Voorhees, NJ
Stafford Woods Share
Uploaded By: discNDav Hole #9 (Taken 7/2012)

Fun Wooded Course

1    5/10/2013   5/13/2013
Review By: sqorbit
Pros: Great course to test all different types of shots. Right from the 1st hole you get a challenging hole that was even fun for me as a beginner. The water in play is just enough not to overwhelm but still adds a great challenge.

A few open holes in the middle gives you a great chance to test out your long drives.

As a beginner looking at the map I was a little intimidated, but after the 2nd hole I realized it was a great course with just the right amount of difficulty.

The course should be challenging for experienced players too. The multiple tee spots gives you a chance to play some challenging drives.

Signage is perfect too. It was easy to follow this course and find the different tees.
Cons: The only con may be that it's 9 holes. This isn't really a bad thing though since it's a great place to get a quick round in after work before the sunsets.

Nature will do it's thing also. Wet, muddy and lots of bugs, but that's just part of the game.

This really is a 4.5 (possibly 5) course that almost nothing wrong with it.
Other Thoughts: I plan on making this my go to course for a round after work. A few groups were out playing and everyone was extremely friendly. Provided enough challenge while being a great time.

We want the back 9!

5+    12/20/2012   12/31/2012
Review By: K. Butter
Pros: This 9 holer has a great combo of open fields to rip long drives and wooded holes to test your accuracy, line strategy, not to mention patience. Good use of the small pond to raise the level of difficulty and think twice about your shots. Dual tees make a nice 18 holer if you have the time. Very well kept and has good signage.
Cons: Not too much on the negative side, except parking. It seems if you catch it on a busy day you have trouble finding a place to put the wheels. Lost a few discs in the pond, but that's player error. Great course!
Other Thoughts: Hoping for the next 9 to be put in soon (the sign to tee 10 is a tease!)

Fun course!

1    12/22/2012   12/26/2012
Review By: BobbyC13
Pros: I am from GA and really enjoyed this course. It is challenging and requires some good shots to score well. I like the way the 9 holer was laid out and that some of the tee shots from the longer pads were pretty risky. The two teepads were also a different enough shot to warrant playing both sets of pads for a 18 hole layout. Hole 1 and 9 were right beside each other and course flows was good throughout, The signs were okay.
Cons: I did get confused somewhat with it being my first time out here, but logic landed me the upper hand when figuring out where to throw to.
Other Thoughts: They do not have concrete pads here but I do not view that as a negative. It just is what it is, The natural pads were level and clean. I enjoyed this course and its nice to know my wife's grandparent house is 5 miles from a good course as opposed to 25+!!! Kudos to the designer, good job!

Great Course

5+    10/12/2012   10/15/2012
Review By: slvravn
Pros: - Since I have just started playing, this course has been really great in helping me develop my game. There are a few holes where you can really launch it, but for the most part the holes require a good amount of finesse. This is great for beginners who should learn accuracy before distance and also should be a hit for experienced throwers too.

- Great signage for each hole.

This seems to be a well thought out course and really takes you through a lovely, little used park in South Jersey
Cons: - Ticks. This is not necessarily a course problem but more of an area problem. Bring spray and do a check for any hitchhikers before you leave.

- Parking and signage for the course from the roadway are a little rough, but from my understanding will be improved in the future

- Random trees that jump in front of your discs
Other Thoughts: I cant wait to see this turn into a 18 hole course in the near future.

Great Up and Coming New Course!

1    10/9/2012   10/9/2012
Review By: Jeffrey2636
Pros: A new course in this area is a big plus. The land is used very well and some good thought went into fairway design and basket placement. While not the longest of courses, there is enough challenge for an amateur to find some nice balance to their shots.
Bright spanking new Chain Star baskets clearly marked. Pin placements are challenging but well thought out.
Fairways are clear and there is a clear path to the hole even in the wooded portions of the course.
This is a good mix of wooded holes that require accuracy and some open bombs away holes included in the 9. Nice use of the small frog pond in the middle of the course. Two holes go over it. While both are reasonably short in nature, water in play is always a nice addition to a DG course.

