Adams, WI
Adams-Friendship High School Share

My last minute decision to play 1 more course

1    10/28/2012   12/5/2012
Pros: 1) This course is just another exposure of the game to more young people. I hope it brings people to learn to love the game as much as we all do.
2) Nice use of the edge of the woods on a handful of the basket locations. I wish some of the holes could have been completely set into the woods but understand why it wasn't done possibly.
3) This property has potential to be a really good course, one that not only beginner students would like but a course that even the better local players might come to play on occasion. There is a pond and there are plenty of woods that are underused from a disc golf standpoint.
4) Beginner friendly because it is virtually free of obstacles. The distance will challenge the beginners but that is the main part of the challenge on this course.
Cons: 1) As the course plays right now there just is not enough interest in the challenge or the use of the best features on this property.
2) There are no tees to indicate where to throw from which also leads to confusion on a couple of holes since you can see 2 or 3 baskets. I just threw basket to basket since there was no clearly worn area in the grass. It also made a couple of the holes really long.
3) #1 basket is completely out of the ground. I played until I hit the basket and called it good. I am not sure if it had been moved or if someone had just taken it out of the ground for no apparent reason. Either way it should get put back in the ground before it gets stolen.
4) Unavailable for play during school hours I assume. There also are some other sports fields that would interfere with this course at certain times.
5) Very flat property overall. There is maybe 10 vertical feet of elevation change and it is very subtle so it is hardly noticeable and will barely affect your throws.
6) No defined lines except for like 2 holes . . . just pick the line you want to throw and execute it. The options are endless when you have nothing in your way.
Other Thoughts: There isn't a lot to say about this course. It has outstanding potential if they used more of the key features on this property, but as it stands there just is not that much challenge or interest in the existing holes. Perhaps if tees were marked I would feel better since I just threw from basket to basket.