Course Extinct
Richland, WA
James Lawless Park Share
Uploaded By: chevis Hole #8 (Taken 8/2014)

Wild West Golfing

1    12/15/2013   12/16/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
Pros: *Wide variety of shots required.
*Good balance of distances and elevation changes.
*HUGE sagebrush (6-9' tall) makes for some interesting obstacles.
*New paving stone tee boxes and signs are a plus.
*Not crowded.
Cons: *HUGE sagebrush can also hide your discs.
*You will need spotters on some holes.
*A course map at hole 1 would have been helpful.
(I would print one before you go)
Other Thoughts: This course reminds me of Massacre Rocks State Park and Sister City (back 9) in the Pocatello, ID area. It is definitely not a groomed, grassy park setting, but that's what makes it cool experience. I like courses that make me think and this one does. I think I used almost every disc in my bag. I recommend dropping by if you're in the area.

Smells Great!

2-4    4/26/2013   4/27/2013
Review By: Dadio
This review was updated on 2/17/2015
Pros: This is a nice new course in the Tri-Cities, Wa area and a nice compliment to the other 2. This course plays along a hill behind Fred Meyer in Richland. There is a wide variety of holes with good use of the elevation available.

My favorite feature is the sage brush. While usually not much of an obstacle, the sage brush here is up to 6 feet tall and 8 across. There are a couple holes that require fairly accurate drives to a clearing or you're trying to throw out of tall brush. There are also a couple bands of trees that have holes play through or around along with some fairly straightforward up or down hill holes.
Signs are well done and placed but now are mostly knocked down.

Huge update, they have gone through and put in tee pads for all holes. Well framed and leveled pavers, don't know how old they are but look like they should hold up well. Makes this a MUCH nicer course to play.
Course is worn in enough that once started it is fairly easy to follow flow but printing a map is a good idea if not used to course navigation.
Cons: No course sign or hole sign on tee1, took some scouting to get started. Tee signs on other holes are present but down.
No garbage cans, bathrooms, benches, or other amenities of a more mature course yet but I expect to see these improvements as time goes on.
Other Thoughts: This is a very promising start to a course and I look forward to playing it more. When we were there the sage and wildflowers were blooming and it was the nicest smelling course I have played yet.
Will be hot in the summer with little shade so make sure to have water.

western course on a hill

5+    12/2/2013   4/4/2013
Review By: chevis
This review was updated on 12/5/2013
Pros: -heavy chained baskets w/#s on top
-tee signs & paver tee boxes
-good course design/flow. back & front 9 end in ~the same spot.
-mixture of holes with different shots needed. throwing the tunnel on 2 & 15 takes accuracy & you can throw full throttle on 7 (though I have put it over the fence on the far left once).
-elevation. fun to throw down from 9 & 13 and challenging to throw up on 10 & 14.
-mixture of short & long holes, though most are on the shorter side with the longest being 419ft.
-limited other park users & generally not crowded.
Cons: -no restrooms
-no maintenance
-limited shade (bring your water & sunscreen in the summer)
-no alt tees/baskets (yet)
-no onsite course map (use the one here)
Other Thoughts: I am really glad this course got installed in the city I live in, now I can ride my bike to play :). The course map found here shows 6 going out along the road, but it was changed & is now a real short uphiller (too bad, throwing along the road was a good pucker factor). The two short holes (<200ft-6&17) play uphill, but are still fairly easy (always nice to have birds on the scorecard). In the summer there is going to be a lot more foliage to contend with, so I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of looking for discs when everything is @ full growth. The course is a hike, so handicaped & baby strollers will have a tough time. Though it doesn't offer much senic beauty, it is an overall fun course that I get my best scores on compared to the other 2 courses in the tricities.
Enjoy the sagebrush.

Balanced Course

1    3/22/2013   3/22/2013
Review By: Jodabro
Pros: Every hole has a signature feel.
Both long and short holes.
Friendly to all skill levels.
No Water hazards to loose discs.
Great layout.
Calf workout.
Cons: No trash bins yet.
No bathrooms. (although lots of businesses near by)
Not really stroller friendly.
Could be hot in the summer, open areas may not be shaded well.
No cement pads yet.
Other Thoughts: Once trash bins and pads are in, I would move the rating up to a 4.5. I loved playing this course, and it has the rugged outdoor/hike feel I like in a course. The rec arms can compete with the big arms on a lot of holes, which I think is great for the sport to grow.