4 Helpful / 4 Not
excellent when not overcrowded
Pros: - clean, well kept course
- concrete tee pads
- easy parking
- plenty of trash cans
- centrally located to shopping/food/disc golf store
- creek provides a challenge while not being a disc gobbler (if the water is low)
- some good players are regulars here
- great baskets
- unique layout, lots of variety, holes as short as 99 feet, but many 325+, all crammed in tightly. You need every shot in your bag.
Cons: - busy. Lots of foot, bike traffic, kids, oblivious parents, and passer bys.
- (personal experience) some of the regulars are friendly, some have attitudes
- skate park kids have been known to swipe the occasional disc - keep your eyes on your disc.
- nasty port-o-potties
- well known as the best course in town, really busy during peak hours, excessive waiting can result.
Other Thoughts: Best played in the morning when park is scarcely populated (mornings, week days before 3). Aside from that, now that construction is complete, this is a GREAT course.
4 of 8 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 9 Not
Pros: quick, technical, conveniently located. each hole is challenging in a different way. nicely marked and easy to navigate.
Cons: crowded. holes 2, and 8 are missing. easy to land a disc in the creek.
Other Thoughts: my favorite course
0 of 9 people found this review helpful.
2 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: - Nice technical shots
- Water hazards that are for the most part avoidable
- Good course for beginners wanting to venture into the skills of technical throwing.
- Well maintained
Cons: - Course under construction (hole 2 was blocked off)
- Hole 8 completely missing
- Many times shooting over walking/biking paths which caused us to wait several times for a clearing
- Short holes
- Flow can be a little confusing for new discers to the park.
- Too busy of a park
Other Thoughts: I will most likely not make the 20 minute drive to this park very often as it was too busy and it felt like you were waiting more than you were throwing. I really enjoyed that the holes had many obstacles and required strategy.
2 of 3 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 2 Not
Pros: The course follows Ralston Creek with beautiful trees lining the whole way.
Great variety of obstacles although its a flat course.
Cons: Can be very busy in the afternoons with people lining up to tee off. Also because its a park there are a lot of kids and other people that can get in the way.
If the creek is high there is a possibility that you could lose you disc.
Other Thoughts: As of right now, this is my favorite course in the denver metro. I haven't tried all of them but this one keeps me coming back every week. I love the park setting and how generally chill everyone is. I have had a few instances of d-bag golfers practicing poor etiquette but its been rare.
1 of 3 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 6 Not
Good course for your short game, but that's about it...
Pros: This course while very short is relatively easy to navigate. Good course for beginners looking to master their short game. There are several holes with relatively tight technical shots and the creek can come into play on several holes. I also like that there are plenty of trees which offer shade from the intense CO sun.
Cons: Advanced players need only a putter to play this course. The holes are too short in my opinion and outside of a few tight holes does not present much of a challenge for advanced players. I wasn't a fan of throwing over walking paths where there are often pedestrians and bikers also enjoying the great outdoors.
Other Thoughts: In playing this course 6 or 7 times now, I feel every time I go there it's usually crowded and was disappointed with the amount of groups that had 6 or more players in a single group. Where's the etiquette y'all?
0 of 6 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 3 Not
Pros: Great short course. Easy to navigate. Easy but technical. Lots of shade. Nice paths. Friendly people.
Cons: Can't think of any its always a good time.
Other Thoughts: Have fun. Get those aces. Carry more versatile discs for more technical shots.
1 of 4 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 0 Not
Small, Tight, and Fun
Pros: Nice Scenery, A good number of shots need a precise shot to get a good final result. Pretty creek, nice tee pads.
Cons: Public park with lots of joggers and the like. Short course thats always crowded. Now that I'm decent this course seems WAY too small.
Other Thoughts: If this course was in my backyard and was all mine I'd LOVE it! Its on of the prettiest courses I've played.. But its WAY too crowded. And a good number of holes double back into the others fairway. Even though its short and crowded its still a blast to play every time!
1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
1 Helpful / 1 Not
Pros: Local course with technicality makes for a great place for beginners and avid DGers alike. Well maintained, a few different pin placements on select holes.
Cons: Course has high traffic, lots of players on the weekends. The worst part is that it is in the middle of a community park where a lot of families and cyclists frequent. Impedes play time and sometimes enjoyment.
Other Thoughts: Still on of my top five courses in CO despite the cons. Met a lot of good friends that I now DG with there.
1 of 2 people found this review helpful.
3 Helpful / 1 Not
On the riverside.
Pros: - Well-kept and maintained course
- Course makes great use of the features available.
- Not a particularly long course, but quite technical and forces you to use a large variety of throws throughout. A lot of shaping precise lines through course hazards.
- Water is comes into play on almost every hole, upping the difficulty and accuracy needed.
- Nice, accurate signs and large concrete tee boxes at every hole.
- Plenty of birdie opportunities throughout the course and holes with a decent amount of risk/reward.
Cons: - The park can be quite crowded with disc golfers, pedestrians, and skateboarders alike. I actually accidentally hit a pedestrian that i could not see from the tee.
- There is one thing about some of the the tee boxes that bothers me however; some of them are part of the sidewalk itself with a painted white line marking the foul line. At times it can interfere with pedestrian traffic in the park.
- In a few places, the fairways of different holes can interfere with one another.
Other Thoughts: This is the first course in Colorado that I have played and was really impressed. Whoever designed it did a great job fitting in a short, technical course into the space available. Great job of incorporating water hazards into play. Even though the course can be quite crowded, I am still happy to see so many people that enjoy playing disc golf in this park. All in all, I had an enjoyable experience and would definitely play here again.
3 of 4 people found this review helpful.
0 Helpful / 4 Not
Pros: Lots of fun. You can throw almost every type of shot; the only limits are your imagination & ability. It's has well marked maps, and each hole is easy to find. It's also in a nice neighborhood.
Cons: It's a very easy course. It is also very crowded.
Other Thoughts: It's a great course to teach someone who hasn't played before, but is also fun for experienced players.
0 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.