a little love
2 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: -I liked the shots on #2 & 3 - the topography made them unique.
- the course map makes play much easier.
- this type of industrial landscape exists on countless acres and the course seems compatible with the landscape.needs
- abundant parking
- very open, the wind will be part of your game
Cons: - baskets and tees are in poor repair
- #4 & 5 have potential for throwing into busy road
- #4 tee appears to be missing
- chains catch OK, but baskets will allow discs to fall through
- very open, the wind is a factor
Other Thoughts: This course really needs some love. The needed repairs could be performed fairly easily and inexpensively. Some of the tee boards need replacement, all could use bright paint. Pliers and some S-hooks should fix the chains, the baskets just need some wire and they will hold discs. Being from out of town, I found this course easy to find and fun to play. It was single digit temps and a moderate wind when I played and I really enjoyed throwing here.
I thought the course was especially cool because of the location in an industrial setting. This isn't a championship course, but it is a unique opportunity to play in a landscape that you have probably never considered as recreational.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Easy and unnavigable
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: - Fairly quiet course, good chance you will be the only one there.
-well mowed and maintained
Cons: - tee markers are simply boards, most missing their metal numbers, and all extremely hard to locate. Since they are dug into the ground they do not protrude past the well mowed grass.
- The baskets are in very poor shape, rusted and poor craftsmanship. The bottom of the basket allows all standard discs to slip through the gaps, and the top of the chains are attached by hooks on the inside of the upper rim, this setup allows for the chains to easily fall out of place, and dangle.
- Most of the holes are fairly uncreative and either to short or a bore to play.
Other Thoughts: This course has good intentions and I tip my hat to the people that made it happen. With a few minor cosmetic changes (better tee posts and securing basket chains) I would award another 1/2 disc to the rating.
This course seems to be simply outdated however it may be useful to practice shorter approach shots and putting amongst smaller trees and bushes. You do not have to worry about walking through tall weeds and eaten alive by bugs.
I am in the process of creating a short course map with the tees and baskets I was able to locate while playing. Please look for that, as it may make this course a bit more enjoyable if you are not forced to search for the hidden tees as I was, although it may be even better if you create your own tees to add a bit of challenge.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: -Short - helps work on those long approach type shots
-Nice big open field to work on drives
-Not too busy
Cons: -Basket chains don't like to stay hooked up
-Tee pads (wood planks on the ground mark) are difficult to find
-Roads can come into play on a couple of holes
-One hole crosses a driveway entrance into the business
-Roads have drains near the fairway path (don't miss)
Other Thoughts: Not necessarily a course that will challenge you, but is a good place to go work on your short game. Not worth driving in from out of town.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.