Minneapolis (Edina), MN
Rosland Park Share
Uploaded By: Goon13 Hole #3 (Taken 9/2013)

2-4    7/19/2014   7/23/2014
Review By: dutchrunningriot
Pros: The Kenneth Rosland disc golf course is a great nine hole course located in the suburbs of the twin cities. It is a simple course that offers moderate elevation change and is a great course to develop your abilities as a disc golfer. It is a shorter course, but still challenging enough that a serious disc golf will enjoy the 9 hole tune-up.
Cons: The cement tee pads are small and several of them are raised which is a concern for those who have long run ups or those who step through after their release.

After hole 5, the 6th tee is a long ways away (600 plus feet) and there were no markers seen pointing out where to head next.

Don't sprain an ankle on the tee pads...

1    10/22/2011   10/23/2011
Review By: bigbeano
Pros: -Grass kept nice and short
-Bathrooms on site (however they were closed for the year when I was there, not sure the operating times on them)
-Nice fully grown trees which force you to shape shots on several holes
-Cement tee pads are present…however
Cons: -Aforementioned tee pads are ridiculously short
-Ground is badly eroded in some areas, especially around the tee pads
-Course layout is suspect at best as the course is split into two essentially
-There is a dangerous intersection of the approach for hole 7, green for hole 6, and tee-off for hole 8 that is just a disaster waiting to happen
-Navigation is poor at best, I had numerous difficulties finding the next hole, especially because…
-No signs
Other Thoughts: First off, I was thoroughly unimpressed with this course. I wasn't expecting a lot going in since it was an urban course in a city park; but in my opinion it still fell flat even with that expectation.
The tee pads are joke, it would be better if they were removed. They are so short that they are unusable. If you do insist on trying to use them you'll either commit foot fouls and fall off the front into the deeply eroded ground that is nowhere near level with the pads, or you'll have to start from behind the pad and trip on it again because of the badly eroded ground. It's best if you just tee off from the side of the pad and ignore it all together.
Navigation is a challenge the first time here as well. There is a map posted up on one of the boards in the park, but it is nowhere near the start of the course or on the path that you would take at any time during your round; so unless you know it's there you're not going to see it. There's a mailbox that is supposed to have scorecards in it at the beginning, but of course it had no scorecards in it; just a candy bar wrapper and an empty energy drink can. Compounding the navigation problem is the fact that there are no signs. The short tees (which have no tee pads) have a hole number and distance on a 4x4 in the ground; but they are not near the main tees and can be hard to find.
I had a big problem with the course layout at hole 7 as mentioned in the cons of the course. Hole 6 ends awfully close to the line you'd take on a drive from hole 7 which is also right next to the tee pad for hole 8. To make it even worse, after you finish hole 6 you are required to walk back, essentially on the fairway, to the hole 7 tee pad. It's a horrible design and I'm sure more than a few people have been pelted by a disc at this intersection in the past. This would be a huge bottleneck during a time when the course would be busy as well.
The length and difficulty of the course is typical of your standard rec course. Everything is reachable from the tees if you are decent at driving and if not it's still a pretty easy par. There are better rec courses around than this one, I doubt that I'll be visiting this course again.

Decent

5+    5/21/2011   5/27/2011
Review By: chinweasel
Pros: Elevation change with a few challenging holes.
Cons: Tees are way to short and narrow. I always seem to fall off the edge after my throw. Be Careful not to twist your knee or ankle.
Other Thoughts: Step off to the side of the tees if you have a long stride.

Meh

5+    3/19/2011   4/11/2011
Review By: deadbody
Pros: Nice concrete tees and nice baskets. Hole 3 is a fun downhill ace run.
Cons: Short, weird layout with 1-5 on one side of the parking lot, and 6-9 across the parking lot and behind the pool. Nothing special course. No high degree of difficulty on any of the holes
Other Thoughts: Pretty average course. Nothing worth making a special trip for. Not too far from Bryant lake, and other than on a lunch break nearby I cannot come up with a good reason to play this course over Bryant. Loses half a star for the layout and having to cross the parking lot and go behind the pool to finish the course.

Rosland Park DGC

2-4    4/5/2009   4/6/2009
Review By: JR Stengele
This review was updated on 6/7/2011
Pros:
Located just outside the Twin Cities about 10 minutes from Mall of America, Rosland Park DGC is placed in a beautiful multi-use park with rolling hills throughout, and is connected to Lake Cornelia. This park also provides a lot of other activities including volleyball, baseball, multiple playgrounds for the kiddos, and a massive water park and pool for those hot days.

What made this a good course was it's strategic pin placements of the 9 Chainstar baskets as well as where the cement tee pads were located (which were both in good shape).

Fairways were well defined and foliage maintenance was apparent. There was no underbrush on the entire course with regularly mowed grass throughout and trees which were trimmed accordingly. Although there weren't as many garbage cans as I would have liked to see, there appeared to be trash bins present and seemed to be emptied regularly.

The course design for the most part was well thought out as Timmy Gill made great use of this park considering there were a lot of other park users doing so many other activities. Elevation was optimized as every shot had you shooting one way or another along the rolling hills. Restrooms were present although closed for the season (but am sure will open soon since it is now spring). The course used a variety of distances, thus requiring multiple shots. The majority of the course had you weaving in and out of trees using technical shots with the occasional open bomb.

Parking was easily accessible with a small lot by hole one and a much larger lot near hole seven (although that one is meant primarily for the water park).
Cons: Although Timmy Gill did a wonderful job
making use of the land he had I felt there was a lot of room for improvement. For starters, the course was lacking a kiosk with a map or tee signs to help first timers navigate. When I played the first time through I found myself hurrying to keep up with the local in front of me so I knew where I was going. I had read that the walk from hole 5 to 6 was a bit long and difficult to find so I didn't want to get lost (and it was a good thing I did cause it was a bit tough to find). The front five holes were on one side of the park and the other four were on another leaving some issues with the flow.

Although the course states there are duel tee pads one, they were dirt and two, they appeared more appropriate for the novice player so I skipped them and just played the nine holes three times through (which took me less then two hours).

Because the course was so beautiful it would have been great to see more benches throughout, epecially near some of the tee pads so DGers and other park users could sit and enjoy the scenery.

I also noticed that due to so many other park ameneties, the amount of people could be an issue, especially during the warmer months.

Last, for such an amazing park it would have been nice to see the holes longer overall. There truely were some great holes but holes 3 and 9 I felt were gimmies. I shot under my first time there and on that day the wind was absolutely horrible. If a pro player was there I would expect them to shoot nine under for I know that on a good day I myself could do it! This course to me seemed much more appropriate for an amateur player than pro.
One hole that truely stuck out in my mind was hole two. This shot was just over 300 feet up a hill towards a blind tee. Once up on the top of the hill you had to putt at a basket that had an incredible view of Lake Cornelia behind it. To make things more exciting you had to make your putt or wind up at the bottom of the hill about 75 feet away. On a windy day like mine making par was quite a task.

For being my first time there I must say I had a blast. The locals were very friendly (thanks Gary), allowing me to tag along and see some truely beautiful parts of the great city of Edina. The course was well taken care of and the overall atmosphere was quite positive. It is great to see a state so supportive of this amazing sport.