Ridgedale, MO
Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiSCRoCKeR Hole #18 (Taken 10/2012)
3 / 400ft.   -- / -- Par / Distance:
Hole #18 Approach

I'd pay more then 5 dollars

1    9/1/2013   9/3/2013
Review By: homeskule87
This review was updated on 9/8/2013
Pros: Innova Disccatcher baskets.
Pro shop on site.
Awesome signage on every hole.
Nice concrete tee pads.
Alternate tees for people who are leery of throwing near ponds.
Tons of trash cans.
Mowed to perfection.
Elevation changes.
Even ratio of open and wooded holes.
This is a course straight out of a magazine or video game. Shots over ponds, around ponds, big open fairways, tight technical lines, dog leg lefts and rights. They even have putting greens like in ball golf! I would pay way more then 5 bucks to play again.
Cons: It's not in my home state! There is seriously nothing bad about this course.
Other Thoughts: I expected this course to be fun, but not this fun. Truly the nicest course I've ever been to. If you in the area go play it! If you aren't in the area get there!

Pretty fun

1    6/29/2013   6/29/2013
Review By: asjzn6
Pros: Good tee signs, good baskets, navigation was easy, the wooded holes were real fun, favorite holes, hole 6, 7, 15. Price was reasonable. Great area for family vacation, cabins, pool horseshoes, soccer goals, playground, restaurant, lots for the whole family.
Cons: Some of the bomber holes were redundant, 2, 11, 16, 18, and 19.
Other Thoughts: I was glad to get down to this course I enjoyed myself.

What a course!

1    5/26/2013   5/26/2013
Review By: BadKArma
Pros: Can't say any more than what has already been stated. I used to play this course when it was a Ball Golf course. Brought back a lot of memories while I was playing. Great use of elevated pads and loved the doglegs.
Cons: Back in the day this course was named "Oakmont", but we called it "Rockmont", and for good reason. Several of the holes, 9 in particular, are very very rocky and can chew up discs. but that's my only con.
Other Thoughts: Love this course. And since I'm a local, I'm making this my home course. ;)

Treehouz

5+    2/11/2013   4/15/2013
Review By: badams
Pros: Great mixture of long holes, seemingly open but must be aware of elevation changes or water hazzards, with several shorter more technical holes mixedn in
Cons: would like to see an ace run or two
Other Thoughts: definitely a must play if you are in the area

Spectacular Course

2-4    4/7/2013   4/8/2013
Review By: Bleedblue34
This review was updated on 4/10/2013
Pros: Great elevation changes
Amazing design and flow
Turf greens (just cool to tee off throwing at them)
Pro Shop is packed with goods!
Great Staff
Great shot choices on almost every hole
Pay to play, if this is what a course looks and plays like for $5 per day it is a pro
Cons: Pay to play, I think it is also a con because players new to disc golf will probably not pay to play, and will miss out on this beauty.

Not many trash cans

I thought that I had played some really good disc golf courses in the past. I hadn't. This is the course that will be the measuring stick for all future courses I play.

This course should be on all wish lists, it is a great course.

A lot of fun on old golf course

1    3/21/2013   3/22/2013
Review By: cydisc
Pros: - Good tees (concrete)
- Good signs
- Astroturf greens (golf holes only, cuts down on erosion)
- Good balance of shots
- Interesting terrain
- Pro shop on site
- Double loop of 9's
Cons: - Could use another set of tees to appeal to different skill levels.
Other Thoughts: A fully-stocked pro shop greets you as you pull up to the course. As of this reviewer's visit, the green fee was $5 for the day. You are given a map of the course, which will come in handy on a few holes where the next tee is not apparent from the previous basket. A short walk takes you past the namesake of the course, a house that's built on a pedestal and looks like a tree house.

The course is built on a former ball golf course (fun fact: I played it as a golf course soon after it opened 20+ years ago) and plays several of the fairways to baskets that are mounted into the old greens, which are covered in artificial turf. Only about half of the holes are like this, most of the multi-shot holes, to be sure. There are several technical holes carved into the woods bordering the old course. A couple of ponds increase the penalty on several holes.

There is only one set of concrete tees, which are set at a "blue" level of difficulty. The course features a good balance of open big-drive holes and tight, finesse holes to test all aspects of the game. Being in southern Missouri, there is plenty of elevation available and the course does a good job of utilizing it in a fun way.

I always appreciate when an 18 hole course, in particular, a long course, brings you back to the parking lot mid-way through the round to restock on beverages or replacing lost discs and this course does that after 9 holes.

