Charlotte, NC
Reedy Creek Park Share
Hole #2 Tee (Stout Layout)

My New Favorite!

1    7/24/2011   7/25/2011
Review By: wkelly42
Pros: The park itself is outstanding, with a lot of amenities to offer to the folks you drag with you ;-) Even with all the non-DG traffic, though, once you're on the course you don't really see anyone but golfers.

The layout is great, with multiple tee and basket positions on many holes. Tee pads are great too -- I played immediately after a downpour, and the pads weren't that slick at all.

The course is a challenge for newer players, with decent distance and elevation changes. Plenty of trees, but nothing I really considered a 'poke and hope' hole (though #6 comes close!). Just make sure you hit your lines, because otherwise you're in for a LONG day.

Plenty of friendly locals who are willing to help you find alternate tee pads or let you know where the next hole is (#14, I'm talking about you -- see below). I also love the fact that the course returns to the parking lot after 9 -- I wish more DG courses would do this.
Cons: Had a bit of trouble figuring out where to go after finishing on 13 -- could use a Next Tee sign here, and pointing the way to #10 as well (one path off 9 goes to 10, the other back to the parking lot).

Be careful when you leave 5 headed for 6 -- you may end up walking out in front of someone trying to throw their drive on 6. I had no idea where i was going, and interrupted a group playing doubles in front of me (sorry, guys!).
Course gets pretty muddy after a rain, even a short-ish rain can make some fairways a bit mucky.

I honestly can't think of too many cons for this course. Just go play it!
Other Thoughts: Spent the weekend in Charlotte, but had time for only one round of DG, so I'm glad I made it to Reedy. The course is well-maintained and easy to navigate. I had a blast, and will DEFINITELY be back!