While only nine holes, every hole seems to have a uniqueness to it. The elevated basket on 3 and 6 are nice.

2 sets of tee pads allow for more experienced DG'ers and novices to both enjoy it.

As an out of towner traveling here, it is one of the best marked courses I have played. You don't need a map as the trailways from the basket to the next tee is lined with logs. No possible chance of getting turned around or wandering around for the next tee. Nicely done folks!

Nice homemade benches at each teebox.
Cons: While others complained about the debris on the course, I played this in October and the debris must have been covered up by leaves or they have picked up a lot of it. Small amounts of litter around which could be solved by a few trashcans.

I can see Ticks being a problem in the warmer months but I did not experience any while I was there. It had rained earlier in the day and temps were low which probably helped.

Dirt tee boxes might get ugly in the wet seasons.
Other Thoughts: I wasn't expecting much of a 9 holes course so I was completely surprised at how good this course really was. Fun factor was high. Enough holes of 400-500ft to allow for the driver to come out of the bag on a few holes. The variety of shots needed to play this course were decent.

I will definitely be back to this course when I travel back here. Well worth the time. I'd recommend this to anyone in the area.

Great Course

1    9/26/2012   9/26/2012
Review By: riltim
Pros: Nice layout with multiple tees on each hole. Great use of the land. Challenging basket locations on a few holes. Nice teepads for being natural.
Cons: Wood Framing around the natural tee boxes. I don't mind it on the sides but when its in front I worry about tripping which can mess up my throw.
Other Thoughts: Whenever I'm in the area for work I'll be sure to bring my bag. Was a really fun course.

Stafford Woods

1    9/15/2012   9/15/2012
Review By: scunham
Pros: What another excellent addition to South Jersey as far as courses. Great mixture of both wooded holes and open land. Beautiful scenery! Very nice signage and tees are awesome as well. Some holes provide opportunities for aces ( 3,7) but also can prove dangerous if you end up short and find yourself in the water. Very easy to follow
Cons: Hard to point out any real cons. If anything I would say a lack of parking.
Other Thoughts: Very easy to get to and very easy to navigate compared to other courses. Excellent job to those who helped put in stafford! I look forwarding to playing the back 9 when that's done and approved.

Great developing course

5+    8/1/2012   8/4/2012
Review By: Buchajs1
This review was updated on 6/28/2013
Pros: Great course for a course that has just been made
Great variety, water, rough, and woods.
Baskets elevated makes for difficult uphill putts
Baskets marked with a hole number. This is a must for developing courses that are still working on signage.
Challenges every type of player
Hole three and seven gives ou a chance for an ace
Nice steps on hole six
Retaing walls begining on 3 which look pretty cool
Cons: Not many. Mainly just signage.on hole 3 I almost put one in the water because I didn't know it was there. There is still a variety of debris lining the fairways this should be cleared. If they can fix these this will be a fantastic course EDIT.... Signage has been taken care of. Fairways are looking much better
Other Thoughts: Use the directions on this site and you'll be fine.
This is a great developing course. looking forward to the future back nine. Come out and support this course so that it can be upgraded.Edit this course is getting better every day it is truly awesome

Stafford Farms DGC

2-4    7/31/2012   7/31/2012
Review By: JB13
Pros: The course is built on preserved land on the border of Voorhees and Cherry Hill townships. At one time, the same tract of land was a working farm, with wood frontage, pond, farmhouse and field's. This translates very well into a variety of terrain and hole diversity.
The first two holes are cut through forest, and require more precision.
The 3rd hole over frog pond is being referred to as the "signature hole", and the elevated basket placement creates its own challenges.
From here the course starts to open up, allowing for more distance throws.
Hole 4 is a links type dog leg left, with the approach shot over the spot where the farmhouse once stood. On both sides of the fairway are large ravines filled with farmhouse debris. "The Toilet". The basket sits just in the woods.
Hole 5 is an open field par 3 with a nice basket placement to the left of a large tree, just behind and to the right of a small thicket. There is a nice view of the back of the still existing a working Staffordshire Farm. The resident herd of deer is often within eyeshot.
Hole 6 is a par four open field shot. The fairway slopes downward and slightly left with an elevated basket.
Hole 7 is the 2nd over frog pond with the water coming into play at the end of the drive. There is a forward tee, and a drop spot for the wet one's. This is a deceptive hole that plays longer than posted making it very easy to lose discs to the pond.
Holes 8 and 9 are again wooded, requiring more finesse and accuracy.
Cons: Lots of debris around the pond, including an old dock with exposed rusty nails. Watch where you are walking. " The Toilet" will eventually have to be cleaned up of the farmhouse debris. The pond is pretty deep and has already claimed one of my drivers. Some strategically placed trashcans are greatly needed. SIGNAGE, both on the course and off the course.
When exiting onto Evesham Rd, take a right turn only. You're coming out of an unmarked driveway onto a 4 lane road making it very difficult to see and be seen. Better to go right and use the next light for a u-turn.

