Ridgedale, MO
Branson Cedars Resort Treehouz DGC Share
Uploaded By: DiSCRoCKeR Hole #2 (Taken 10/2012)
Hole #2 Approach

1 2 3 Next >
 Chain Smokin favorite

5+    1/3/2013   1/22/2013
Review By: Chain smoker Russ
Pros: Awesome elevations, some wooded shots, Greens, yes real greens. Made from indoor outdoor carpet. Plush and comfortable place to practice the putts. Pro Shop on site Journey Post, great items and of course great plastic available. Water hazards, Long Elevation shots make it everything for everyone.
Cons: It's all Good.
#1 Wind blowing left to right. I threw a buzz straight down the fairway. The pin was about 20' into the woods on steep hill. I layed up 35' to left of pin for long putt Birdie.

#2 Left to right wind. I threw a Katana down to the right side of the fairway then threw a Buzz lay up and the putt made with a Clozer.:( Playing down hill to a elevated green over 500' away Roc's

#3 Left to right wind with a pond left of the pin about 30'. I through a Diamond Lite backhand and set it 275' then threw a pro Roc 150 parked it 20' from pin holed out with a 3.

#4 I can throw 375' on flat ground let alone down hill but the pin sits less than 20' on the far side of a pond. I layed up to the right with a Boss. I really enjoyed the throw it or BLOW it factor here.

#5 Hill side sloping right to left fairway I threw a Z Force long hyzer missed that guess wind took it far right, oh well awesome hole.

#6 Go long then hyzer or stay shorter and hyzer along the tree line toward the pin down the hill to the left. I tryed to throw over trees and missed guess again. Pond down hill from pin position.

#7 Up hill to the left over a pond early then it sits on a hill to with tree surrounding it on the right. I threw a Riot to the back side of the pin l and layed up short as always. Had a little tree love to support this activity. :(

#8 Straight ahead slight up hill. Threw a Destroyer. I know use a slower disc but I just wanted a easy. Bad choice Katana would be better.

#9 Played in a wooded portion up a hill to the left through the woods. So many elevations directions it was a real challenge.

#10 Up a hill to the left with tree along the fairway to contend with and a strong left to right wind. This was my first Bogey of the round:)

#11 I threw a RHBH roller. Sloping fairway to the right and down she went. Saved par with a hard flick through a tight gap onto the fairway. Chain smokin from there.

#12 I had a look at birdie but choked for PAr.

#13 I threw a Roc for a birdie down the gap with a little luck

#14 I threw a Boss RHFH and caught a tree.

#15 Slight up elevation to the left I threw a Riot RHBH lot's of love.

#16 I threw a big boom with the Nuke that left me 75' short and left for a easy 3!

#17 Fun shot straight through the woods uphill. I used a Diamond Lat 64.

#18 I threw a Katana for the right to left wind and was short.

Incredibly Fun and Unique

2-4    1/8/2013   1/8/2013
Review By: jayhawker737
Pros: This is one of the two most fun courses I have ever played. This is the first time I have played a course on a ball golf course. They should change more ball golf courses to disc golf! The Four States area in general does not have many courses and holes with much distance. This is something I miss from living in Kansas City. This course makes up for the rest. There are a ton of holes with great distances, even 3 par 4's! There are also some very technical holes, especially holes 8-9, 12-15 and 17. I love these as well. The designer is a god to me. The layout flows wonderfully, water is in play, but in strategic places. The use of turf greens with a basket on it is very fun. Elevation is the second best I have played on besides WaterWorks in KC, although this elevation was more fun. The map given to us at the pro-shop was very helpful and made it so I never got confused where I was going or where I would be going later in the round. The tee-signs were very helpful. They clearly displayed where you are, where the hole is and where any obstacles, including OB, is. This environment is very pretty and is in a quiet setting.
Cons: There are very few cons, which makes my life easy. First con is having to pay the $5 for the round. I had my fiance with me, but they didnt charge her though, which was great! The tee-signs, while great, were just lamentated pieces on paper taped to the posts.In fact, one tee-sign was completely missing. I wish they could invest on hard tee-signs. On the techincal holes, the ground is very rocky which eats discs alive. The last con, which I am not factoring into the rating since they are still working on it and its not a necessity, is that hole 19 is not finished yet. They have the tee-sign and the green set up, all they need is the pad and the basket.
Other Thoughts: What a fun course. It is so unique and such a blast to play. You will have some great views, but even a greater time on the course. The design is so amazing. Like its amazing. I think I already said that. I drove 3 hours to get to the course and won't be doing that all the time, but wish I had the gas money to be able to.

