Ridgedale, MO
Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiSCRoCKeR Hole #11 (Taken 10/2012)
4 / 630ft.   -- / --   -- / --   -- / -- Par / Distance:

< Prev 1 2 3
So windy!

1    3/27/2014   4/2/2014
Review By: mgcarney
Pros: Ball golf greens! There are a few baskets that are on golf greens. Dream come true. Outside of that, the new amateur tee pads are excellent, and the course really flows together well with only two hard to follow points. Getting to 8 and 10.

Big down hills and gradual climbs make great use of the elevation.

The pro shop is very helpful, has a great selection of discs, and really was the icing on the cake for my experience.
Cons: There are tons of dead leaves in the tree holes. I know this is kind of like a "duh! obviously" kind of statement, but just be warned that you may lose your disc under a blanket of leaves if you're not careful.

Other Thoughts: From some of the older reviews, all the improvements that could have been made have been. If you didn't give the course a 5, go see it now.

I am so glad to have played this course. It certainly was the highlight from my trip after listening to kiddy music and getting stuffed with food at the Dixie Stampede. Unfortunately, the winds were so strong, that I had a really frustrating round. If I'm back in the area, I am certainly going to go their again, and not to the Dixie Stampede.

5+    3/30/2014   3/30/2014
Review By: astomps
Pros: +firstly, turf golf greens are great
+benches on every hole
+great design
+great variety of holes
+fairways are mowed very short and course is just overall maintained well. Even the holes without a golf green have great grass
+challenging
Cons: none
Other Thoughts: overall this course is amazing. The scenery is great, the paths are well defined. You can tell that a lot of hard work was put in to make this course great. Everyone should play this course at least once.

out of my league, and I was perfectly okay with it... FUN, FUN, FUN!

1    10/5/2013   10/14/2013
Review By: constantlyej
Pros: I am a rookie disc golfer who has just started getting to the point where I can reach 300+ drives with accuracy. This was a challenging course, but it was THE BEST course I have played to date and definitely worth taking a weekend trip with friends to play.

It was a challenge, yes, but it was the most enjoyable challenge I have had since I began playing. The course is beautiful. The fact that a handful of the greens have actual "greens" made me feel like I was playing a special couple of rounds.

The course offers a bit of everything; elevation changes, wooded holes, water holes- but more than anything IT WAS BEAUTIFUL and IT WAS FUN. The pro shop was great, and items were not so overinflated that it made picking up some wanted discs needed to wait for me to go back to KC and visit the stores in my area. The selection was outstanding as well.

I liked that this course was as friendly as it were beautiful.
Cons: I can't really complain for a $5 pay-to-play for what it were.

The only thing that could make it an even better course would be benches and signing. But the map given makes it pretty easy.
Other Thoughts: I think that this course is a great place to take a weekend trip with friends to play. If you have a place to stay, or are not afraid to camp, then you can make this one hell of a weekend. Fortunately, we had access to a condo that is just a few miles on the other side of Tablerock Lake- so this was an ideal vacation.

Typically I would avoid Branson like the plague (other than Tablerock), but finding this course makes me want to go as often as I can. Regardless of the 4.5 hour drive, I look forward to making this a regularly visited course.

Once I have improved my game and am not making bogies on a regular basis, it'll even be more of a destination course. I will definitely be using this course as a gauge of how quickly I am making strides in my improvement as a player- because it is by far THE course I want to become great at playing in the future. I threw a 71 the first time I played, a 66 the second, and a a 65 the third.... and I'm perfectly okay with that for as long as I've been playing. This is the course that I can actually say that I am looking forward to throwing par on the most!

THANKS BRANSON CEDARS! You guys have done an excellent job making a beautiful course!

"5" means its perfect in every possible way

2-4    7/4/2013   9/4/2013
Review By: Declarkus
Pros: Better than typical because it was well maintained. I enjoyed the water hazard. Pristine baskets
Cons: Only a couple benches. Poor signage; no markers for pin placement, no arrows on baskets pointing to next hole, tee signs are just laminated paper. I ended up walking to the next closest tee box (around #8 I think) and catching chains on the wrong hole. I lost footing on the loose rocks on the holes in the woods by the road and fell to my hands and knees twice.
Other Thoughts: I am from Nashville. There are 5 better courses within 15min of my house. I've been playing about 8yrs and I've played about 30 courses.
I don't want to come off as a snob or supercynic. I just wanted to give a fair review. I also wanted to point out some areas for improvement.
The course was mostly long tree lined fairways.
Signage was my biggest complaint. Easy fixes. Please put a nail or bolt on tee signs to identify pin placements.
With the elevation, benches would be clutch.
Loose footing was a problem. I'm a fit, limber, sober guy. I shouldn't be slipping and falling.
The course has a lot of potential, and I trust The Journey Post crowd will try to get the course to live up to the overhype, and make it more worth the price of admission.

