Sevierville, TN
Camp Smoky Christian Retreat DGC Share
Uploaded By: snappyfingers Hole #1
3 / -- Par / Distance:

Best course design in the area

1    7/22/2014   7/28/2014
Review By: KNIGHT
Pros: -Great use of elevation
-Flow was easy and went very easy from each basket to the next tee.
-New and well taken care of baskets
-Not only did they use the elevation to make the course harder in most cases they were set up to induce the roll, which in my opinion is the most frustrating thing in DG and made me thing through every shot.
-Great signage on each tee
-Church camp and its staff were very helpful and very nice when my group and myself called and asked to play.
Cons: -No tee pads is the most obvious here, but this has to be taken into consideration that this is owned and operated by a summer camp.
-No distances marked on the tee markers
-One holy I think it was 6, had a bit of an unrealistic line. At least I haven't seen a disc that could do it, but ill leave that up to people better than I.
Other Thoughts: -Awesome group of people that ran it, only talked on the phone once before arriving and were very welcoming.
-If you really want to play this course, call ahead of time and ask them when it would be good for you to be able to play it. Dont try to fit it into your schedule fit it into theirs, they are running a camp through the summer and seemed to be having activities most of the time. I played in a break between two camps so that I wasn't in the way of their operations.