Ridgedale, MO
Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiSCRoCKeR Hole #13 (Taken 10/2012)
3 / 255ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #13 Approach

So windy!

1    3/27/2014   4/2/2014
Review By: mgcarney
Pros: Ball golf greens! There are a few baskets that are on golf greens. Dream come true. Outside of that, the new amateur tee pads are excellent, and the course really flows together well with only two hard to follow points. Getting to 8 and 10.

Big down hills and gradual climbs make great use of the elevation.

The pro shop is very helpful, has a great selection of discs, and really was the icing on the cake for my experience.
Cons: There are tons of dead leaves in the tree holes. I know this is kind of like a "duh! obviously" kind of statement, but just be warned that you may lose your disc under a blanket of leaves if you're not careful.

Other Thoughts: From some of the older reviews, all the improvements that could have been made have been. If you didn't give the course a 5, go see it now.

I am so glad to have played this course. It certainly was the highlight from my trip after listening to kiddy music and getting stuffed with food at the Dixie Stampede. Unfortunately, the winds were so strong, that I had a really frustrating round. If I'm back in the area, I am certainly going to go their again, and not to the Dixie Stampede.

5+    3/30/2014   3/30/2014
Review By: astomps
Pros: +firstly, turf golf greens are great
+benches on every hole
+great design
+great variety of holes
+fairways are mowed very short and course is just overall maintained well. Even the holes without a golf green have great grass
+challenging
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: overall this course is amazing. The scenery is great, the paths are well defined. You can tell that a lot of hard work was put in to make this course great. Everyone should play this course at least once.

Spectacular Course

2-4    4/7/2013   4/8/2013
Review By: Bleedblue34
This review was updated on 4/10/2013
Pros: Great elevation changes
Amazing design and flow
Turf greens (just cool to tee off throwing at them)
Pro Shop is packed with goods!
Great Staff
Great shot choices on almost every hole
Pay to play, if this is what a course looks and plays like for $5 per day it is a pro
Cons: Pay to play, I think it is also a con because players new to disc golf will probably not pay to play, and will miss out on this beauty.

Not many trash cans

I thought that I had played some really good disc golf courses in the past. I hadn't. This is the course that will be the measuring stick for all future courses I play.

This course should be on all wish lists, it is a great course.

Chain Smokin favorite

5+    1/3/2013   1/22/2013
Review By: Chain smoker Russ
Pros: Awesome elevations, some wooded shots, Greens, yes real greens. Made from indoor outdoor carpet. Plush and comfortable place to practice the putts. Pro Shop on site Journey Post, great items and of course great plastic available. Water hazards, Long Elevation shots make it everything for everyone.
Cons: It's all Good.
#1 Wind blowing left to right. I threw a buzz straight down the fairway. The pin was about 20' into the woods on steep hill. I layed up 35' to left of pin for long putt Birdie.

#2 Left to right wind. I threw a Katana down to the right side of the fairway then threw a Buzz lay up and the putt made with a Clozer.:( Playing down hill to a elevated green over 500' away Roc's

#3 Left to right wind with a pond left of the pin about 30'. I through a Diamond Lite backhand and set it 275' then threw a pro Roc 150 parked it 20' from pin holed out with a 3.

#4 I can throw 375' on flat ground let alone down hill but the pin sits less than 20' on the far side of a pond. I layed up to the right with a Boss. I really enjoyed the throw it or BLOW it factor here.

#5 Hill side sloping right to left fairway I threw a Z Force long hyzer missed that guess wind took it far right, oh well awesome hole.

#6 Go long then hyzer or stay shorter and hyzer along the tree line toward the pin down the hill to the left. I tryed to throw over trees and missed guess again. Pond down hill from pin position.

#7 Up hill to the left over a pond early then it sits on a hill to with tree surrounding it on the right. I threw a Riot to the back side of the pin l and layed up short as always. Had a little tree love to support this activity. :(

#8 Straight ahead slight up hill. Threw a Destroyer. I know use a slower disc but I just wanted a easy. Bad choice Katana would be better.

