Rock Hill, SC
Uploaded By: snoogenz569 Hole #8

Just don't do it

1    10/9/2011   10/13/2011
Review By: thebuckeyeguy
Pros: Not a bad course as far as the layout; I think that the last reviewer did it justice. There is a great mix of elevation and left/right turns, the baskets are in good placements, and the trees are used strategically.
Cons: It's just too sketchy. I won't go into the rumors that circulate since I haven't witnessed them, but some places just aren't really safe to play disc golf. You cannot picture the amount of broken glass on this course. The rough is FILLED with litter, which brings nasty bugs and mosquitos. We were told by a local that the stream that goes through the course is known as "poop creek". I had the unfortunate luck of tossing into this stagnant, diseased creek, and nearly left my disc behind.
Other Thoughts: I love the diversity that disc golf brings to the table. I love the idea of putting baskets all over creation. Simply put, this is not a safe location. I'm not going to go into any details regarding the local non-disc golfers, but on one occasion my buddy and I sincerely felt threatened. My advice to non-area discers: just go somewhere else; there are so many nice courses around; and if you must go, do not go alone. My advice to the locals: move your baskets to a new park.