#18 finishes a ways from the parking lot, so there is a longish walk back to the car, but there is an unofficial 19th hole that finishes at the old #9 of the golf course (no basket).

Intermediate/Expert

1    12/27/2012   3/3/2013
Review By: notapro
Pros: - Course is set in a private resort, which has some seasonal homes and whatnot. Seeing how it is private and pay-to-play, there shouldn't be any chance for any interference. All other activities are well separated as well. Holes are split pretty even between open, ball golf terrain, and some pretty dense woods.
- Holes out in the open provide many opportunities to unleash the beast - very long holes with wide fairways, sloping both way down and slightly up. A good amount of par 4 holes; #6 is a long, downhill hyzer off the tee that jogs right at the bottom. #10 is a healthy 500', slight uphill, and #11 is 600' with a nasty slope all along the right side. #2 and #18 are both pretty deep downhill-sloped valleys; coming up short means a steep upshot to the green.
- Water comes into play in a few spots out here, throwing a RHFH shot on #3 goes directly over a pond, #4 also has water on the left, #6 has the pond to the left of the green, and #7's tee shot has to clear a small pond. Definitely in play on these holes, with drop zones for any shots that get wet.
- A handful of holes have many more trees to contend with, not necessarily in the woods but with obvious lines to hit. #5 has a left-sloping fairway with the basket up and on the right, the best line is a hyzer or RHFH flex shot, and #8 and #9 are uphill hyzers.
- Rest of the course is situated in very dense woods with very dense rough. Tunnel shots galore back here; accuracy is an absolute must. Pretty even mix of left and right fairways, #12 and #14 are RHFH friendly, while #13 is straight, and #15 and #17 have a hyzer finish at the end. Very different from the rest of the course.
- As mentioned before; lots of elevation changes present here. Not only the ups and downs of the fairways, but also on the sides of the holes with big rollaway punishment. #1, #11, and #16 all have big slopes on the right side that will swallow errant shots. Some sloped greens as well, on top of tree-protected greens.
- Good teepads, baskets, and laminated tee signs. Navigation can be a little tricky in spots, like getting from #7 to #8, so checking the map is a good idea.
Cons: - Holes out in the open are really out in the open... those that play on the old ball golf course have zero trees in the fairways; only on the sides. About 1/3-1/2 of the holes fall into this category, so it is pretty significant.
Other Thoughts: - Not many cons at this course - excellent mix of wooded and open holes, big time elevation changes in spots, extreme bombers and technical lines in the woods. The turf greens are a good touch on the old golf greens, and the water adds a lot of character. Very good course for intermediate or expert players, beginners might be overwhelmed.
- Basket #19 is pending, to my understanding, but the hole is playable. Sounds like it will inevitably be installed.
- The Journey Post is on site here too!

Chain Smokin favorite

5+    1/3/2013   1/22/2013
Review By: Chain smoker Russ
Pros: Awesome elevations, some wooded shots, Greens, yes real greens. Made from indoor outdoor carpet. Plush and comfortable place to practice the putts. Pro Shop on site Journey Post, great items and of course great plastic available. Water hazards, Long Elevation shots make it everything for everyone.
Cons: It's all Good.
#1 Wind blowing left to right. I threw a buzz straight down the fairway. The pin was about 20' into the woods on steep hill. I layed up 35' to left of pin for long putt Birdie.

#2 Left to right wind. I threw a Katana down to the right side of the fairway then threw a Buzz lay up and the putt made with a Clozer.:( Playing down hill to a elevated green over 500' away Roc's

#3 Left to right wind with a pond left of the pin about 30'. I through a Diamond Lite backhand and set it 275' then threw a pro Roc 150 parked it 20' from pin holed out with a 3.

#4 I can throw 375' on flat ground let alone down hill but the pin sits less than 20' on the far side of a pond. I layed up to the right with a Boss. I really enjoyed the throw it or BLOW it factor here.

#5 Hill side sloping right to left fairway I threw a Z Force long hyzer missed that guess wind took it far right, oh well awesome hole.

#6 Go long then hyzer or stay shorter and hyzer along the tree line toward the pin down the hill to the left. I tryed to throw over trees and missed guess again. Pond down hill from pin position.

#7 Up hill to the left over a pond early then it sits on a hill to with tree surrounding it on the right. I threw a Riot to the back side of the pin l and layed up short as always. Had a little tree love to support this activity. :(

#8 Straight ahead slight up hill. Threw a Destroyer. I know use a slower disc but I just wanted a easy. Bad choice Katana would be better.

