The disc golf course "Seilbahnberg" in Lengede is a small 9 hole course.
The small park is well used, has some nice obstacles and some mandos.
The area is used well even though the last 3 holes are a quick walk away from the other ones.
This park is really recommendable
for quick rounds or beginners/family.
It really is kinda small and probably not that much fun to play when there are many other players. Tees are to close to some baskets and many holes cross .
It isnt really challenging even though is has some mandos and an island.
Hole #8 reallly is a simple luckshot.
Lengede is a really good course for beginners etc.
or if you dont have much time to play.
For advanced players/pros i would recommend to visit other courses in that area first.
The park didnt seem to be well visited by others.
Too small to be good...
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: It's a course, it has baskets and the grass was cut.
Seriously now, the park was very well maintained, it is a nice setting with some statues and some old stuff from the mining past of this town.
Cons: Now, I'm sorry if the designer or whoever has something to do with this course reads this, but it is the way it is...
- the course was really not the best. There were holes crossing and tees near other holes and three baskets like 30-40' apart from each other. It seems either someone designed it who has not a lot of clue about discgolf, or that they just wanted to put 9 baskets in there and the space was not enough
- there is a pretty long walk from basket 6 to tee 7, only to find that holes 7 and 8 are only, and i mean only luck shots. Of course you can throw towards the direction of the basket, but even McBeth won't get to the basket on a consistant basis, even though they're just like 200-300' long. Not complaining because I messed the holes up, I hit an ace on the 8th, still son't think it's a fair hole
- you walk a long way from basket 9 to tee 1 which will make multiple rounds less attractive for players
- the tee of hole 4 was difficult to find
- remember to take a picture of the course plan or you won't find your way through the course. There are so may baskets and tees everywhere, and really no real line that you can see, just open field and a few trees around.
- ah, and by the way, there are mandos and an island on this course. remember to check on the course plan where that was, we actually missed that 5 was an island hole and had to play it again...
Other Thoughts: Honestly..? Don't go here unless you're staying at a friend's place in this town. If you driver here to play, I would recommend going to Salzgitter (for a very cool setting, still not soooo cool course) or even better: go to Ilseder Hütte. Certainly the best course around and a very beautiful setting on an old industrial place that has now become a park.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.