Bend, OR
Pine Nursery DGC Share
Uploaded By: llakeberg   (Taken 6/2014)

Can You Help Me Out Here?

1    6/2/2016   6/7/2016
Pros: Course is set next to Pine Nursery Park. The actual terrain is a scattered pine forest with a little elevation and lots of sagebrush and dirt.
The amenities are first class. Great big course map at the beginning (too bad it's for a 9 hole course). Nice big concrete tee pads, tee signs with two placements at each hole complete with sponsors. Nice DGA baskets with the red numbers.

For the holes I played, I like # 17. # 8 playing from the rocks was rather cool, also.
Cons: I was basically lost before I ever actually found the course. I needed to play this little 9 hole course and get on the road. Not being from Central Oregon, I don't have a clue which way is west so couldn't really follow the directions to the course. I drove to the far end of the parking lot and wandered around. SUGGESTION: Change course directions to this. Enter park and park in the corner of the first lot on the right.

Then I attempted to play the course. I didn't have anymore luck navigating the course then I did locating it. I did find the first tee (nice tee) and threw out to that yonder basket which I incorrectly assumed to be # 1. It's not, nor could I ever determine where # 1 basket actually is hiding. I then played (I think) 2-9, then ran into a sign that said # 14, AND I thought I was playing a 9 hole course. How about updating your DGCR information page to show that this is now a 18 hole course?

There was no way of determining which placement the basket was currently set in.
Other Thoughts: Very decent terrain for a course. Lousy directions on where to park. DGCR sheets need to be updated with clearer directions on where to park and the fact that this is now an 18 hole course. Awesome course sign is now obsolete. Navigation issues need to be addressed. This course has a ton of potential. It just needs to be unleashed!

As things stand now, I had a much more enjoyable round playing Hyser Pines in Sisters. This should be the more enjoyable course of the two.

1    2/8/2016   2/8/2016
Review By: troymarkedit
Pros: now has 18 holes, map link below.
enjoy the new holes without getting lost
Cons: lack of trash cans, disrespectful disc players are starting to litter

New Layout is Confusing - May Get Better

1    8/27/2015   8/29/2015
Review By: Bwatkins
Pros: Very long tee pads
A few unique pins (top of mound/guarded/etc)
Benches on most of the "Concrete 9" holes
Nice use of rocks & branches to mark fairway & OB
Cons: I couldn't find the first tee for 20 minutes on my visit out
Couldn't find the #9 tee at all
There were rubber pads to make the course 18 holes but I couldn't figure out the layout at all & the holes Aren't numbered correctly
Shots start to feel mundane (oh another shot into small shrubs & dirt, exciting)
Other Thoughts: The frustration of the layout here just killed my day. It was still a decent course & I had fun but there's nothing to bring me back here again.

Overall just a pretty standard course with nothing too exceptional or worth bragging about.

Nice course

2-4    6/24/2015   6/25/2015
Review By: dgyp
Pros: Nicely laid out with good challenge and some creativity. EASY to find discs in the sage. Great scenic park, almost private course on a Wednesday afternoon. Lots of work is reflected in quality of tees, paths, holes and benches.
Cons: Not a lot of tree cover and it was 90 when I played. There were only 9 holes setup, not the 2-baskets-per-tee the website says. There was an oddball "second" hole 2 setup near 7 which confused me and 2 or 3 random baskets in unmarked positions. Minor complaints and I'm sure the locals "get it".

1    11/27/2014   11/27/2014
Review By: ballardthedome
Pros: Great tee pads. Long enough for this 6'4" player to start from the back of the tee instead of off the tee.
Two baskets in place for each hole.
Very good use of the limited terrain and obstacles available.
Good signage with placements and distance for each basket.
Good overall flow to the course. Took a picture of the map at the start, but then never needed to refer to it to find the next tee.
Benches at almost every tee.
Love the high desert terrain.
Hole 9 tee within the rocks was very unique.
Cons: Very limited elevation change.
Pretty scarce trees and overall obstacles.
When the wind is blowing, it's really blowing!
Other Thoughts: This was the 51st course I've played in my year and a half of disc golfing.
Best 9 hole course I've ever played.
The two baskets on each hole means you can play through twice and actually play 18 "different" holes.

Great Terrain

1    3/31/2014   4/1/2014
Review By: powderdrop
Pros: Concrete Tee Pads, Descriptive Hole Signage, Easy to find Discs, Dry, Lots of Fun Terrain
Cons: None.
Other Thoughts: Take a picture of the course map that is posted at the front of the course with you or download and print it at home.

5+    4/10/2013   4/11/2013
Review By: bcamel
Pros: Great course in a great location (at least for us north bendites). Concrete tee pads. Multiple basket placements. Some big open shots. Number 9 has a pretty sick shot from the rocks.
Cons: No signage. Difficult to find first hole.
Other Thoughts: A must play in Bend Oregon. Great for that quick 9 hole game you need to get in before/after work.

Needs Work

1    2/24/2013   2/25/2013
Review By: SKizzUMATIK
Pros: Lots of parking, shooting out of tall rocks on hole 8 is very cool.
Cons: Impossible to find holes without a map or an experienced course user. Most holes are not very interesting, generally just straight shots with minimal obstacles. No tee pads at the moment (concrete pads rumored?).
Other Thoughts: There were a bunch of fellows chipping trees out around hole 5, so that tells me that there is work being done. But that does not necessarily mean work is being done to the <i>course</i>. With proper signage and tee pads this course will still only bump up to a 3 or a 3.5.

New Layout

1    10/20/2012   10/21/2012
Review By: WilsonSandersDavis
This review was updated on 11/14/2013
Pros: -New layout from original course.
-Addition of concrete tee pads, signs, and benches at every hole.
-Garbage cans.
-Cool shot from rocks on 9.
-Cleaner than the College.
Cons: -Holes are not very long, 250-350 ft.
-Not Much Elevation Change.

Other Thoughts: Overall fun course. Not to challenging but great to see the new layout, benches, tee pads & signs. It looks like more land for possible expansion. Really cool to see the updates to this course. I believe it is the top 9 hole course in central Oregon.