Paducah , KY
Midtown Golf Complex Share
Uploaded By: johnogorrell   (Taken 6/2012)
View looking out over course from hole #1, before baskets were placed

Very Minimal

1    5/29/2013   5/30/2013
Review By: DGfan68
Pros: Being from out of state and taking 2 hours to get here, I will try my best to present a "non-local" perspective.
The positives are:
1. Since the Boys and Girls Club share the small parking lot to this "park", it offers those kids an opportunity to be exposed to Disc Golf in a VERY basic and minimalistic way.
2. It is a good location for locals to come and practice their basic game.
3. Basic Tee signs at each Blue Tee.
Cons: The Cons are:
1. Difficult to find for out of towners. I used the address given in my GPS and it took me 6 blocks away. I stopped three times to ask for directions and no one could tell me where it was. We drove around for hour to find it and when we pulled up all three of us said the same thing, not good.
2. Seeing that the course is so minimalistic, it may appear to be too boring to those exploring the sport.
3. The current course layout does not match the map provided.
4. Contrary to other reviewer, it has grass Tee pads, NOT concrete.
5. Grass was tall with ticks.
6. Some of the out of bounds areas do not allow you to retrieve your discs.
7. The holes are laid out in a tight pattern so you have to be very mindful of others playing near you.
8. This is also a BALL Golf Practice course with both the Ball and Disc elements utilizing the same Tee pads and fairways. If someone is there with Golf Balls-look out!
9. The park is tucked away in an area we didn't feel comfortable in.
10. No real shade on the course for sunny hot weather. No bathrooms, water, or trash cans.
Other Thoughts: I really don't mean to sound like I'm bashing this "course", but if you are from out of town; I would not recommend spending the effort on this location. Again, I see it as a practice field for locals.
Paducah does have another course in Stuart Nelson Park that is really well done (unless it's wet). I would definitely say it is worth your time. We really enjoyed it.

I only gave this a 1.5 rating due to it having some sort of Tee signage; I think it should be lower.