Ridgedale, MO
Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiSCRoCKeR Hole #2 (Taken 10/2012)
3 / 570ft.   3 / 470ft.   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

out of my league, and I was perfectly okay with it... FUN, FUN, FUN!

1    10/5/2013   10/14/2013
Review By: constantlyej
Pros: I am a rookie disc golfer who has just started getting to the point where I can reach 300+ drives with accuracy. This was a challenging course, but it was THE BEST course I have played to date and definitely worth taking a weekend trip with friends to play.

It was a challenge, yes, but it was the most enjoyable challenge I have had since I began playing. The course is beautiful. The fact that a handful of the greens have actual "greens" made me feel like I was playing a special couple of rounds.

The course offers a bit of everything; elevation changes, wooded holes, water holes- but more than anything IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and IT WAS FUN. The pro shop was great, and items were not so overinflated that it made picking up some wanted discs needed to wait for me to go back to KC and visit the stores in my area. The selection was outstanding as well.

I liked that this course was as friendly as it were beautiful.
Cons: I can't really complain for a $5 pay-to-play for what it were.

The only thing that could make it an even better course would be benches and signing. But the map given makes it pretty easy.
Other Thoughts: I think that this course is a great place to take a weekend trip with friends to play. If you have a place to stay, or are not afraid to camp, then you can make this one hell of a weekend. Fortunately, we had access to a condo that is just a few miles on the other side of Tablerock Lake- so this was an ideal vacation.

Typically I would avoid Branson like the plague (other than Tablerock), but finding this course makes me want to go as often as I can. Regardless of the 4.5 hour drive, I look forward to making this a regularly visited course.

Once I have improved my game and am not making bogies on a regular basis, it'll even be more of a destination course. I will definitely be using this course as a gauge of how quickly I am making strides in my improvement as a player- because it is by far THE course I want to become great at playing in the future. I threw a 71 the first time I played, a 66 the second, and a a 65 the third.... and I'm perfectly okay with that for as long as I've been playing. This is the course that I can actually say that I am looking forward to throwing par on the most!

THANKS BRANSON CEDARS! You guys have done an excellent job making a beautiful course!

I'd pay more then 5 dollars

1    9/1/2013   9/3/2013
Review By: homeskule87
This review was updated on 9/8/2013
Pros: Innova Disccatcher baskets.
Pro shop on site.
Awesome signage on every hole.
Nice concrete tee pads.
Alternate tees for people who are leery of throwing near ponds.
Tons of trash cans.
Mowed to perfection.
Elevation changes.
Even ratio of open and wooded holes.
This is a course straight out of a magazine or video game. Shots over ponds, around ponds, big open fairways, tight technical lines, dog leg lefts and rights. They even have putting greens like in ball golf! I would pay way more then 5 bucks to play again.
Cons: It's not in my home state! There is seriously nothing bad about this course.
Other Thoughts: I expected this course to be fun, but not this fun. Truly the nicest course I've ever been to. If you in the area go play it! If you aren't in the area get there!

Treehouz

5+    2/11/2013   4/15/2013
Review By: badams
Pros: Great mixture of long holes, seemingly open but must be aware of elevation changes or water hazzards, with several shorter more technical holes mixedn in
Cons: would like to see an ace run or two
Other Thoughts: definitely a must play if you are in the area

Incredibly Fun and Unique

2-4    1/8/2013   1/8/2013
Review By: jayhawker737
Pros: This is one of the two most fun courses I have ever played. This is the first time I have played a course on a ball golf course. They should change more ball golf courses to disc golf! The Four States area in general does not have many courses and holes with much distance. This is something I miss from living in Kansas City. This course makes up for the rest. There are a ton of holes with great distances, even 3 par 4's! There are also some very technical holes, especially holes 8-9, 12-15 and 17. I love these as well. The designer is a god to me. The layout flows wonderfully, water is in play, but in strategic places. The use of turf greens with a basket on it is very fun. Elevation is the second best I have played on besides WaterWorks in KC, although this elevation was more fun. The map given to us at the pro-shop was very helpful and made it so I never got confused where I was going or where I would be going later in the round. The tee-signs were very helpful. They clearly displayed where you are, where the hole is and where any obstacles, including OB, is. This environment is very pretty and is in a quiet setting.
Cons: There are very few cons, which makes my life easy. First con is having to pay the $5 for the round. I had my fiance with me, but they didnt charge her though, which was great! The tee-signs, while great, were just lamentated pieces on paper taped to the posts.In fact, one tee-sign was completely missing. I wish they could invest on hard tee-signs. On the techincal holes, the ground is very rocky which eats discs alive. The last con, which I am not factoring into the rating since they are still working on it and its not a necessity, is that hole 19 is not finished yet. They have the tee-sign and the green set up, all they need is the pad and the basket.
Other Thoughts: What a fun course. It is so unique and such a blast to play. You will have some great views, but even a greater time on the course. The design is so amazing. Like its amazing. I think I already said that. I drove 3 hours to get to the course and won't be doing that all the time, but wish I had the gas money to be able to.

