Morristown, TN
Rotary DGC Share
Uploaded By: Baysinger Hole #7 (Taken 9/2012)
4 / 400ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

Test your skills at Rotary!

5+    3/27/2014   4/2/2014
Review By: Baysinger
Pros: - Wooded holes, open holes, short holes, long holes, uphill drives, downhill drives... this course has got it all. This is a great course to test your course on. You can go from par to 5 over in a matter of 2 holes so this is a great course to up your skill level on.
- As in all Morristown courses, tee pads and signage are great.
- Close to two other nice 18 hole courses.
Cons: - If there is a soccer game going on.. you might as well call this 17 hole course. There is no way you can play hole 11 if a soccer game is going on unless you want to potentially peg someone with a disc because normally the croud will sit on the hill going up 11. Have seen a few people sitting along the other side of the soccer field going along hole 14 also but there is less of a chance of hitting someone there.
- Hole 7 and 8 seem like the pars should have been switched. 7 is a 400 ft par 4 with a slight uphill approach. Hole 8 on the other hand is a 375 ft par 3 with a much more steep uphill approach. What i am trying to say is that hole 8 seems to play a bit longer than 7 but par is one stroke less. All of the guys I play with seem to think the same about these two holes.
- Parking can sometimes be rough here because sometimes they keep the upper gates closed. Numerous times we have had to park at the baseball fields and walk up to the course. And if you get there real early (just after daylight) you may even have to pass up the park entrance and park at the church that is close by and walk down to the course. A lot of road trippers like to hit the courses early as to be able to play more holes in a day. I could see this being hell on someone from out of town to even find where the course starts. I know this is not a course design flaw but it is worth mentioning for anyone out of town who may hit this course.
Other Thoughts: My list of cons seems longer than the pros but don't get me wrong... this is a great course! I had to nit-pick to have a list of cons. As far as going to play a new course that you have never played before... this is a great one to hit! Definitely take the time to road trip to this course.. you will not be dissapointed. Also, course maps / brochures available at all times would be a great addition to all the Morristown courses. Out of towners would really appreciate it.

An Incomplete review

1    9/16/2012   9/16/2012
Review By: rodneyp
This review was updated on 11/7/2012
Pros: I must be upfront and say that I only played the first 10 holes. Navigation wasn't too bad and I generally enjoyed most holes. It started going bad on 10.
Cons: The major con is the unplayability of the back 9 when the soccer fields are in use. This completely ruined my view of this course. There seemed to be no thoughts as to the impact of soccer matches on the usability of the rest of the course. There is a tournament listed in a couple of weeks. This will be impossible to pull off if the soccer fields are in use. I definitely would have given a higher rating if not for the major problems with integration with other park guests.
Other Thoughts: H.B. Clark's other morristown courses are among my favorites. I just can't believe this problem occurred.
Updated 11/7/12. After a second attempt to play all 18 holes I have revised my rating to reflect the whole course. I still see potential for problems with others utilizing the facilities, steps have been taken to work on the problem. I was not a fan of 17, no discernible fairway through to the basket. I did however enjoy the rest of the back 9. Particular favorites were 11-13. Please give this course a try, it is worth the effort.