Mt. Berry, GA
Log Cabin Course Share
Uploaded By: lazrman778 Hole #17 (Taken 9/2016)

Scenic course, with a few flaws

2-4    5/18/2016   5/19/2016
Review By: jaredbrumbelow
This review was updated on 5/23/2016
Pros: This course is no doubt beautiful course. The grass is always manicured as the students are payed year round to cut the campus lawns. I have seen deer everytime I play which makes it a cool experience (especially watch for them on hole 16, I see them EVERY time on this hole). The baskets are in good condition and it is a nice, open course with few obstacles for beginners. The only obstacles are a few trees and bushes placed near the holes. This makes for an easy beginners course and a course many more advanced long bombers could birdie on many holes. It will lead you through a portion of the campus allowing you to see the historic Barnwell Chapel and portions of the Ford Complex castle (funded by Henry Ford himself) that one could easily take a break to explore. Also, for anyone that makes the trip out to play, there is also another 18 hole course on campus only three miles away called the Winshape DG Course. 36 holes in one location definitely makes it worth the visit.
Cons: The most difficult thing about this course is finding the tee box. I have attended this school for two years and it still took me three rounds to find them all. There is some assistance for finding most of the tee boxes as there is a scorecard and map that can be printed from Berry's website which I will give a link to below for anyone interested. However, I will warn that some of the tees (specifically 3 and 6 from recollection) have been moved or mismarked). Also, for anyone who uses Par to judge their play, some of the holes should definitely be reconsidered. Following tradition, every hole is a par 3, but a few holes, definitely 16 should be considered at least a par 4 maybe a par 5.

Other Thoughts: This course is overall decent. It is well kept and if a few investments for better markers and signage was made, it could be improved to a 3.5 or 4 rating in my opinion.
As a Berry student, I will take it into my hands to assist my fellow DG'ers where I can. If anyone shows interest, I will download the map and edit the mistakes and post it either to my own page or this review.

Edit: Course Map Revisions are now up; here is the link and it is also posted under links/files of the course page. Enjoy!

Nice course.

2-4    8/6/2013   8/21/2013
Review By: gbbiv
Pros: Beautiful campus and surroundings. Decent baskets. Cool tee markers. Not used that much.
Cons: Kind of tough to find your way around the course. No tee pads. It was really challenging that they didn't have the basket in the right holes... meaning the numbers didn't match the tee marker that was pointing at the basket... after some walking around I think I figured most of it out.
Other Thoughts: I'm very new and really enjoyed the course once I found my way around. Not sure it would be all that challenging for more experienced players. But there is another 18 on the back half of the campus so making the trip seems well worth it.