Willow Street, PA
Ship Rock DGC Share
Uploaded By: shiprockdiscgolf Hole #3

DNF but willing to go back

1    7/10/2016   7/13/2016
Review By: doyle
Pros: -Long holes to rip it
-Signage with distance
-Teepads were in good shape
-Technical holes to challenge
Cons: -Grass was overgrown, which led to:
-Flies, bees, wasps, insects everywhere
-Stinging nettle that lines the fairways and cramps the wooded areas, that stuff is no joke

Other Thoughts: -My wife and I came up here to play something other than our home course(s). We started playing and almost immediately after we stepped off the tee the swarming insects began their assail on us. I am not terribly bothered by it and I shrugged off her suggestion that the grass was too high, but ultimately she was right. Way too many insects to enjoy the round so we cut out after 5. Every step in the grass was kicking up what seemed like dozens of flying little

-The stinging nettle was out in abundance as well. Without realizing it, I walked right through a patch of it off of the bend on hole 1, looking for a disc that barely made the turn. Bad decision, as my legs were on fire for the next 4 holes. I played through it and tried to ignore it but it was pretty bad. I took notice of it on the next few holes we played before packing it in and took off for Buchmiller, which I am much more familiar with and was recently mowed and much less bug-gy.

These things are not the courses fault as much as mother nature just doing her thing, and I certainly can't give it a rating without finishing a full round, but for now I'm going to wait until fall to return and hope that it's a little more playable.