Joplin, MO
McClelland Park Share
Uploaded By: eye-ball-sac Hole #6 (Taken 8/2010)

Favorite Course in the Area

5+    11/10/2014   11/12/2014
Review By: RONALDOHUFF
Pros: - the variety is great, I like having to bring a lot of different discs
- you can find some local pros out their on almost any given day and they are always more than willing to help
- not many chances to lose a disc, even though I have lost a couple but not bad since I have played the course probably more than 50 times.
- Some nice long holes that really give someone with distance an advantage but some shorter holes that require very controlled drives
- never too crowed but still gets plenty of use
Cons: - some tee pads have big drop offs before and after the pad so if you have a longer run up you may be at a disadvantage and you can't got past the end on some holes.
- Some holes are pretty rocky but thats kind of how Missouri is
- Practice basket could use some mulch or something around the base so we could actually use it with out tearing up discs and it could be better marked for people who have never played the course because it is right beside 18's basket.
Other Thoughts: Great course that I play multiple times a week, I consider it my home course. League night is on Tuesdays at 5:30 in the spring and fall and 6:30 during the summer, come join us!

Awsome

1    8/16/2013   8/19/2013
Review By: quietman2005
Pros: -Beautiful course in a nice park. There was no trash laying around.
-Lots of mature trees to provide plenty of shade.
-Tee signs that don't only show distance and directions to the hole, but have an arrow pointing to where the next tee is in regards to the basket.
-Nice big concrete tee pads that have actually been constructed right, so they are not slick.
-Very large blue signs on all the baskets saying which hole the basket belongs to. They are big enough that you can tell which basket it is from the tee.
-Trash cans and benches at almost every tee.
-Good mix of long and short holes.
-Decent elevation change.
Cons: This course isn't close enough to my house for me to play on a regular basis.
Other Thoughts: I have rated Joplin's course higher than I have any other course because I feel that Joplin has taken the time to work on the things that can make big difference on a course no matter where it is. In most parts of the country you cant do a whole lot about things like elevation change, if there is water in play, the type of vegitation that naturally grows in that area. To try and improve these could cost way to much.
The things that can make for a good course anywhere have been addressed here, like great signs making navigation easier, constructing tee pads that keep you out of danger when throwing, benches throughout, and plenty of trash cans to help keep the park clean
I wish courses in my part of the country would look at Joplin's course and take some pointers from them.
I have g