Fayetteville, NY
Green Lakes State Park Share
Uploaded By: spurdy Hole #5 (Taken 7/2010)

short but fun course

5+    8/7/2012   8/8/2012
Review By: omerta5k
Pros: Course path is easy to follow
Each hole has it's own challenge
Good place to practice putting and mid range game
Great for beginners
Cons: short
Tee spots can get muddy
Only 9 holes
Other Thoughts: If you go into this course expecting it be short you will have fun. It isn't a difficult course but each hole is laid out nicely with trees making you use different approaches.
I learned to play on this course and my son loves playing here.
You can play a few rounds in under an hour.
Price into park seems expensive but there is a lot of other "attractions" at the park.
I have a park pass otherwise I would not play here as often as I do. I like to come here to try out new discs and get in practice putting and mid-range throws.
Often you will see deer while playing this course!

Fun and quick for a newcomer

2-4    7/24/2010   11/10/2010
Review By: softball29
Pros: Short. For a newcomer or somebody just looking to fling a few discs quickly, this is a great little course. It was one of the first courses I've played and I really enjoyed the layout as it wasn't the most challenging course.

The baskets were really cool. I enjoyed that. It was also pretty easy to realize where the holes were and all.

Quick and easy. If you are here doing other things, you could play it twice in about 45 minutes.
Cons: The layout. For me, it was great at the time. But I could see where it would be blah for some seasoned veterans. Not a lot of challenges and only one or two spots where you could uncork a drive.

Short. Yes, I know this was also a pro. However, for people beyond newcomer status, I could see where the really small and compact distances could be annoying. But, I would say it would be a good place to practice some mid-range throws and/or putts.
Other Thoughts: As someone who had just started getting into this sport, I really enjoyed it. It was easy and quick. The terrain and layout wasn't all that challenging, which is enough to make newcomers want more.

If you are breaking in new people to the sport, this is the perfect course to take them to. The reason being they'll see baskets, have an easy walk, dodge a few obstacles and have the chance to do well. That makes people happy, which makes them want to play more. Then, hopefully, they'll want to keep playing and explore other courses and get better as they come along.

Overall, I liked the course. I'm glad I had the Empire State Pass as I wouldn't want to pay 7 bucks during the season to play the course. But if you are here doing other things or are close and can get in free, there are far worse things/places you could be.

Great Family Course

2-4    5/4/2010   5/17/2010
Review By: Chuck Cagle
Pros: Great for 1st timers and Familys getting there kids out on the course. Trees make hard shots for your short game even for pros
Cons: No place to let the big drive loose, very short course!
Other Thoughts: I liked the homade baskets they seemed to grab my frisbees when they got close.

Short, but sweet.

2-4    7/1/2005   12/1/2009
Review By: jonnieoh
Pros: Very short par 3, 9-hole course, makes it a great course to sharpen your short game and putting. For that reason, it is also a great beginner course, and/or for families. Well-maintained. It is tightly packed together, and can therefore be played very quickly. The course layout is quite fun, with challenging trees and open woods.
Cons: Too short at only 9 holes. Not many holes to let the big dogs fly, so to speak, (meaning no need for full-power big drives).
Other Thoughts: This is a fun course, at a spectacular state park, (which has tons of other fun things to do). Go to the park for the day, to go to the beach, go hiking or biking, and you can still squeeze in a round or two of disc golf very easily. This course is a great course to introduce your family to disc golf.

Nostalgic!

7/29/2000   11/27/2007
Review By: NIBSTOOLS
Pros: This is the first course installed in central NY, in 1977. It is short by today's standard but still is fun because of the trees and other obstacles.
Cons: Baskets are "old school" with only 9 outer chains. Makes putting a challenge. Especially longer putts. Gotta control that speed or they'll blow right through.
Other Thoughts: The club is planning on updating the course and making it 18 holes. and installing modern baskets. Got to cut through the red tape of the state parks though! Costs $7.00 to get in park so unless your in the park for other reasons I'd suggest going to Oxbow falls or Jamesville beach. They are Much more modern and challenging.