Springfield, MN
The Links of Springfield Share
Uploaded By: DerekTonn Hole #10 (Taken 9/2012)
3 / 272ft.   4 / 367ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #10 Pro Tee

Tough to Play for Amateur

1    9/29/2012   10/2/2012
Review By: 2and31guy
Pros: 18 Holes in Southwestern MN
Signage is really nice and pretty easy to follow
Baskets are clearly marked and will catch the discs.
Cons: A good amount of the front nine is literally right next to river, with a straight drop off bank.
Hopefully it will never happen, but if spring floods come, first 9 will lose a few holes.
A good throw might be 20 yards at this course for the majority of the holes. Anyone wanting to let loose with your discs will not like this course.
Other Thoughts: I want to first commend the City and Volunteers who have spent many hours and funds to put a 18 hole course in Springfield, MN. I wish I could rate this course higher than I did. I was very excited to play the newly designed course, but after the 2nd hole, I wish I would have went somewhere else. Holes 3 through 10 are dangerously close to river and unless you are a pro that never hits trees and knows exactly where your discs are headed, you will lose discs in the river. A simple bounce off the tree or a disc landing and rolling will be deposited into the Cottonwood river and hardly any way to retrive it.
I am imagining that this course is really made for the Pro and maybe it will bring them in. To grow the sport of Discgolf in SW Minnesota, I don't think the amatuer will want to play this more than once.