Blaine, MN
Abundant Life Church Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #7 (Taken 9/2012)

1    7/13/2014   7/13/2014
Review By: Blaaaake77
Pros: - Baskets, if you can consider them baskets.
- A beginner learning course
- No traffic
- No challenge/practice course
- Basically a small safari course
Cons: - No teepads
- No real objective
- Pin to pin throwing
- No obstacles
Other Thoughts: I just came and played this course to cross another one of the list of courses in MN. I wouldn't bother going here whatsoever, don't waste your time I am assuming it's mostly for the kids at church camps and what not. It's truly not worth your time.

1    6/14/2013   7/14/2013
Review By: timj5304
Pros: This is on a private church land, no traffic you have to deal with. Home made baskets which are different but kind of cool if your accepting of targets that are DIFFERENT THAN CHAINS. There is a poster who is bitching about the targets on the main page for this course, guessing they highly dislike cones as well!
Cons: No tees but if your like me and like to create holes and safari its no big deal. Not really a course so to speak but kind of felt like I wasnt supposed to be there anyways :P
Other Thoughts: Overall I rated it a 2 because there is a open field for you to let it fly and unload your bag at some targets. Baskets are unforgiving on soft putts and reject. I grew up and started on Cone baskets so I am used to the whole "if you throw a bad putt it doesnt go in" mentality and am ok with it. I dislike when I shoot bad putts and am like damnit and then it goes in anyways.

Umm....

1    8/19/2012   8/19/2012
Review By: buzzkid
Pros: Good practice for putting. You will probably walk out with a couple of "aces", if you really can even call them that.
Cons: Where do I start. Well, there is no actual direction for this course, its pin to pin. Next, there is absolutly no difficulty at all, no trees, nothing. Next the baskets may give you an infection....
Other Thoughts: Like everyone else said, the medical center is right across the street. And if you want to pick up some disc, head up 117th a little further and you will find an awesome shop called "Disc Life"

Beginner course

1    7/27/2012   7/29/2012
Review By: The_Babanator
This review was updated on 9/8/2012
Pros: 1.Good for beginners that don't know how to throw.

2. An open field to perfect your throw.

3. It is free and there are baskets.
Cons: 1. Make sure to get your tetanus shot before you play because the baskets are home made and as rusty as can be.

2. All the baskets are different sizes and none of them are official.

3. Nothing exciting at all, just make sure you don't throw it onto the road.

4. No tees so it is basket to basket

5. Not fun at all except if you want to perfect your throw and want some aces.
Other Thoughts: They should really put in tees and plant some trees then maybe it would be fun. One of my friends goes to this church and he said that they are working on the course so that's good.

One and Done

1    7/27/2012   7/27/2012
Review By: djschnabel
Pros: Disc Golf!
Free!
Chains (kind of)
Cons: Homemade baskets. Not just homemade, the worst type. They took a 4X4 punched it through a barrel, and placed plywood on top. The 'chains' are not the typical DG chains, but the type you'd use to tow something (don't know how to explain it). You will probably scar a disc on the barrel bottoms.
Baskets are different heights, chain spread is different from basket to basket.
No tee signs. We played from basket to basket.
It's in the middle of an open field. No obstacles to play from. One basket is near a swampy area w/ cattails, this basket was the only exciting one to play, but it was all downhill from there.
Other Thoughts: Blaine Medical Center can be seen from the field, in case you need a tetanus shot from retrieving your disc. You could play the course clockwise, and then counter-clockwise. That might be kind of fun.
I played w/ my wife and three kids, and we didn't get harassed, so they have that going for them.

I don't think the baskets will last the summer, due to the inevitable rotting of the plywood tops.

I played it once, and that was enough for me. Also, I only saw 8 baskets, not the nine mentioned here.