Definitely a must play if in Branson

2-4    12/30/2012   12/31/2012
Review By: KCVinnie
Pros: If you like to be able to grip and rip this is a great course. Holes 1, 2, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 16, 18, 19 (if there were a basket) have very open drives that allow you to really show off your arm. I especially liked hole 2, my 400 ft max distance arm on flat ground could get pretty much get to the pin.

The woods holes were well layed out and not super long, mostly putters or Rocs for me.

The astro turf greens were a nice change. Overall, I didn't think the greens were very difficult. I really only felt a big "Water Work" type pucker when putting on hole 5, but even there the ground was fairly rough and may have prevented a big roll away. As much elevation as the course has, I am sure some alternate pins could be placed in some tougher spots.

There were nice benches at probably half the holes that were flat and placed in a good spot to allow me to take some good video with my iPhone. Not a big plus, but I haven't had that opportunity before.

Course was well maintained and liked the use of the old ball golf fairways.
Cons: These are fairly insignificant compared to all of the pros the course offers.

Pro shop was closed, but it is a holiday and the time of year where there are a lot of stores closed in Branson, so not a big dissapointment there, but I did wish I was able to get a disc from the Journey Post.

The shortest walk from 7 to 8 cuts right across 2. Would be a pretty good walk around 2's green if a tourney was going on.

No basket on 19.

One tee and one basket setting on each hole. There were some AM tee pads spray painted on the grass in a few spots. Would like to see shorter pads on a lot of the holes to allow my kids and older parents to be able to enjoy the course.
Other Thoughts: On a few of the holes, 6 and 10, that I remember, there were some OB's marked on the map that really tightened up the fairway. I could see on several of the other holes great opportunities for mandos and OBs that could make this course a beast for tournament play.

I haven't played a lot of other ball golf courses that are now disc courses, but I would say this is a better layout than those used at the Glass Blown last year and I thought both of those were good courses.

Tree Houz

1    12/27/2012   12/28/2012
Review By: BigE
Pros: I showed up to the course at about 730am. Two minutes later another golfer pulled up and we started with a temp of 23 and strong wind from the NW. I was floored from the first hole to the last hole! The course has a lot to offer to keep you from getting board in the way of elevation fast greens and left to right sloped fairways. I loved the feeling of throwing to a AstroTurf green. It added another level of challenge that have not found in any course that I have played to date. The grass fairways are just like a regular golf course FAST. I tried a few rollers and got caught by the sloping fairway and my rollers stood up early. The wind comes into play on the fairway from all directions because of the flow of the course. I liked all of the trees on the fairway edges. They have hardly any ground cover (Thorns and small shrubs tangled together) off the fairways like other courses that are a challenge to just get to your lie. You are challenged by elevation at every turn! I enjoyed how clean and professional the course was. This is a must play!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: No hole 19 basket when I played but had to play it because it was on my easy score card application. I would like to see more trash cans. The tee signz need help. But a map makes up for that.

#1 Wind blowing left to right. I threw a buzz straight down the fairway. The pin was about 20' into the woods on steep hill. I layed up from from 45'. Nothing better than a down hill hole to start off!

#2 Left to right wind. I threw a ESP Nuke down to the right side of the fairway then threw a ESP ZONE to lay up and missed the put:( Playing down hill to a elevated green 470 ' away was a blast!

#3 Left to right wind with a frozen pond left of the pin about 30'. I flip hyzered a Z Comet 30' and the guy I played with RHFH a driver off of the pond and parked it.

#4 I can throw 400' on flat ground let alone down hill but the pin sits less than 20' on the far side of a pond. I layed up to the right with a ESP Nuke. I really enjoyed the pucker factor.

#5 Hill side sloping right to left fairway I threw a Z Force long hyzer and landed about 45' short but in line with the basket.

#6 Big Hyzer with right to left wind also have to deal with tunnels to get by the basket. Go long then hyzer or stay shorter and hyzer along the tree line toward the pin down the hill to the left. I tryed to crush over the trees but caught the last tree. should have played short hyzer along the trees. Pond down hill from pin position.

