Boyertown, PA
Boyertown Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: sbleiler Hole #14 (Taken 6/2013)

Great Course

5+    9/6/2015   9/6/2015
Review By: Ktbauer
Pros: This a very well laid out course with great sight lines. Some nice wide open shits and some tighter ones as well. Poison ivy abounds but they spray it regularly so it isn't really an issue. Go early to play so you don't have as many people meandering around the course exercising and getting in your line of fire.
Cons: Only con is that it would be nice if it were a little longer.
Other Thoughts: Final thought is that it is a great course you'll love playing time and time again.

Easy, even for beginners.

2-4    7/3/2015   7/7/2015
Review By: The0ldMan
Pros: Fairly easy to follow layout. The middle holes involve just going up and down the same hill a few times but there's some good variety of left and right drives. There's a few wide open drives which are always nice after bouncing off a couple trees. Very fast course with short walks from pin to next tee. We typically play 2 games on most courses and that takes us 4-5 hours. We played 3 games here in less time. If you want to bring some friends for their first game, this is the easiest course I've played. For more experienced players, birdies will be very common.
Cons: Hole 17 can be a little tricky to find the first couple times you play through. And the walking paths can get crowded. There is a small creek running through the first half of the course. It's shallow enough that you won't get your feet wet even if you land right in the water, but the surrounding banks were a pretty soggy after some rain.

Poison ivy...everywhere, not everywhere, but a lot of it. There was a whole field of it to the right of hole 4 I think, and it was climbing up a lot of the trees. It looked like it had been sprayed recently and I didn't have any breakouts after even after trudging though a lot of it. If you're particularly sensitive to it, just be careful out there.
Other Thoughts: There is a really big swimming pool at the same park and some very nice playgrounds for kids. I think the pool was $10 for a day pass but we were there to throw discs. If you arrive and the parking lot is packed, most of them are probably there to swim. Even with a lot of golfers, most holes are short enough that you'll never have to wait long, and a lot of the holes have benches or other seating. A good amount of trash cans scattered around as well.

Home course #1

5+    11/3/2014   11/5/2014
Review By: Onenationunderpar
Pros: Excellent wooded course with great tees and baskets. Course has a great flow to it. Mostly technical mid range shots, some that benefit the flickers and others that traditional throwers will prefer. Park is maintained very well. Almost no brush to contend with as far as loosing discs. Hole 14 is the only one where that becomes a problem on the left side. Good course for beginners but yet challenging enough for pros to enjoy as well.
Cons: In fall the leaves become a huge problem with discs sliding under and becoming buried. Lots of foot traffic in the park so there are times you may have to wait as to not endanger other park goers.
Other Thoughts: This is my home course and is located not even 5 mins from my house. I've played this course when it was only a small nine hole and am very happy to see it progress and become bigger better and more followed by the pro league. I have hole #16 aced here that was documented by BDGC one night at there random draw dubs event! All the guys that go out to this weekly event are great people and fun to play with. Record round for me is a -9.

5+    8/11/2014   8/12/2014
Review By: Afropirg
This review was updated on 9/17/2014
Pros: - New player friendly course.
- Mix of open and tunnel shots
- Easy to get around, next holes clearly marked
- You can see all the baskets from the tee box. You may have to move around a bit from side to side to clearly see them
- Hard to loose a disc
Cons: - Bring bug spray. They can get pretty bad
- Experienced players looking for long drives and a very difficult course will be disappointed
Other Thoughts: Not really a con, its in a community park. Their is a playground off to the right of tee box 1 and their is a path that goes throughout the course so you will get some heavy traffic on weekends and week day nights.

The course is very well maintained. Their is a creek that runs throughout the park that can come into play on a few of the holes.

I work within walking distance and usually play 18 at lunch. I can complete this course in about an hour,

UPDATE 9/17/2014

I saw a post in Boyertown Disc Golf Club's facebook page that they are proposing to extend the tee boxes and have alternate pin placement. If this goes through, this will take this very good course to a great course.

Love it

5+    8/5/2014   8/5/2014
Review By: Ibuyen
Pros: Easy for new comers.
Not much of a hike around the whole course.
Hard to lose a disc
Cons: Traffic of people
Low tree branches
Other Thoughts: I live five mins away, I try to play almost everyday. It's fun and easy.
Parking is easier by the side of the one baseball field in the front.

Tight technical course

1    10/6/2013   10/7/2013
Review By: Red Pastrami
Pros: Tee signs are great, and accurate. You can see every basket from the tee, or by stepping a few feet to either side. Short, and technical. A great course for brushing up on your "short" game. With most holes in the 250 - 350 foot range, the longest being 364 feet. It's a nice change of pace from the 600 - 900 foot monsters that seem to be popping up everywhere.
Cons: 2 minor issues.

1). The tee boxes are short. To short to properly step into your throw. Since the course Is on the shorter side this isn't as much of an issue. There are few times when you really need to rip a shot off.

2). The park is a hoppin place. This only comes into play on a few holes, but the park is crowded. Since the course is rather new the park goers unknowingly wander into play. Mostly little kids. Just be careful, and sure your path is clear before throwing.
Other Thoughts: I've been playing disc golf with my dad for as long as I can remember. He was involved in building my local course before I was born. I was sad to see it redesigned a few years ago. The course at Boyertown Park is the closest thing to the course I grew up on I've found. It's a short technical course that with a little practice you could consistently throw under par. To make it better it's in my home town. People used to look at me like I was crazy when I tried to explain the game.

"So your tellin me. You walk around in the woods, throwing a little frisbee into a basket? And that's fun to you?"

Now there's a course in their backyard. I saw at least 7 other groups out playing and many had their kids with them. It's great to have seen the sport grow since I was a kid, and now seeing the next generation out playing the game.

I really enjoyed this course, and will be heading back out with my dad and a few others next Sunday, and many more Sundays after that. So if you're in the area, stop by and have a toss.

Worth the trip

5+    8/17/2013   8/18/2013
Review By: wmjar
Pros: Signage, easy to find next tee box, very little chance of losing discs. The list goes on and on. The course is in a very nice town park that is easy to find even if you dont know the area well. Good mix of tight shots and open shots
Cons: The only problems with Boyertown are minor. The park esp on weekend can be crowded with picnicers, birthday parties and other events that the park is used for. Thus makes some shots dangerous and depending on when you go, skipping a hole may be the best choice. I've played only in the Summer so in other seasons, should not be a problem. Big time players may find this course to be easy, but great for beginners to advanced ametures.
Other Thoughts: Making a 45 minute drive here, for me is well worth it.

Very Nice Course

1    6/23/2013   6/28/2013
Review By: kafbucks
Pros: This course is amazing and has a little bit of everything. From wide open fairways, to the middle of the wood, to over water. The disc golf course is very well maintained, and on each of the hole signs they show you the direction to go to the next tee, so navigating through the course was really easy, follow the walking path to find hole one and after that you'll have no problems.
Cons: Not too many cons, but the parking lot was packed when I went, but that was because they had a swim meet going on, however there was better parking close to hole 17, which would be a better choice to park.
Other Thoughts: Overall this course is fantastic, and I'm glad I found out about this one because I was using French Creek before which is a good course, but no variety there. This course a little bit of everything, but it's not rediculously challenging either. It's the perfect balance which will get me to come back and do it again despite the tight parking.