1 Helpful / 0 Not
Aesthetic-- plays through woods at a large park in the suburbs. most areas seem relatively DG exclusive but I'm sure walkers could intermingle.
Teesigns-- where there are teesigns they are reasonable. the signs have hangers on them for your bag.
Signature hole-- #2, for what it's worth, is a nice hole. huge carry over the water with nasty lanes to the pin.
Challenge-- #2 and #3 and #8 use the water effectively. other than that the rough is the only challenge here.
ROUTING-- in big capital letters. the walk from 1 to 2 is rediculous. I mean straight REDIC... it would be SO MUCH better to start the course on the OTHER side of the lake rather than having one hole on the front and other side of the lake with a huge walk between. the Next Tee signs are nice but don't really help with the walks between 3 and 4 and 4 and 5...The maps that are on the kiosk are barely legible through the foggy glass.
teepads-- it's odd, there is sort of a teepad for #2 in the corner of the parking lot but other than that there are natural teepads only. it's very hard to find the 2nd tees for many holes. it would help to have next tee signs similar to mason county where they show the color of the tee you're heading towards.
Uninspired-- the majority of this course is very uninspired and boring. I don't know who planned and designed this course but it's boring.
Just not a good course. Didn't care at all for the routing. the water holes were the only bright spots.
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
6 Helpful / 0 Not
Not my cup of tea
Pros: • Individual holes play pretty well, and most are challenging.
• Dual tees provide more/less challenge depending on what suits you.
• Tee signs with clever names for holes (adds a nice touch), distance, and hole layout showing both tees. Pegs to hang bags.
• Next tee signs in a few spots
• Not much traffic = no waiting for other players.
• Signature Hole 2
• Pleasant, suburban city park with plenty of amenities, including snack bar and restrooms, ice rinks, ball fields - fairly well insulated from other park visitors, but not completely.
• Good use limited elevation where available. Decent use of small chunk of park property that would otherwise not be used.
Cons: • Flow is abysmal and navigation is tough to follow for the uninitiated - makes it hard to get a rhythm going. Easy to get confused after 3 and after 4.
• Chance of hitting a car on 1st hole (a slim, but definite possibility).
• Could have made better use of water:
• I love throwing over water, but signature hole 2 is a bit ridiculous IMO: 452' total, but it's about 400' to carry the water, with essentially no way to lay-up (although it plays a bit downhill from the long tee for a bit of help).
• Nasty water hidden behind basket 3, close to the basket on a downhill ... bad.
• Low traffic means paths to next hole aren't as well-worn as other busier courses - tough to follow peak season when growth is thick.
• Long walk to 2nd hole, somewhat long to 4 and then 5. Very long walk after 9 back to 1st tee or parking.
• More frustrating than fun.
Other Thoughts: I try to be objective, but honestly, I just don't care for this course. Despite what they got right (some decent holes and clean park, signs) I simply don't enjoy playing here that much. I prefer tight, technical courses to open bomber courses, but this course really makes you pay for leaving the fairway, and seemsto be lacking any real "fun factor." Water carry on hole 2 is unfriendly, and hidden water on 3 is rude.
I realize the layout tries to make the best use of the available land, and given the plot of land, they made some decent holes, but the flow sucks and they could have made things a bit more accommodating. A well laid-out niner 9 leads back to 1 and parking so you can play a quick 18 and get going - not the case here. It's at least a 1200' walk back to 1st tee. Only worth it if you need to kill time while your kid's at hockey practice. They tried, but fell short. OK if you live in the immediate area, but not worth a drive from a different part of town. Do yourself a favore and play Cass Benton Hills instead.
6 of 6 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 0 Not
I don't know how to feel about this course...
Pros: - Dual Tees
- Challenging for a 9-hole
Cons: - Ridiculously overgrown plant life
- Heavily wooded is an understatement
- The "bridge" to 9
- Finding 2 after finishing 1 could be confusing for someone without a guide.
- A freak shot on 3 could find it's way onto the baseball diamond.
- Lack of signage on some holes.
Other Thoughts: Played from Pro tees.
Don't overthrow on 8 or you'll find yourself in the stream.
The first three holes are deceiving. I was one under when I reached 4. That's when the tree magnet turned on. Now, I can appreciate obstacles, but there's obstacles and then there's overgrown. This was overgrown. Saplings and thorn bushes were everywhere.
Shooting from the pro tee on 4 is insane. You are literally threading the needle. Your throw has to be perfect because of all the plant life that has found its way onto the fairway.
Hole 9 was a mess. I have never had to climb over so many fallen trees before.
This course has some great potential. It just needs a little bit of landscaping. I'll come back later in the fall when all the plants have died.
2 of 2 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Discraft Baskets! Sun was shinning,
Cons: Very Hard to locate the holes even with a score card that showed the map of the course. No Tee pads to speak of, dirt and not very easily located. Course was not designed with new players in mind. I would only recommend playing some of the holes with a spotter!!! But only if you want to keep your discs.
Other Thoughts: The park is very nice and has alot of potential. There is a new skateboard park located where the original pratice basket was. Fairways are in need of being cleaned up. (trees trimmed and removed. Very little traffic most likely due to condition of the course.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.