#9 Played in a wooded portion up a hill to the left through the woods. So many elevations directions it was a real challenge.

#10 Up a hill to the left with tree along the fairway to contend with and a strong left to right wind. This was my first Bogey of the round:)

#11 I threw a RHBH roller. Sloping fairway to the right and down she went. Saved par with a hard flick through a tight gap onto the fairway. Chain smokin from there.

#12 I had a look at birdie but choked for PAr.

#13 I threw a Roc for a birdie down the gap with a little luck

#14 I threw a Boss RHFH and caught a tree.

#15 Slight up elevation to the left I threw a Riot RHBH lot's of love.

#16 I threw a big boom with the Nuke that left me 75' short and left for a easy 3!

#17 Fun shot straight through the woods uphill. I used a Diamond Lat 64.

#18 I threw a Katana for the right to left wind and was short.

Tree Houz

1    12/27/2012   12/28/2012
Review By: BigE
Pros: I showed up to the course at about 730am. Two minutes later another golfer pulled up and we started with a temp of 23 and strong wind from the NW. I was floored from the first hole to the last hole! The course has a lot to offer to keep you from getting board in the way of elevation fast greens and left to right sloped fairways. I loved the feeling of throwing to a AstroTurf green. It added another level of challenge that have not found in any course that I have played to date. The grass fairways are just like a regular golf course FAST. I tried a few rollers and got caught by the sloping fairway and my rollers stood up early. The wind comes into play on the fairway from all directions because of the flow of the course. I liked all of the trees on the fairway edges. They have hardly any ground cover (Thorns and small shrubs tangled together) off the fairways like other courses that are a challenge to just get to your lie. You are challenged by elevation at every turn! I enjoyed how clean and professional the course was. This is a must play!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: No hole 19 basket when I played but had to play it because it was on my easy score card application. I would like to see more trash cans. The tee signz need help. But a map makes up for that.

#1 Wind blowing left to right. I threw a buzz straight down the fairway. The pin was about 20' into the woods on steep hill. I layed up from from 45'. Nothing better than a down hill hole to start off!

#2 Left to right wind. I threw a ESP Nuke down to the right side of the fairway then threw a ESP ZONE to lay up and missed the put:( Playing down hill to a elevated green 470 ' away was a blast!

#3 Left to right wind with a frozen pond left of the pin about 30'. I flip hyzered a Z Comet 30' and the guy I played with RHFH a driver off of the pond and parked it.

#4 I can throw 400' on flat ground let alone down hill but the pin sits less than 20' on the far side of a pond. I layed up to the right with a ESP Nuke. I really enjoyed the pucker factor.

#5 Hill side sloping right to left fairway I threw a Z Force long hyzer and landed about 45' short but in line with the basket.

#6 Big Hyzer with right to left wind also have to deal with tunnels to get by the basket. Go long then hyzer or stay shorter and hyzer along the tree line toward the pin down the hill to the left. I tryed to crush over the trees but caught the last tree. should have played short hyzer along the trees. Pond down hill from pin position.

#7 Up hill to the left over a pond early then it sits on a hill to with tree surrounding it on the right. I threw a Z Force to the back side of the pin on the downward side of the hill and layed up short because of some tree action:)

#8 Straight ahead slight up hill. Threw a Z Nuke OS for a easy hyzer but hit early. I know use a slower disc but I just wanted a easy hyzer.

#9 Played in a valley up a hill to the left through the woods. So many elevations directions it was overloading my brain.

#10 Up a hill to the left with tree along the fairway to contend with and a strong left to right wind. This was my last Boigie of the round:)

#11 I threw a RHBH roller but the strong wind from the left pushed me down the right side of the fairway instead of holding my disc up. Sloping fairway to the right and 150 feet down o a electrical box. saved par with a flick through a tight gap back onto the fairway.

#12 I had a look at birdie but this hole is "tight".