#9 Played in a wooded portion up a hill to the left through the woods. So many elevations directions it was a real challenge.

#10 Up a hill to the left with tree along the fairway to contend with and a strong left to right wind. This was my first Bogey of the round:)

#11 I threw a RHBH roller. Sloping fairway to the right and down she went. Saved par with a hard flick through a tight gap onto the fairway. Chain smokin from there.

#12 I had a look at birdie but choked for PAr.

#13 I threw a Roc for a birdie down the gap with a little luck

#14 I threw a Boss RHFH and caught a tree.

#15 Slight up elevation to the left I threw a Riot RHBH lot's of love.

#16 I threw a big boom with the Nuke that left me 75' short and left for a easy 3!

#17 Fun shot straight through the woods uphill. I used a Diamond Lat 64.

#18 I threw a Katana for the right to left wind and was short.

Incredibly Fun and Unique

2-4    1/8/2013   1/8/2013
Review By: jayhawker737
Pros: This is one of the two most fun courses I have ever played. This is the first time I have played a course on a ball golf course. They should change more ball golf courses to disc golf! The Four States area in general does not have many courses and holes with much distance. This is something I miss from living in Kansas City. This course makes up for the rest. There are a ton of holes with great distances, even 3 par 4's! There are also some very technical holes, especially holes 8-9, 12-15 and 17. I love these as well. The designer is a god to me. The layout flows wonderfully, water is in play, but in strategic places. The use of turf greens with a basket on it is very fun. Elevation is the second best I have played on besides WaterWorks in KC, although this elevation was more fun. The map given to us at the pro-shop was very helpful and made it so I never got confused where I was going or where I would be going later in the round. The tee-signs were very helpful. They clearly displayed where you are, where the hole is and where any obstacles, including OB, is. This environment is very pretty and is in a quiet setting.
Cons: There are very few cons, which makes my life easy. First con is having to pay the $5 for the round. I had my fiance with me, but they didnt charge her though, which was great! The tee-signs, while great, were just lamentated pieces on paper taped to the posts.In fact, one tee-sign was completely missing. I wish they could invest on hard tee-signs. On the techincal holes, the ground is very rocky which eats discs alive. The last con, which I am not factoring into the rating since they are still working on it and its not a necessity, is that hole 19 is not finished yet. They have the tee-sign and the green set up, all they need is the pad and the basket.
Other Thoughts: What a fun course. It is so unique and such a blast to play. You will have some great views, but even a greater time on the course. The design is so amazing. Like its amazing. I think I already said that. I drove 3 hours to get to the course and won't be doing that all the time, but wish I had the gas money to be able to.

Definitely a must play if in Branson

2-4    12/30/2012   12/31/2012
Review By: KCVinnie
Pros: If you like to be able to grip and rip this is a great course. Holes 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 16, 18, 19 (if there were a basket) have very open drives that allow you to really show off your arm. I especially liked hole 2, my 400 ft max distance arm on flat ground could get pretty much get to the pin.

The woods holes were well layed out and not super long, mostly putters or Rocs for me.

The astro turf greens were a nice change. Overall, I didn't think the greens were very difficult. I really only felt a big "Water Work" type pucker when putting on hole 5, but even there the ground was fairly rough and may have prevented a big roll away. As much elevation as the course has, I am sure some alternate pins could be placed in some tougher spots.

There were nice benches at probably half the holes that were flat and placed in a good spot to allow me to take some good video with my iPhone. Not a big plus, but I haven't had that opportunity before.

Course was well maintained and liked the use of the old ball golf fairways.
Cons: These are fairly insignificant compared to all of the pros the course offers.

Pro shop was closed, but it is a holiday and the time of year where there are a lot of stores closed in Branson, so not a big dissapointment there, but I did wish I was able to get a disc from the Journey Post.

The shortest walk from 7 to 8 cuts right across 2. Would be a pretty good walk around 2's green if a tourney was going on.

No basket on 19.

One tee and one basket setting on each hole. There were some AM tee pads spray painted on the grass in a few spots. Would like to see shorter pads on a lot of the holes to allow my kids and older parents to be able to enjoy the course.
Other Thoughts: On a few of the holes, 6 and 10, that I remember, there were some OB's marked on the map that really tightened up the fairway. I could see on several of the other holes great opportunities for mandos and OBs that could make this course a beast for tournament play.

I haven't played a lot of other ball golf courses that are now disc courses, but I would say this is a better layout than those used at the Glass Blown last year and I thought both of those were good courses.