#7 Up hill to the left over a pond early then it sits on a hill to with tree surrounding it on the right. I threw a Z Force to the back side of the pin on the downward side of the hill and layed up short because of some tree action:)

#8 Straight ahead slight up hill. Threw a Z Nuke OS for a easy hyzer but hit early. I know use a slower disc but I just wanted a easy hyzer.

#9 Played in a valley up a hill to the left through the woods. So many elevations directions it was overloading my brain.

#10 Up a hill to the left with tree along the fairway to contend with and a strong left to right wind. This was my last Boigie of the round:)

#11 I threw a RHBH roller but the strong wind from the left pushed me down the right side of the fairway instead of holding my disc up. Sloping fairway to the right and 150 feet down o a electrical box. saved par with a flick through a tight gap back onto the fairway.

#12 I had a look at birdie but this hole is "tight".

#13 I threw a buzz for a birdie down the gap with a little S.

#14 I threw a Z Force RHFH and caught a tree late leaving me a look at the basket from the left side of the fairway to the right.

#15 Slight up elevation to the left I threw a ESP Zone.

#16 I threw a big boom with the ESP Nuke that left me 50' short and left for a easy 3!

#17 Fun shot straight through the woods uphill. I used a ESP Zone. No skip on the road.

#18 I threw a Z Force for the right to left wind and was short 10 feet down hill from the green. Slight down hill with a thick treez on both sides downhill to the right.

#19 What happened to the basket? I used my a human basket to get my bird for this awesome finishing hole uphill to the Tree Houz.

Must Play!

2-4    12/7/2012   12/8/2012
Review By: RC51ManSam
Pros: Has a variety of holes; uphill, downhill, sidehill, wide open, very tight, big hyzer and sidearm shots. Some long and short holes make this a course that should be a must play. Love how some of the baskets are where actual greens used to be that have been carpeted with outdoor carpet. Can't wait until hole 19 gets done.
Cons: If you play when the leaves are down it can be very hard to find discs. Some of the tee boxes that have been built up have sharp drop offs just past the concrete, for example hole 2. Would love to see more water holes, only 3 as of now. The disc golf shop should be open anytime golfers are on the course. At least have someone from the main office who is able to open it up so souvenirs and discs can be purchased.
Other Thoughts: Played this course twice on Dec. 7. Started at 10 and finished at 2 and disc golf shop was never opened. After the first round the main office said the shop would be open that afternoon but not true. Still made my mast favorite course list for play. There should be more there. The pro shop should be open and a small kitchen for sandwiches, hot dogs, burgers and drinks should be available.

sweet

5+    11/18/2012   11/22/2012
Review By: Todd roofing
Pros: Their is alot to b said about the pros of this course I love the big dwn hill drives alows for big drives with a turned over strong driver on a hot day u may go ob into water just for a reason to get in a cool off the course has a mix of Kansas citys rosedale park and the sub course their dwn under not many have the land or the smarts to mix wooded with open very nice choice and Barry is an awesome and very laid back manager of the place thank u for the hard work makin a sweet courses
Cons: The only thing I see and wouldnt call a con really is itd b cool to c some big up hill play that is the only thing tjat keeps me from a 5 rating dwn hillers r awesome but u will b truly changled to try to do the same playin huge up hill elevation
Other Thoughts: Any one who has played this and loves the wood holes needs to get out to Joe's dgc in Ozark its on review here it to me is the best course sw mo has to offer golfers

treehouz

2-4    11/3/2012   11/7/2012
Review By: birdman101
This review was updated on 4/8/2013
Pros: This is one of the best tracts of land I have had the opportunity to play on.

This course will challenge even the best of players due to its length, elevation, and pin placements.

This courses offers a few risk reward shots a couple dealing with water, others dealing with other OB

Concrete tees are ample size and are in great shape since they are virtually brand new.

Tee signs are in decent shape and give all the info you need for the hole. (see cons for more info)

This course is "private" mostly just pay to play, so chuckers, and large unruly groups shouldn't be an issue.

There has been a recent addition of second pin placements on multiple holes (2,7,10,11,15,17), and a second tee pad for 2 holes (2 and 4). And 19 is now a permanent hole with a tee pad and 2 pin placements.
Cons: The tee signs are currently just lamenated paper stapled to a wooden post, these may get messed up due to weather, and im not sure what the plan is with those.

