Lakeville, MN
New Market DGC Share
Uploaded By: Steve West Hole #2 (Taken 9/2012)
3 / 189ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Gilded

2-4    6/10/2013   6/12/2013
Review By: andycrenshaw
Pros: The course itself is located in a beautiful backroads location completely secluded from everyone. As soon as you drive up to the course you'll think about how nice everything is and hole 1(on top of the mound) is so much different than all the other courses. Unfortunately, this impression gets interrupted.

-Looks great
-Few, if any, other players
-Unique Terrain
-Quality Baskets
-For beginner-amateur players
-Driving variety (Forehand+Backhand+Tomahawk)
Cons: So while everything looks great and is created well, the New Market DGC has some EXTREME DOWNFALLS.

Hole 3, you have one of the farthest holes on the course (270ft?). The fairway is cut nice and neat so my friends and I try our best to stay on it. But we're not the best so of course it deviates and our discs all land up in the Long grass next to the cut fairway. The grass itself is itchy and weedy, so we try pulling our discs out as fast as possible. As we return to the fairway, one of us realizes they have a wood tick on them. And so begins the endless search of wood ticks on our legs, arms, etc.

-Wood Ticks are everywhere and in high quantity
-Poisonous plants in the long grass
-Water Hazard hole is too risky and if you throw your disc in there DO NOT GO IN THERE TO GET IT. LEECHES AND SEWAGE WATER INTAKE ARE NOT WORTH RETRIEVING YOUR DISC FOR.
-Long grass also takes forever to find discs(on top of the ticks and poisonous weeds)
-Some long holes and the tee setup can be a little confusing
Other Thoughts: If the owner of the course is reading this-
You have made a spectacular course, but you need to handle all the weeds, long grass, wood ticks, and purify the pond on the water hazard hole.

If you are a typical Kenwood or Alimagnet player looking for something new- do not play this course until the wildlife has been dealt with.

A Solid hometown course

2-4    11/21/2012   11/21/2012
Review By: MNthrow
Pros: This course is a great 12 basket short course. It is a good mix of uphill, downhill, left, right, hazards and technical set ups.

The walk out to the 1st tee has an open field that you can warm up your arm a bit. The course flows nicely from the one tee to the next.

Fairways are nice and short, baskets are brand new and great wood-chipping at the pins.

No bomber holes but you have to be technical for much of the course and set up your shot and play the turns correctly.
Cons: It's a great course that has the usual new course issues. No trash cans, no permanent tees, no distance markers at the tee's, only single tee'd.

After it has been up for a while I'm sure these will corrected and added. when this happens it will be 3.5 maybe 4 rating.
Other Thoughts: The course itself isn't playing right nest to other recreation uses like basketball courts so you shouldn't have much issue with people in the way. Maybe a random person walking with a dog but they usually try to avoid you. Get out to it if you can.

Baby, Baby, Bryant

2-4    9/6/2012   9/6/2012
Review By: djschnabel
Pros: 12 hole course playing up and down hills, around trees with a small variety of distances. Think Bryant Lake but much, much shorter, which I rated higher because it makes the course beginner and family friendly, but it still has the fun factor for those of us who really enjoy playing too much.
Cons: The tee pads I hope are a work in progress. They are simply fence posts tapped slightly into the ground, but they stick out 5-6 feet. Pick a side and let 'er rip.

I did see horse tracks on a few holes, stay away from the steaming piles...

No trash cans. Natural tee pads.

Tall hill on hole one. Wha, wha, I know, but it doesn't fit. I see a staircase being built in the future.

The rough is rough. If you land two feet off of the 15-20 foot wide fairway, you might lose a disc. I spent way too much time looking for decent (not perfect) shots.

I saw a snake. I don't like snakes :/
Other Thoughts: Before you start, there is a large open field, about 300-350 before the hill where you tee off of for hole one. You can throw a couple of discs here to warm up, and you shouldn't have too much of a problem finding them as you begin your round.
Hole one is downhill.
Hole two is throw a small gap and up hill.
Hole three is a RHBH hyzer to the left. If you find the rough to the left it is a bit thick.
Hole four is a shorter RHBH hyzer left downhill.
Hole five is slightly uphill, I think it plays a bit longer than 363.
Hole six, the first Lefty or RHFH friendly hole!!!
Hole seven, straight ahead.
Hole eight, signature hole, 338 feet with the basket set up on a hill. I suppose lefty friendly, but the pond which runs pretty much the entire length of the hole can be imposing. Longer than the pond shot at Benton Beach (hole 12 I think=300') but much more easily reached than hole 15 at Hidden Lake in St. Augusta. Near the basket there is some shrubbery which could throw you disc into the drink.
Hole nine, a fun uphill shot, pretty steep climb.
Hole ten, another RHBH dream hyzer shot downhill.
Hole eleven, straight ahead, slightly downhill.
Hole twelve, give her a little more, but not much different than hole one, two, seven, nine, ten and eleven. That is the biggest issue here, but it plays nicely as a beginner friendly course akin to Wabun and the like, but with the added fun factor of elevation in play. I only planned on playing it once, but I had to give it a second go-around because it was an enjoyable round.