#13 I threw a buzz for a birdie down the gap with a little S.

#14 I threw a Z Force RHFH and caught a tree late leaving me a look at the basket from the left side of the fairway to the right.

#15 Slight up elevation to the left I threw a ESP Zone.

#16 I threw a big boom with the ESP Nuke that left me 50' short and left for a easy 3!

#17 Fun shot straight through the woods uphill. I used a ESP Zone. No skip on the road.

#18 I threw a Z Force for the right to left wind and was short 10 feet down hill from the green. Slight down hill with a thick treez on both sides downhill to the right.

#19 What happened to the basket? I used my a human basket to get my bird for this awesome finishing hole uphill to the Tree Houz.

Must Play!

2-4    12/7/2012   12/8/2012
Review By: RC51ManSam
Pros: Has a variety of holes; uphill, downhill, sidehill, wide open, very tight, big hyzer and sidearm shots. Some long and short holes make this a course that should be a must play. Love how some of the baskets are where actual greens used to be that have been carpeted with outdoor carpet. Can't wait until hole 19 gets done.
Cons: If you play when the leaves are down it can be very hard to find discs. Some of the tee boxes that have been built up have sharp drop offs just past the concrete, for example hole 2. Would love to see more water holes, only 3 as of now. The disc golf shop should be open anytime golfers are on the course. At least have someone from the main office who is able to open it up so souvenirs and discs can be purchased.
Other Thoughts: Played this course twice on Dec. 7. Started at 10 and finished at 2 and disc golf shop was never opened. After the first round the main office said the shop would be open that afternoon but not true. Still made my mast favorite course list for play. There should be more there. The pro shop should be open and a small kitchen for sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers and drinks should be available.

Great Course!

2-4    10/31/2012   11/1/2012
Review By: drknorris93
Pros: Great tee pads and baskets, lots of elevation and a great mix of tight wooded and open shots. Wonderful course to play for both left and right hand players.
Cons: No alt. tees or pin positions. No practice basket

Awesome course!!

5+    10/20/2012   10/26/2012
Review By: flick
Pros: Lots of elevation changes, open fairways, tight wooded shots, risk and rewards, and pretty much all the things that you would look for in a pro level course. The place is very well taken care of being on a private resort so maintenance will be great here.Great exercise with all all the hills and beautiful land and scenery.
Cons: The woods have not been cleaned out on the left and right sides of the wooded fairways yet, so kick outs from hitting trees can be hard to find.
Other Thoughts: All in all, this place has it all. If I was going to spend some time in the Branson area I would definitely get a cabin through this Resort and play as much DG as possible in between the shows!

This is Disc Golf!!

2-4    10/20/2012   10/23/2012
Review By: DiSCRoCKeR
Pros: The newest course in the Ozarks is the best all around disc golf course I have ever played. This course has everything that a superior disc golf course could have: long, short, technical, OB, scenery, real greens, water hazards, risk/reward, open, and tight wooded holes. The flow of the course is perfect, taking you downhill, uphill, through the woods, and back again. You will need every shot in your bag while playing this course, as well. This course is a championship caliber course, you will have to work for those birdies and to keep yourself out of trouble. The cement tees are excellent and the tee signs are very informative with pictures of the hole layout, par, and length. The owner of the resort had never heard of disc golf before and after the first temp tournament that was held there this summer he fell in love with disc golf and is fully behind the sport! The course came to fruition in a matter of months! Branson Cedars Resort is very beautiful and should be a top vacation destination for any disc golf fanatic.Be sure to check out their website and get a glimpse of the "treehouses" that the resort is home too. Excellent fishing spots, Branson attractions, and the best disc golf course in the region can all be found here. What more could you want? There is also talk of adding alternate tees and several pin placements per hole and also the possibility of adding another 18 holes!! Fingers are crossed!
Cons: None what so ever.
Other Thoughts: Everyone needs to make the trip to Branson to play this course. You will want to live in one the treehouses or cabins and never leave this disc golf paradise.