Richland, WA
James Lawless Park Share
Uploaded By: Jodabro Hole #2 (Taken 3/2013)
3 / 263ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Wild West Golfing

1    12/15/2013   12/16/2013
Review By: idahooldguy
Pros: *Wide variety of shots required.
*Good balance of distances and elevation changes.
*HUGE sagebrush (6-9' tall) makes for some interesting obstacles.
*New paving stone tee boxes and signs are a plus.
*Not crowded.
Cons: *HUGE sagebrush can also hide your discs.
*You will need spotters on some holes.
*A course map at hole 1 would have been helpful.
(I would print one before you go)
Other Thoughts: This course reminds me of Massacre Rocks State Park and Sister City (back 9) in the Pocatello, ID area. It is definitely not a groomed, grassy park setting, but that's what makes it cool experience. I like courses that make me think and this one does. I think I used almost every disc in my bag. I recommend dropping by if you're in the area.

western course on a hill

5+    12/2/2013   4/4/2013
Review By: chevis
This review was updated on 12/5/2013
Pros: -heavy chained baskets w/#s on top
-tee signs & paver tee boxes
-good course design/flow. back & front 9 end in ~the same spot.
-mixture of holes with different shots needed. throwing the tunnel on 2 & 15 takes accuracy & you can throw full throttle on 7 (though I have put it over the fence on the far left once).
-elevation. fun to throw down from 9 & 13 and challenging to throw up on 10 & 14.
-mixture of short & long holes, though most are on the shorter side with the longest being 419ft.
-limited other park users & generally not crowded.
Cons: -no restrooms
-no maintenance
-limited shade (bring your water & sunscreen in the summer)
-no alt tees/baskets (yet)
-no onsite course map (use the one here)
Other Thoughts: I am really glad this course got installed in the city I live in, now I can ride my bike to play :). The course map found here shows 6 going out along the road, but it was changed & is now a real short uphiller (too bad, throwing along the road was a good pucker factor). The two short holes (<200ft-6&17) play uphill, but are still fairly easy (always nice to have birds on the scorecard). In the summer there is going to be a lot more foliage to contend with, so I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of looking for discs when everything is @ full growth. The course is a hike, so handicaped & baby strollers will have a tough time. Though it doesn't offer much senic beauty, it is an overall fun course that I get my best scores on compared to the other 2 courses in the tricities.
Enjoy the sagebrush.

Balanced Course

1    3/22/2013   3/22/2013
Review By: Jodabro
Pros: Every hole has a signature feel.
Both long and short holes.
Friendly to all skill levels.
No Water hazards to loose discs.
Great layout.
Calf workout.
Cons: No trash bins yet.
No bathrooms. (although lots of businesses near by)
Not really stroller friendly.
Could be hot in the summer, open areas may not be shaded well.
No cement pads yet.
Other Thoughts: Once trash bins and pads are in, I would move the rating up to a 4.5. I loved playing this course, and it has the rugged outdoor/hike feel I like in a course. The rec arms can compete with the big arms on a lot of holes, which I think is great for the sport to grow.