Waupun, WI
WARP DGC Share
Uploaded By: roclover Hole #2 (Taken 6/2013)

Super 9 hole

2-4    10/26/2012   10/26/2012
Review By: Stardoggy
Pros: This is a great 9 hole course, one of the best I've played. I believe they took the 9 baskets from what was loosely called a course in town and applied them here. The layout is great, and I can only imagine it's even better when the leaves are on the trees. The Am tees aren't the toughest, but they are still interesting enough. My favorite holes were 2, 4, and 9. 2 is a 90degree dogleg right and takes a skillful shot to have a chance for birdie, even from the short tee. 4 is a really nice tunnel shot. 9 is a full U-turn that could easily be considered a par 4, even from the shorts. The tee pads are really nice trapezoid concrete, which are nearly identical to Tendik Park in Saukville (which is a good thing).
Cons: Obviously this is a very new course, as walkways aren't clearly defined as of yet. There is also no signage, so navigating your first round is a bit of a challenge. My main complaint, though, is that this is only 9 holes. I know there are space constraints with the nearby campground, but if they'd put in another 9, I'd drive the 45-50 mins quite often. If this were 18 holes of this quality, I'd probably give it a 4.5.
Other Thoughts: This is really a gorgeous spot. We got there, and there was a woodpile about 50ft to our right that had a large hawk sitting there watching us. Hole 4, we were standing on the tee and a deer came wandering out of the woods and right next to the basket. Freakin' awesome. We actually stopped here because Zobel was closed (our fault for not checking the site!!) and we were on our way to Beaver Dam. I will say we found an absolute gem, which will only get better.

Date: 11/6/2012 Designer Response by: Awol
Appreciate the review!

18 would be awesome, but we have some protected wetlands to the North, and the forest to the East is a natural area (See http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/Lands...ex.asp?SNA=51for more info)
We decided that doing 9 awesome holes was the best choice for the land we had to work with.