There are only a couple trashcans, but since it is pay to play trash shouldn't be much of an issue.

There are a few long walks between holes, but they could be a lot worse.

Some of the tees are sort of elevated and could use some more gravel or dirt piled around them in my opinion. I like to start off the tee pad and step on which is not possible on several of the tees. Really noticed this this past weekend 4/6/13.
Other Thoughts: Parking is right off the highway, and the main office is right there, to get a map and pay.

Hole 1 is just a short walk done the gravel road, past the tree house.

Hole 1 plays fairly flat with the pin just off to the right into the wood line.
Hole 2 plays across a valley to an astroturf green from the old ball golf course.
Hole 3 is fairly flat, with a pond just to the left of the basket, which provides a risk reward shot.
Hole 4 plays downhill with water in front and to the left of the basket.
Hole 5 plays slightly uphill, on a hill sloping right to left the entire way.
Hole 6 is a long downhill shot playing down an old fairway back near the pond from hole 4.
Hole 7 plays over a pond and then up and over a hill.
you then have to walk around the green for hole 2 to get to 8.
Hole 8 plays in the woods, straight ahead.
Hole 9 plays uphill, and thru the woods
To get to hole 10 you walk past 1's tee and down that road a little ways.
Hole 10 plays flat and straight ahead with some OB right, and some mature trees near the basket.
Hole 11 plays 600+' straight ahead with some OB right and left to punish really errant throws.
Hole 12 puts you in the woods and requires a RHFH or a turnover shot
Hole 13 plays straight ahead through the woods.
Hole 14 plays down an old road with the basket sitting off to the right
Hole 15 plays up and to the left natural RHBH shot
Hole 16 plays flat and requires a little bit of a turnover to get there.
Hole 17 plays in the woods again and is a straight shot
Hole 18 plays long and across a valley to the green.
Hole 19 plays left to right across a valley to a green lower than the tee.

While the turf greens are cool you do get some weird skips and rolls on them

Great Course!

2-4    10/31/2012   11/1/2012
Review By: drknorris93
Pros: Great tee pads and baskets, lots of elevation and a great mix of tight wooded and open shots. Wonderful course to play for both left and right hand players.
Cons: No alt. tees or pin positions. No practice basket

Awesome course!!

5+    10/20/2012   10/26/2012
Review By: flick
Pros: Lots of elevation changes, open fairways, tight wooded shots, risk and rewards, and pretty much all the things that you would look for in a pro level course. The place is very well taken care of being on a private resort so maintenance will be great here.Great exercise with all all the hills and beautiful land and scenery.
Cons: The woods have not been cleaned out on the left and right sides of the wooded fairways yet, so kick outs from hitting trees can be hard to find.
Other Thoughts: All in all, this place has it all. If I was going to spend some time in the Branson area I would definitely get a cabin through this Resort and play as much DG as possible in between the shows!

This is Disc Golf!!

2-4    10/20/2012   10/23/2012
Review By: DiSCRoCKeR
Pros: The newest course in the Ozarks is the best all around disc golf course I have ever played. This course has everything that a superior disc golf course could have: long, short, technical, OB, scenery, real greens, water hazards, risk/reward, open, and tight wooded holes. The flow of the course is perfect, taking you downhill, uphill, through the woods, and back again. You will need every shot in your bag while playing this course, as well. This course is a championship caliber course, you will have to work for those birdies and to keep yourself out of trouble. The cement tees are excellent and the tee signs are very informative with pictures of the hole layout, par, and length. The owner of the resort had never heard of disc golf before and after the first temp tournament that was held there this summer he fell in love with disc golf and is fully behind the sport! The course came to fruition in a matter of months! Branson Cedars Resort is very beautiful and should be a top vacation destination for any disc golf fanatic.Be sure to check out their website and get a glimpse of the "treehouses" that the resort is home too. Excellent fishing spots, Branson attractions, and the best disc golf course in the region can all be found here. What more could you want? There is also talk of adding alternate tees and several pin placements per hole and also the possibility of adding another 18 holes!! Fingers are crossed!
Cons: None what so ever.
Other Thoughts: Everyone needs to make the trip to Branson to play this course. You will want to live in one the treehouses or cabins and never leave this disc golf paradise.

1 2 3 Next >