Douglas, OR
Camas Valley School DGC Share

School Course With No Signs Or Tee Pads!

1    5/29/2014   5/29/2014
This review was updated on 5/31/2014
Pros: I found 9 baskets scattered about the football field, some old baseball/softball field and then a up on a small upper field. I saw nothing that resembled a tee pad. The baskets seemed to be spaced quite a distances apart, some might be 350'. Only one would require any elevation gain.
I would told by some locals (amazing to me that any locals were actually coming out to play this course) that the course is meant to be played in a counter clockwise manor. This would entail playing the basket at the corner of the football field first and finishing on the basket on the upper field as # 12.
There are apparently 3 more baskets hidden in the wooded area down below the fields. I didn't know about them and therefore didn't consider looking in those spooky ole woods. I also didn't look in the gym or the lunchroom for the 3 missing baskets.
Cons: No signage.
No tee pads.
Baskets are loosely set in these metal sleeves which then causes every basket to lean over at about a 75% angle. So they all look broken. It's slightly unnerving putting at all these baskets which are bent over. It's like staring at the Leaning Tower of Pisa for too long, you're afraid that your eyes will stay permanently crossed! It also might negatively affect my other wise superb putting touch!
Other Thoughts: I wouldn't hardly bother playing this course even if I lived in Camus Valley. Maybe if they marked some tees, if would be better. Maybe if I knew where the 3 missing baskets are in the woods were, I would enjoy this course a little more? Maybe if I had never played another disc golf course, I would think of this place as Augusta National? Naaah!