Boyertown, PA
Boyertown Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: sbleiler Hole #8 (Taken 6/2013)
3 / 284ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Tight technical course

1    10/6/2013   10/7/2013
Review By: Red Pastrami
Pros: Tee signs are great, and accurate. You can see every basket from the tee, or by stepping a few feet to either side. Short, and technical. A great course for brushing up on your "short" game. With most holes in the 250 - 350 foot range, the longest being 364 feet. It's a nice change of pace from the 600 - 900 foot monsters that seem to be popping up everywhere.
Cons: 2 minor issues.

1). The tee boxes are short. To short to properly step into your throw. Since the course Is on the shorter side this isn't as much of an issue. There are few times when you really need to rip a shot off.

2). The park is a hoppin place. This only comes into play on a few holes, but the park is crowded. Since the course is rather new the park goers unknowingly wander into play. Mostly little kids. Just be careful, and sure your path is clear before throwing.
Other Thoughts: I've been playing disc golf with my dad for as long as I can remember. He was involved in building my local course before I was born. I was sad to see it redesigned a few years ago. The course at Boyertown Park is the closest thing to the course I grew up on I've found. It's a short technical course that with a little practice you could consistently throw under par. To make it better it's in my home town. People used to look at me like I was crazy when I tried to explain the game.

"So your tellin me. You walk around in the woods, throwing a little frisbee into a basket? And that's fun to you?"

Now there's a course in their backyard. I saw at least 7 other groups out playing and many had their kids with them. It's great to have seen the sport grow since I was a kid, and now seeing the next generation out playing the game.

I really enjoyed this course, and will be heading back out with my dad and a few others next Sunday, and many more Sundays after that. So if you're in the area, stop by and have a toss.

Worth the trip

5+    8/17/2013   8/18/2013
Review By: wmjar
Pros: Signage, easy to find next tee box, very little chance of losing discs. The list goes on and on. The course is in a very nice town park that is easy to find even if you dont know the area well. Good mix of tight shots and open shots
Cons: The only problems with Boyertown are minor. The park esp on weekend can be crowded with picnicers, birthday parties and other events that the park is used for. Thus makes some shots dangerous and depending on when you go, skipping a hole may be the best choice. I've played only in the Summer so in other seasons, should not be a problem. Big time players may find this course to be easy, but great for beginners to advanced ametures.
Other Thoughts: Making a 45 minute drive here, for me is well worth it.

Very Nice Course

1    6/23/2013   6/28/2013
Review By: kafbucks
Pros: This course is amazing and has a little bit of everything. From wide open fairways, to the middle of the wood, to over water. The disc golf course is very well maintained, and on each of the hole signs they show you the direction to go to the next tee, so navigating through the course was really easy, follow the walking path to find hole one and after that you'll have no problems.
Cons: Not too many cons, but the parking lot was packed when I went, but that was because they had a swim meet going on, however there was better parking close to hole 17, which would be a better choice to park.
Other Thoughts: Overall this course is fantastic, and I'm glad I found out about this one because I was using French Creek before which is a good course, but no variety there. This course a little bit of everything, but it's not rediculously challenging either. It's the perfect balance which will get me to come back and do it again despite the tight parking.