Mt. Vernon, IL
Veteran's Memorial Park Share
Uploaded By: Wood Chuk Hole #5 (Taken 4/2015)

Typical 2.0

2-4    7/5/2015   7/5/2015
Review By: ElementZ
Pros: Great Dispatcher baskets!

Disc Golf!
Cons: In my eyes, this course is the stereotypical 2.0 course. Nine very similar holes in a small public park in a small little city.

The design is very plain, the landscape/terrain is very plain, the whole park/course is very plain.

This course offers you standard, vanilla disc golf. No hole will "wow" you and nothing stands out as special in a good way or a bad way. If this course was a high school girl, it'd be that plain, average looking girl who does some average activity (like band), but doesn't stand out as being great or bad. Just completely unmemorable.
Other Thoughts: I don't know what else to say. I've been reviewing courses for over five years and not a single thing struck me as worth mentioning. This truly is your average joe course.

Going here instead of Centralia is a decision I will probably regret for the rest of my life.

5+    11/17/2012   12/18/2012
Review By: ervin
Pros: There's a course in Mt. Vernon, so that's a pro. The course is laid out in a fairly simple way to figure out where to head. I hear they're moving this up from 7 to 9 holes soon, so that's a pro as well.
Cons: The course is really easy. The holes are fairly short and they have so many lines of attack that it'll be a huge ego boost for anyone playing this course for the first time. I think I shot a -3 the first time I played the course--and that was from the "pro" tees. I'm not a pro, but it seems like a super easy course. Also, some of the shots go over walking paths and there are very often pedestrians on them. It's a little dangerous--especially considering most of the people walking the path have no idea what you're doing.
Other Thoughts: Overall it's a nice way to spend about 30 minutes, but it could really use some reshaping for a little more challenge on the course.