9 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: 1. The course is well maintained, ie the grass is cut and watered weekly. The field is smoked out quarterly to get rid of bugs and other insects.
2. The course has 7 rubber tee pads and 2 concrete pads.
3. The DGA Mach baskets are all nice and taken care of.
4. The layout is challenging, there are no easy birdies, plus a few long shots and one over 400 feet with OB to the right.
5. Most baskets are well protected with trees or bushes or fences near by to add to the challenge of just getting onto the green.
6. The landscapes really cool because you could be aging while aircraft are taking off just in the distance at the airwing.
7. Course is easy to locate and can be seen from the local highway.
8. There is plenty of parking and security near by.
Cons: 1. It's a bummer that u need a military ID to get on the facility or know someone to get you on the course.
2. There are no trash cans on the course so you have to pack your trash out or carry it to a dumpster off the course about a 100 yards.
3. There were no visible bathrooms at the course.
4. I didn't see hole distances on all the holes, so the tee signs were lacking vital information.
5. The course has a few crossing fairways, but won't effect you that much since the course doesn't get that much traffic.
6. Sprinklers come on early in the day so if you show up for a sunrise round expect some dew and wet grass out there.
7. If you go OB on hole 3 over the baseball field it's a long walk to go around and recover your disc.
Other Thoughts: The area is really nice since your near the beach and the area stays really cool most the year so I would suggest playing an afternoon round and then hanging out at the beach. The facility seemed really uptight when I called to inquire about getting in, so try and get a local military friend to take you or if you can't it's going to be tough to get in. I actually liked the courses layout since it was a tough and challenging layout where no holes were gimmies. If your stationed here play it, but there are plenty of other options near by to choose from.
9 of 9 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.