Rock Hill, SC
Belleview Elementary School DGC Share

Not the Belle of any ball.

1    11/22/2014   11/22/2014
Review By: heelboycraig
Pros: Belleview Elementary School is a disc golf course only in the sense that there are six baskets. Other than that, look at this as six different chances for elementary school students to practice throwing at a basket.
- As soon as you get to the course (and I use that term loosely), you spot all six baskets in an area smaller than half an acre. In that sense, the course is easy to navigate.
- Decent course for practice. If you played a safari layout, you could have two, possibly three, passable holes. As it is, each hole is a soft throw, the ultimate in a pitch-n-putt.
- If you like getting 2s, regardless of how empty they may feel, you'll enjoy low scores on your card. I threw from the previous basket as my tee for the following hole (because I couldn't find a real tee marker) and had six simple up-and-downs for six straight 2s. I'd say holes are all in the 100 - 125 foot range. The only one that's slightly longer is #4, topping out at around 150 - 175 feet, tops.
Cons: Other than making sure the baskets were in sequential order, there was no thought put into this course design. There was more room on the school grounds that could have been used, but I suspect the layout was limited to the back of the building.
- No obstacles whatsoever. Each hole is the same short, wide-open shot. If you like getting an up-and-down from 125, enjoy six straight 2s on your card, just like me.
- No sign of tee pads. Not that it would make a difference. The only 'problem' is trying to find where to tee off on #1. After that, it's straight ahead.
- It's really weird that the school property runs directly into the backyard of the houses without a fence or barrier. Some neighbors put up privacy fences; others don't, making it feel like you're about to play in someone's backyard.
Other Thoughts: This is the fastest round I've ever had. It took barely 5 minutes to play, definitely less than 10. Even that was a waste of a couple minutes of my life that I won't be getting back.
- Other than wanting to practice putting, even if I lived across the street, I'd avoid this course. I stopped by after playing two other school courses down the road, and it still felt like a waste of my time.
- I really wish this wasn't listed as a course. It's a field with six practice baskets and that's it. As a course, it's horrible. As a putting range, it's merely poor.
- At its best, this school course will encourage a student to want to check out other, better local courses. Then they can get a taste of what the sport really is about.