Roanoke, WV
Stonewall Jackson Resort Share
Uploaded By: knettles Hole #1 (Taken 7/2012)
3 / 114ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Beautiful place!

1    6/21/2013   6/22/2013
Review By: Ceej1978
Pros: The resort itself is a beautiful place. There are LOTS of things to do. It's not too far off of I-79. Stonewall Jackson Resort is a great place for a quick weekend trip. We plan on doing it soon for some fishing and disc golf.

The course is a nice little 9 hole that starts from the recreation building. The holes are marked with white sign posts with the number and distance. The first 3 holes are in the open field beside the rec building, as is the last hole. All the holes are fairly short except for #7. There aren't any major hazards except for on #6 where you are driving straight toward the lake and #7 where at about 275 - 300 feet there is the lake hazard and tall weeds on the left side. I actually lost an Elite Z Avenger there even with RHFH. I think it rolled into the lake.
Cons: The only thing I don't like about it is there should be more holes. They did good with what room they had though. We played it twice for a quick 18.
Other Thoughts: All in all I think it's a great course for beginners and a nice break from hiking around in the woods for seasoned players. Play it as par 3 and you'll probably be under a few strokes. I'm far from playing like I used to and I birdied several holes. I did enjoy it very much and can't wait to play it again.

Short Love

5+    7/28/2012   7/28/2012
Review By: knettles
Pros: -Newish course with fresh Innova baskets.
-Some interesting hole placements with trees and lake in play.
-Beautiful park setting.
-Lots of amenities, including camping, a lodge, fishing, segways, mini golf, picnic pavilions, and a ball golf course.
Cons: -Very short course.
-Picnickers might get in the way on weekends.
-Pay to get into the park.
Other Thoughts: For the size, I think this is a rather fun course. My short game has improved immensely from playing here so often. They don't have any really long holes, but there is a field which works for getting some practice in (unless you can drive over 350'). There's a really great layout for long tees, unfortunately it's not marked or permanent. So until then, I'll let you figure that out for yourself. Have fun.

Also, don't pay any attention to the scorecard if you pick one up. Someone who obviously doesn't play disc golf made it. It has par 4's and 5's on it, but this is just a par 3 course.