Biloxi, MS
Hiller Park Share
Uploaded By: Cgkortz Hole #13 (Taken 2/2013)
Hole #13 Red Tee

TDY USAF

5+    8/12/2014   8/14/2014
Review By: Proskater15
Pros: This was my first course after the Keesler warm up course when I learned to play 2 yrs ago. I loved hiller park then and I love it even more now.

I would never go for it on any of the water holes and had no idea how to make a RHBH throw turn to the right. I am stationed in Guam and would always think of the water holes and why didn't I just go for it. ( there are no courses on Guam)

I got 3 week training orders back and was so excited to play the course again. Now I can make all the holes from the red tees.

Since I have been gone new pros include

New bridges

New concrete tees

New holes

Pro tees

What the course has always had

Great terrain
Great obstacles
Great people
Great variety
All around fun

You get a great mix of technical holes
Wide open holes
Overhanging tree limbs that force control drives
Dog leg rights and lefts.
A couple of good ace able holes
There are some signatures out there

Cons: Some concrete tees feel too short

I would love to help build more bridges ( I wish I was stationed here)

The pro tee on 6 seems like you do not have a shot

People do tend to park in bad spots, I almost hit a Cadillac
Other Thoughts: This course will always have a special spot in my heart and I will always look forward to coming back to Biloxi so I can play it. Thank you so much.

Best course on the MS coast

5+    12/28/2013   11/15/2012
Review By: eday1022
This review was updated on 1/4/2014
Pros: *Update*
.Concrete tee's have been added to the AM tee pads.
.Pro tees are currently Natural tees
.Multiple pins placements have been added on several holes.

This 21 hole course is a great course for upper level am to professional players, even from the am (red) tees. Great location, everyone I have met, including non disc golfers, have been very nice. A good mix of long and short holes and lots of OB around to keep you on your game. Also maybe one of the best thing about this course is that there is a guy out there that canoes around and grabs disc, and he calls the owners! There is also bathrooms at the park near hole 15, so if any ladies reading this, I know you will be glad to hear that. Ducks, if you like ducks, they got ducks. I know that has nothing to do with disc golf, but you never know if there is a duck lover out there. Another big plus is the police frequent the area, they have never stopped me or anything. Just good to know that I don't have to deal with any unwanted people at the park. Elevation change on a few holes, this is not frequent at other courses around area. The park also has other activities for those on a family trip, Volley ball, I think I saw a horse shoe pit or two, basketball, tennis, and open fields for other activities. Park is kept very clean, and grass has always been cut. On the wooded holes they have added trails to get back to where you shouldn't have thrown. Good flow from hole to hole. Great baskets that will catch even the not so great putts. If you like throwing floating disc, you will love this course. Low chance of twisting ankle, this is something I do often and I'm very happy I don't have to watch my every step here.
Cons: First hole is a water hole, easy hole but scary without a few warm ups.
Hole 5, Really a needless filler hole that could be changed into a real nice hole.
Bugs, anything south of I10 is buggy so bring lots of bug spray.
Pro tee box, do to being natural they have a few holes that are sandy and are becoming big holes and not nice flat tee's.
Deep mud, noting they can help but be careful as you can go hip deep in some areas.
Tee signs, the biggest issue I have with the course, they only say hole number.
Non disc golfers are frequent, all have been friendly but they tend to park in fairways at times.
Hole transition on two holes are really annoying as you have to walk a good bit out of your way, bridges would be helpful.
Score cards, I wish they had some available...
Other Thoughts: Don't let my cons keep you from playing this course, I drive an extra 35 minutes to play this course over my home course. I only got nit picky with the cons, so they have something to go on. They got a great group of local that are always improving the course, and the park seems to be very helpful in keeping the course at its best also.

Pleasant Surprise

2-4    9/23/2012   9/30/2012
Review By: The Drake
Pros: Fairly easy to navigate course with pretty obvious transitions between holes. Has both blue and red tees though like many "pro/am" tee box setups they really only differ by about 50 feet or so which in my opinion doesn't necessarily make a big difference, especially on some of the longer holes. Since its in a public park the grass is well maintained. Great use of the park land. You literally walk the entire park during a round. Incorporates multiple water holes including on the very first tee which provides for a true sphincter tightening experience as soon as you get out of the car.
Cons: The course has natural tee pads which I've referenced in multiple other of my reviews is not personally a con for me but for many players I can understand why. The good news is they're all natural meaning you at least get 18 holes of consistency. The other tee pad issue, however, is that there are minimalist tee signs. While you can clearly see the blue and red markers all they provide is the hole number. There are no distances and no "suggested routes". Being primarily an open course the later isn't that big of a deal but having distances would be nice.

The course is in a public park so as usual there are many other non-disc golfers using the multitude of other areas of the park. For the most part the course actually manages to stay out of the main areas of the park but you will encounter some non-golf traffic during your round.
Other Thoughts: I'm currently working at the VA for a next 2 months and was excited that I would have a course I could literally walk to but definitely was not expecting what I found when I played this course the first time. I was honestly surprised at how good of a course it really is. The water holes are designed in such a way as to actually be technically demanding as well as aesthetically appealing. If you don't like risk reward and get nervous on the tee pad there are multiple water holes where you can easily lose plastic if you don't commit. There's a nice mix of shots and shot requirements. If you have a multitude of shots in your bag then you'll shoot well, if you don't you may find this course pretty tough. Overall a great course in south Mississippi and will definitely make my 10 weeks away from home much better.

Fun course to distract from a family visit

1    9/14/2012   9/21/2012
Review By: larryth
Pros: -interesting terrain
-maintained (they were mowing that morning)
-mix of open and techincal shots
Cons: -course layout (too many water shots and discs floating in the water)
-no signage warning other park patricians (dog walkers and walkers wondering all over the course)
-irritating back bay/water winds
-hardest shots are in the beginning
Other Thoughts: The park is rather nice. Think the tees should be around to where the access points are to cross the water in most cases.
The park would also be more fun in reverse order and fewer holes.
I would definitely play again when visiting family.
Also, no practice tee and hole 5 was under construction.