5 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. First off the course has parking in a few areas.
2. Bathrooms are located in a few spots and pretty close to holes 28 and 12.
3. Hole 1 tees off from the course caretakers Campsite.
4. Many of the homemade baskets are done really well and have over 20 chains.
5. There is elevations on a quarter on the holes.
6. Many holes require pin point accuracy.
7. Camp store on site has food and drinks.
8. Multiple other activities to take advantage on the KOA.
9. 2 short top of the world holes are very appealing.
10. Course doesnt have traffic on it, so you will most likely be the only one playing it.
Cons: 1. This course needs more maintenance, overgrown in many areas.
2. A lot of crossing fairways
3. Multiple baskets are used many times more then once.
4. Lots of blind shots and bleek fairways to deal with. really requires you to be creative when playing here.
5. Course is not kid friendly, requires well seasoned players
6. Course has you going in figure 8's and theres a lot of hiking.
7. The dirt tee pads are hard to throw from at times.
8. Many teepads are to close to baskets.
9. Some teepads have multiple baskets in view or in the fairway and can be confusing.
10. Even in the summer I recommend wearing pants with the high grass and brush.
11. The drive to this course is very secluded and a ways from anyother place. Its not over bearing, but for 32 holes its worth the play.
Other Thoughts: You need to take the map with you. When I played this course I showed up and thought it would be a few holes or a nine hole course and soon discovered it was a mammoth 32 hole layout that was tough to descipher without a map. Alot of the baskets have a note attached telling you where to go for a map if you show up. The course is managed by a local resident and only groomed 1-2 times a year so a lot of the holes require huge spike hyzers or thumbers/tomahawks to get over to the basket. From the orginal layout it seemed alot of the paths had closed up or the course isn't played enough to keep the alley ways open. You need to come play this course with a group or a few people to help spot. Half the course has blind shots to deal with. I would play it again since I figured it out and would be more prepared. All in all its nice to have another course in the area to play and enjoy.
5 of 5 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.