Other Thoughts: All in all, I'm very excited about the course and the potential back 9. The course reminds me of S Vineland (wooded and water) and Tyler's open field holes. The layout and basket placement will truly have one using all shots in the bag. Hope to see some old pool equipment for retrieval of discs in the pond.
Above all, I'm hoping the sanctity of the nature preserve remains intact while we are allowed to use the land for disc golf. Please take home everything you bring to the course.

Great new South Jersey Course!

2-4    7/28/2012   7/28/2012
Review By: Coasterbrad
This review was updated on 9/2/2012
Pros: Overview:
-I went out and played Stafford this afternoon. Very happy with what is currently there and I know it will only get better as more work goes into the course. This really fills a bad void for Disc Golf in the area, so a huge thank you to everyone who worked to make this course possible.

-I was by myself but met Adam (Course Designer), Becky, and their friend on the course. They were nice enough to let me tag along so I got to hear some of the future plans for the back 9. When everything is completed this will make a great 18 hole course that will challenge every player. But, in order for that to happen Voorhees needs to see people out on the course. So go play. Now!

Difficulty:
-I would consider myself to be an advance amateur/intermediate player. This course definitely has some challenging holes for my skill level, but not too challenging as to scare away new comers to the sport.

-For more advanced players, the long tees play great with plenty of difficulty. Once the holes have multiple pin locations there will be even more challenges that will really test your skills. I don't say this about too many courses, but I really think this caters perfectly to both Pros and Amateurs. There is something for everyone.

Tees/Pin Placement:
-Tee pads are clearly marked with most (maybe all) having a long tee and a short tee.

-Baskets are all installed. Some really good pin placement that uses the natural terrain perfectly. A mix of heavily protected pins and more open greens requires you to throw lots of different approach shots. I really like Hole 3's basket. Don't over throw that one, but don't under throw it either.
Cons: Overview:
-Most cons for this course are due to it being brand new or due to natural problems. Most of the negatives that I saw will be worked out eventually, such as not all holes having tee signs and it being a little difficult to navigate in one or two spots.

Ticks/Bugs:
-Lots of ticks and other bugs out there. Bring bug spray and make sure you check you legs and feet before leaving.

-The pond that comes into play on 3 and 7 seems to be a breeding ground for mosquitoes and other bugs. They didn't really bother me though so just spray yourself and you should be fine.

Rough:
-The open field holes are currently nicely mowed. However, if the rough on either side grows out of hand the holes will become unforgiving to novice players.

Parking:
-Small parking lot. It could get awfully crowded once people realize there is now a great course in Voorhees :)
Other Thoughts: -This really is a very good course. I am looking forward to seeing it expand and improve. You can tell that a ton of work was put in to get it to where it currently is. Make sure you support that effort and go out to play.

-Watch out for the rusted metal barbed wire fencing. It may be taken out at some point, but it currently blends in with the woods pretty well so it would be possible to walk into it. I saw it to the left of hole 3, on the way to hole 4.

-I have limited course experience, but I definitely liked what I saw. I am interested to hear what more experienced players think of the layout and course overall.

-Once all 18 holes are completed, this course will be excellent. The front 9 is a nice preview of what could be if the Township approves the expansion.