2 in Town
10 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. First off the course has been in for 3 months and its still pretty raw. The addition to a second course in the town of Redlands will hopefully thin some of the crowd at the other disc golf course in town (Ford Park).
2. The course has brand new Innova DisCatchers with the new 28 chain staggered system. Bright yellow bands make for high visibility on the course and easy to find.
3. Having a map makes following the course very easy and smooth.
4. Very little traffic in the evening after school during the week. Weekends are picking up slowly off of word of mouth.
5. There are a few trash cans around the course like on holes1, 2, 8, 9, and 7.
6. Bathrooms are located near hole 2 and at the park right next to the school.
7. Parking lot holds 40-50 cars by hole 1 and the street next to the parking lot allows for parking on it so there is always a ton of parking.
8. There are stores within walking distance of the course and plenty of fast food locations. So getting food and drink for your rounds isnt a problem.
9. On two different sections of the course there are drinking fountains. Near hole 2 and hole 7 at the ball field.
10. This course isnt quite a pitch and putt but more of a midrange course. Hole 9 is the only hole where I could see a driver being necessary.
11. Plenty of area to do a safary layout and a few of the locals do play safary rounds with cool mandatories every week.
12. Trees and palm trees have been planted in a few areas to make for shade in the future and also deflect discs from traveling into the buildings.
13. Course is well kept up at the school, mowed and raked weekly to look nicely manicured everytime you arrive. Grass is watered aswell and it rarely ever gets dusty. Sometimes dry, but the majority of the time the schools field and land is prestine.
Cons: 1. First big con is course signage. The course signs are being constructed by the school, in wood shop or something like that. Well its been a few months and no signs. They really need to get the signs up and installed.
2. Bathrooms are locked some of the times and that makes it very inconvenient to have to walk to the park next door to use the rest rooms.
3. Shade, there isnt any. This course will be fine in the winter and spring, but in the summer when its open most of the time, the sun will beat you down and drain you fast. Needs more shade, sure they planted trees, but still needs more in other areas.
4. Biggest flaw of the course is the layout. The layout just doesnt flow smoothly. You find yourself back tracking to much and walking a lot between holes. I hope in the future they decide to correct this.
5. The course feels and definitely plays more righty friendly. Definitely not a nuetral course unfortunately.
6. The school's buildings come into play on a few holes and get hit alot, plus on hole 8 its very easy to throw onto the roof of the school. Design is fun, just not safe.
7. Three holes play really close to the fence of the park and are easy to throw over and that makes for a long walk to get your disc if you decide not to climb over the 8-10 foot fence.
8. Teepads arent well defined or worked into the soil/grass in a few spots. They need to be marked better. 5 holes tee off from concrete that already existed and need to have spray painted markings until the course gets signs.
9. Course is closed during the week during school hours. So with daylight savings about to occur you will only be able to play on weekends pretty much.
10. A few of the other sports activities at the school can come into play and slow things down if there in use later in the day.
Other Thoughts: This course is a nice place to practice or play safary at. I would only come here to practice or play with the kids. Good distances for my young ones. I helped install the baskets here with a few others and was really excited to have another course in the area, just wish the layout was discussed more and we could of convinced the school for alternate pins that would of gave the course more eye appeal. Hopefully sometime this school year the teepads get defined and signs go up. Print the map and have fun.
10 of 10 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.