Duluth, MN
Lincoln Park DGC Share
Uploaded By: Charlie Deville Hole #9 (Taken 10/2014)

If I lived in Duluth, this would be my home course

1    9/3/2015   9/3/2015
Review By: danhyzer
Pros: Even though this course is tailored for the recreational player, I found some of the holes pretty challenging because of the precarious positions the baskets we're located.

I really enjoyed #1 . It started about where the playground is located, but on the other side of the river. One has to walk down a stretch to get to the 1st tee, but the hole was pretty intense considering the rushing river going over the waterfall to the right of the basket (about 50 feet away, but still in play for some)

#2 played uphill with a small creek to the left and another larger one to the right, with the basket in between them.

#3 The basket was bolted into a large rock-face with the river to the right. Short, but pretty challenging.

There was another hole, I'm thinking it was # 7 was also near the river that was pretty fun to play.
Cons: IMHO # 9 could of been reshaped to get the player either back up the hill or closer to hole # 1. As it was it was a little dump RHBH Hyzer shot over some high growth bushes and trees with the river close by. To me I seemed to walk a little ways to much to get to the tee from # 8's basket (which is in the baseball field up the hill from the playground) and then finishing the last hole then to walk back up the hill I just walked down.

Teeing off in the street for most of the course was odd, but there wasn't to much traffic. so it might be irrelevant.

Not enough park being utilized. I drove up the hill to turn around when I realized I went to far. Perhaps they could lengthen a few holes or add more baskets in the area to the right of the road going further up the hill??

Not a lot of parking.
Other Thoughts: If I lived in the city of Duluth, This would be my home course. as the other local courses we're either neglected (Miller Park, today when I played it the rough was brutal, knee high weeds in some places & muddy tee pads) or just not as challenging (Mn. Duluth University. IMHO).

Park looked pretty safe and was up kept, but the neighborhood looked kinda iffy

Working Man's Course

5+    5/22/2013   5/28/2013
Review By: Charlie Deville
Pros: Great course to play during your lunch break. Most of the tee boxes are drawn onto existing concrete trails so you have consistent footing.
Almost all the holes have several different angles of attack. Lots of great safari shots possible.
Cons: The tee box for #3 was destroyed in the flood, so there is a semi-permanent safari hole that uses the #7 basket. The course will be completed once the trail is repaired.
Other Thoughts: Watch out for park-goers and tweekers