complained about the debris on the course, I played this in October and the debris must have been covered up by leaves or they have picked up a lot of it. Small amounts of litter around which could be solved by a few trashcans.

I can see Ticks being a problem in the warmer months but I did not experience any while I was there. It had rained earlier in the day and temps were low which probably helped.

Dirt tee boxes might get ugly in the wet seasons.
Other Thoughts: I wasn't expecting much of a 9 holes course so I was completely surprised at how good this course really was. Fun factor was high. Enough holes of 400-500ft to allow for the driver to come out of the bag on a few holes. The variety of shots needed to play this course were decent.

I will definitely be back to this course when I travel back here. Well worth the time. I'd recommend this to anyone in the area.

Stafford Farms DGC

2-4    7/31/2012   7/31/2012
Review By: JB13
Pros: The course is built on preserved land on the border of Voorhees and Cherry Hill townships. At one time, the same tract of land was a working farm, with wood frontage, pond, farmhouse and field's. This translates very well into a variety of terrain and hole diversity.
The first two holes are cut through forest, and require more precision.
The 3rd hole over frog pond is being referred to as the "signature hole", and the elevated basket placement creates its own challenges.
From here the course starts to open up, allowing for more distance throws.
Hole 4 is a links type dog leg left, with the approach shot over the spot where the farmhouse once stood. On both sides of the fairway are large ravines filled with farmhouse debris. "The Toilet". The basket sits just in the woods.
Hole 5 is an open field par 3 with a nice basket placement to the left of a large tree, just behind and to the right of a small thicket. There is a nice view of the back of the still existing a working Staffordshire Farm. The resident herd of deer is often within eyeshot.
Hole 6 is a par four open field shot. The fairway slopes downward and slightly left with an elevated basket.
Hole 7 is the 2nd over frog pond with the water coming into play at the end of the drive. There is a forward tee, and a drop spot for the wet one's. This is a deceptive hole that plays longer than posted making it very easy to lose discs to the pond.
Holes 8 and 9 are again wooded, requiring more finesse and accuracy.
Cons: Lots of debris around the pond, including an old dock with exposed rusty nails. Watch where you are walking. " The Toilet" will eventually have to be cleaned up of the farmhouse debris. The pond is pretty deep and has already claimed one of my drivers. Some strategically placed trashcans are greatly needed. SIGNAGE, both on the course and off the course.
When exiting onto Evesham Rd, take a right turn only. You're coming out of an unmarked driveway onto a 4 lane road making it very difficult to see and be seen. Better to go right and use the next light for a u-turn.

Other Thoughts: All in all, I'm very excited about the course and the potential back 9. The course reminds me of S Vineland (wooded and water) and Tyler's open field holes. The layout and basket placement will truly have one using all shots in the bag. Hope to see some old pool equipment for retrieval of discs in the pond.
Above all, I'm hoping the sanctity of the nature preserve remains intact while we are allowed to use the land for disc golf. Please take home everything you bring to the course.

Great new South Jersey Course!

2-4    7/28/2012   7/28/2012
Review By: Coasterbrad
This review was updated on 9/2/2012
Pros: Overview:
-I went out and played Stafford this afternoon. Very happy with what is currently there and I know it will only get better as more work goes into the course. This really fills a bad void for Disc Golf in the area, so a huge thank you to everyone who worked to make this course possible.

-I was by myself but met Adam (Course Designer), Becky, and their friend on the course. They were nice enough to let me tag along so I got to hear some of the future plans for the back 9. When everything is completed this will make a great 18 hole course that will challenge every player. But, in order for that to happen Voorhees needs to see people out on the course. So go play. Now!

Difficulty:
-I would consider myself to be an advance amateur/intermediate player. This course definitely has some challenging holes for my skill level, but not too challenging as to scare away new comers to the sport.

-For more advanced players, the long tees play great with plenty of difficulty. Once the holes have multiple pin locations there will be even more challenges that will really test your skills. I don't say this about too many courses, but I really think this caters perfectly to both Pros and Amateurs. There is something for everyone.

Tees/Pin Placement:
-Tee pads are clearly marked with most (maybe all) having a long tee and a short tee.

-Baskets are all installed. Some really good pin placement that uses the natural terrain perfectly. A mix of heavily protected pins and more open greens requires you to throw lots of different approach shots. I really like Hole 3's basket. Don't over throw that one, but don't under throw it either.
Cons: Overview:
-Most cons for this course are due to it being brand new or due to natural problems. Most of the negatives that I saw will be worked out eventually, such as not all holes having tee signs and it being a little difficult to navigate in one or two spots.

Ticks/Bugs:
-Lots of ticks and other bugs out there. Bring bug spray and make sure you check you legs and feet before leaving.

-The pond that comes into play on 3 and 7 seems to be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other bugs. They didn't really bother me though so just spray yourself and you should be fine.

Rough:
-The open field holes are currently nicely mowed. However, if the rough on either side grows out of hand the holes will become unforgiving to novice players.

Parking:
-Small parking lot. It could get awfully crowded once people realize there is now a great course in Voorhees :)
Other Thoughts: -This really is a very good course. I am looking forward to seeing it expand and improve. You can tell that a ton of work was put in to get it to where it currently is. Make sure you support that effort and go out to play.

-Watch out for the rusted metal barbed wire fencing. It may be taken out at some point, but it currently blends in with the woods pretty well so it would be possible to walk into it. I saw it to the left of hole 3, on the way to hole 4.

-I have limited course experience, but I definitely liked what I saw. I am interested to hear what more experienced players think of the layout and course overall.

-Once all 18 holes are completed, this course will be excellent. The front 9 is a nice preview of what could be if the Township approves the expansion.