1 Helpful / 2 Not
Finally a Manicured Course
Pros: -Manicured course, very well maintained when comparing it to the other courses in this area
-Drinking fountains and bathrooms!
-Some very challenging holes, there are two holes I am trying to wrap my head around still
Cons: -Yes the back 9 could use a little spicing up but it's not that bad
-No practice basket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Other Thoughts: I hope they plan on putting a practice basket in at some point because I hate no being able to warm up. You can use 18 if no one is on the hole but that's kind of lame.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Disc Golf comes to Perrysburg
Pros: - Brand new course in a park that has been just screaming for a course.
- Concrete tee pads and Mach 3 targets.
- Easy to navigate. No hole or distance signs yet but can see where they will be installed when finished.
- Good mix of shots and hole layouts, given what the park had to work with
- Great course for wide range of players. Course will test the limits of beginners, while appealing to vets that will have to use more than their standard shot to get around some obstacles.
- Clean course in a nice area. Wide open well landscaped park with other features to offer.
- Great use of limited terrain and features to get a respectable 18 hole course in a municipal park.
Cons: - Could use some more trashcans placed closer to tee pads in some areas. There are some near a few tee pads that are closer to shelter houses or pavilions, but could always use more.
- Some holes play rather close to the large running track that winds around the large open field in the park, though given the space they had to work with this is probably unavoidable. Players need to use common sense and a bit of caution to avoid plunking runners. Same for the playground.
- Back 9 holes are mostly short and wide open and can get monotonous compared to the front nine which used large standing trees and shrubs to introduce a challenge to the holes. A few well placed trees and shrubs could easily fix this though.
Other Thoughts: - Designers did an excellent job with what they had to work with. Defiantly room for improvement and growth of the course once it breaks in a little. Could add some flavor to the back 9 holes eventually with a few strategically placed trees and shrubs, to break of the "vanilla" fell of the holes currently.
- Great to see a healthy interest in Disc Golf in the NW Ohio culminate in another badly needed course.
- Overall, it's a very nice course that will appeal to most players. Big arm players may not find as much thrill in this course as its rather short compared to other courses in the region, but it's a welcome addition none the less.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
New Course to NW Ohio
Pros: Brand new and badly needed course to NW Ohio. This is a "City Park" style course that wraps clockwise around the perimeter of the park.
-Clean well manicured park. Although if some trash cans aren't installed I can see that changing as DG'ers aren't really known for packing out their litter. Keep it clean people!
-New tee pads and chain disc catchers.
-Good mix of holes required different types of throws.
-Variety of long and short holes.
-Easy to navigate even without a map.
Cons: -Can get windy (I know there is nothing that one can do about this, but it still sucks).
-The three longer holes (7,9,and 12 I believe) are just out in the open field. There is no trouble to get into whatsoever, making for some pretty bland holes. A few trees/bushes would easily remedy this.
-There's a possibility to hit people using the track on the interior of the park on a couple of holes.
-Lack of water and elevation (again nothing one can do about this).
Other Thoughts: Understandably there are budgetary limitations to what the designers could do with the park (as well as geographical). With that being said, if money were not a constraint I think this course could easily be improved some with a few well placed bushes and trees. In addition, secondary pin placements could add a lot of variety.
All in all the designers did a great job carving an 18 hole disc golf course out of a municipal park in the heart of Pburg. Well done.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.