sweet

5+    11/18/2012   11/22/2012
Review By: Todd roofing
Pros: Their is alot to b said about the pros of this course I love the big dwn hill drives alows for big drives with a turned over strong driver on a hot day u may go ob into water just for a reason to get in a cool off the course has a mix of Kansas citys rosedale park and the sub course their dwn under not many have the land or the smarts to mix wooded with open very nice choice and Barry is an awesome and very laid back manager of the place thank u for the hard work makin a sweet courses
Cons: The only thing I see and wouldnt call a con really is itd b cool to c some big up hill play that is the only thing tjat keeps me from a 5 rating dwn hillers r awesome but u will b truly changled to try to do the same playin huge up hill elevation
Other Thoughts: Any one who has played this and loves the wood holes needs to get out to Joe's dgc in Ozark its on review here it to me is the best course sw mo has to offer golfers

treehouz

2-4    11/3/2012   11/7/2012
Review By: birdman101
This review was updated on 4/8/2013
Pros: This is one of the best tracts of land I have had the opportunity to play on.

This course will challenge even the best of players due to its length, elevation, and pin placements.

This courses offers a few risk reward shots a couple dealing with water, others dealing with other OB

Concrete tees are ample size and are in great shape since they are virtually brand new.

Tee signs are in decent shape and give all the info you need for the hole. (see cons for more info)

This course is "private" mostly just pay to play, so chuckers, and large unruly groups shouldn't be an issue.

There has been a recent addition of second pin placements on multiple holes (2,7,10,11,15,17), and a second tee pad for 2 holes (2 and 4). And 19 is now a permanent hole with a tee pad and 2 pin placements.
Cons: The tee signs are currently just lamenated paper stapled to a wooden post, these may get messed up due to weather, and im not sure what the plan is with those.

There are only a couple trashcans, but since it is pay to play trash shouldn't be much of an issue.

There are a few long walks between holes, but they could be a lot worse.

Some of the tees are sort of elevated and could use some more gravel or dirt piled around them in my opinion. I like to start off the tee pad and step on which is not possible on several of the tees. Really noticed this this past weekend 4/6/13.
Other Thoughts: Parking is right off the highway, and the main office is right there, to get a map and pay.

Hole 1 is just a short walk done the gravel road, past the tree house.

Hole 1 plays fairly flat with the pin just off to the right into the wood line.
Hole 2 plays across a valley to an astroturf green from the old ball golf course.
Hole 3 is fairly flat, with a pond just to the left of the basket, which provides a risk reward shot.
Hole 4 plays downhill with water in front and to the left of the basket.
Hole 5 plays slightly uphill, on a hill sloping right to left the entire way.
Hole 6 is a long downhill shot playing down an old fairway back near the pond from hole 4.
Hole 7 plays over a pond and then up and over a hill.
you then have to walk around the green for hole 2 to get to 8.
Hole 8 plays in the woods, straight ahead.
Hole 9 plays uphill, and thru the woods
To get to hole 10 you walk past 1's tee and down that road a little ways.
Hole 10 plays flat and straight ahead with some OB right, and some mature trees near the basket.
Hole 11 plays 600+' straight ahead with some OB right and left to punish really errant throws.
Hole 12 puts you in the woods and requires a RHFH or a turnover shot
Hole 13 plays straight ahead through the woods.
Hole 14 plays down an old road with the basket sitting off to the right
Hole 15 plays up and to the left natural RHBH shot
Hole 16 plays flat and requires a little bit of a turnover to get there.
Hole 17 plays in the woods again and is a straight shot
Hole 18 plays long and across a valley to the green.
Hole 19 plays left to right across a valley to a green lower than the tee.

While the turf greens are cool you do get some weird skips and rolls on them