I'd pay more then 5 dollars

1    9/1/2013   9/3/2013
Review By: homeskule87
This review was updated on 9/8/2013
Pros: Innova Disccatcher baskets.
Pro shop on site.
Awesome signage on every hole.
Nice concrete tee pads.
Alternate tees for people who are leery of throwing near ponds.
Tons of trash cans.
Mowed to perfection.
Elevation changes.
Even ratio of open and wooded holes.
This is a course straight out of a magazine or video game. Shots over ponds, around ponds, big open fairways, tight technical lines, dog leg lefts and rights. They even have putting greens like in ball golf! I would pay way more then 5 bucks to play again.
Cons: It's not in my home state! There is seriously nothing bad about this course.
Other Thoughts: I expected this course to be fun, but not this fun. Truly the nicest course I've ever been to. If you in the area go play it! If you aren't in the area get there!

Pretty fun

1    6/29/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: asjzn6
Pros: Good tee signs, good baskets, navigation was easy, the wooded holes were real fun, favorite holes, hole 6, 7, 15. Price was reasonable. Great area for family vacation, cabins, pool horseshoes, soccer goals, playground, restaurant, lots for the whole family.
Cons: Some of the bomber holes were redundant, 2, 11, 16, 18, and 19.
Other Thoughts: I was glad to get down to this course I enjoyed myself.

What a course!

1    5/26/2013   5/26/2013
Review By: BadKArma
Pros: Can't say any more than what has already been stated. I used to play this course when it was a Ball Golf course. Brought back a lot of memories while I was playing. Great use of elevated pads and loved the doglegs.
Cons: Back in the day this course was named "Oakmont", but we called it "Rockmont", and for good reason. Several of the holes, 9 in particular, are very very rocky and can chew up discs. but that's my only con.
Other Thoughts: Love this course. And since I'm a local, I'm making this my home course. ;)

Treehouz

5+    2/11/2013   4/15/2013
Review By: badams
Pros: Great mixture of long holes, seemingly open but must be aware of elevation changes or water hazzards, with several shorter more technical holes mixedn in
Cons: would like to see an ace run or two
Other Thoughts: definitely a must play if you are in the area

Spectacular Course

2-4    4/7/2013   4/8/2013
Review By: Bleedblue34
This review was updated on 4/10/2013
Pros: Great elevation changes
Amazing design and flow
Turf greens (just cool to tee off throwing at them)
Pro Shop is packed with goods!
Great Staff
Great shot choices on almost every hole
Pay to play, if this is what a course looks and plays like for $5 per day it is a pro
Cons: Pay to play, I think it is also a con because players new to disc golf will probably not pay to play, and will miss out on this beauty.

Not many trash cans

I thought that I had played some really good disc golf courses in the past. I hadn't. This is the course that will be the measuring stick for all future courses I play.

This course should be on all wish lists, it is a great course.

A lot of fun on old golf course

1    3/21/2013   3/22/2013
Review By: cydisc
Pros: - Good tees (concrete)
- Good signs
- Astroturf greens (golf holes only, cuts down on erosion)
- Good balance of shots
- Interesting terrain
- Pro shop on site
- Double loop of 9's
Cons: - Could use another set of tees to appeal to different skill levels.
Other Thoughts: A fully-stocked pro shop greets you as you pull up to the course. As of this reviewer's visit, the green fee was $5 for the day. You are given a map of the course, which will come in handy on a few holes where the next tee is not apparent from the previous basket. A short walk takes you past the namesake of the course, a house that's built on a pedestal and looks like a tree house.

The course is built on a former ball golf course (fun fact: I played it as a golf course soon after it opened 20+ years ago) and plays several of the fairways to baskets that are mounted into the old greens, which are covered in artificial turf. Only about half of the holes are like this, most of the multi-shot holes, to be sure. There are several technical holes carved into the woods bordering the old course. A couple of ponds increase the penalty on several holes.

There is only one set of concrete tees, which are set at a "blue" level of difficulty. The course features a good balance of open big-drive holes and tight, finesse holes to test all aspects of the game. Being in southern Missouri, there is plenty of elevation available and the course does a good job of utilizing it in a fun way.

I always appreciate when an 18 hole course, in particular, a long course, brings you back to the parking lot mid-way through the round to restock on beverages or replacing lost discs and this course does that after 9 holes.

#18 finishes a ways from the parking lot, so there is a longish walk back to the car, but there is an unofficial 19th hole that finishes at the old #9 of the golf course (no basket).

< Prev 1 2 3