Goshen, OH

+ Tee Pads are nice, big, and in good condition
+ Hole Variety
+ Pretty Long
+ Fairly Easy to Navigate
Cons: - Grooming / Mowing - at least when I played. There was a recent update to conditions that mentioned a broken mower, so hopefully this is a temporary thing.
- Tee signs and next tee signs are crude (but they are there at least.)
- Rudimentary trash receptacles
Other Thoughts: This is not a course for beginners, or for the faint of heart. You will hit trees. Oh yes, you will. I had just come off shooting a 1 under par 71 at Monroe a few days prior, which for me was quite a round at that course, and I was feeling really good about my game. Then I hit Osage, and the course delivered onto me a big heaping serving of humble pie. I'll not mention my scores, but let's just say the course brought me back down to earth. All the same, I love the challenge and the hole design. The difficulty will keep me coming back. Also, there are little things that could make this a 4 star course - better signage and next tee signage and proper trash cans liberally placed throughout. I realize these "little things" cost money, but touches like these could kick this course up a notch. Fortunately, the hole and course design is good enough to command a visit to this course. It's out of the way for me, and I tell you it's worth the visit. Give it a go if you haven't!

nice course

1    4/27/2015   5/2/2015
Review By: therevjoe
Pros: The rubber tee pads were good. A lot of space, not slick, and had good placement.
You have to be able to make shots here. A lot of trees and angles, so it was challenging.
The pins were set up in a nice locations. I really like the design of this course. A lot of thought went into putting it together. The 18th pin is up on a concrete pillar, which was a first for me.
There is space between the pins and tees, so you do not get too bunched up with other groups. Decent amount of signage to keep you headed in the right direction
Cons: There are no signs to let you know where the pins are located, so you have to do some walking just to see where to throw.
Other Thoughts: I enjoyed playing out there. Having a few locals to keep me on the path helped, and they also warned me of some hazards. Overall, a good place to throw and a nice hike while doing it

Osage Grove DGC

2-4    4/1/2015   4/1/2015
Review By: joshtrum
Pros: - Well groomed and Maintained
- Good Variety of Technical shots
- Well Defined Fairways
Cons: - Hilly for those who have trouble walking
- Maintains water quite well, so can be very muddy
Other Thoughts: Osage is a very well maintained 18 hole course in Goshen, OH. The layout of the course goes virtually from tee to pin, so even though it's 18 holes all with moderate distance, it plays quickly. You cannot just bomb distance drives. Requires much technical tight throws, but has well defined fairways that can forgive a slightly errant throw. Some elevation changes may be tough on those who can't walk as well, but nonetheless the few elevation changes combined with the fairly wooded course create a challenging designed course that is both fun and difficult to play. Only downside is the course retains water and can then be muddy. Other then that please go out and enjoy a well designed, well maintained, challenging course.

Foliage Grove

1    1/2/2015   1/15/2015
Review By: Derek B
Pros: 1) Challenging
2) Open and wooded holes
3) Short and long tees
4) Multiple pin positions
5) Good scenery
Cons: 1) No concrete tees
2) Rubber tees can be slippery
Other Thoughts: This course is a beast of a course. If you want challenge, this is your best bet for this area.

The course is mostly wooded with mature deciduous trees. A lot of holes have multiple lanes to try and shoot through. Some of the lines can be tight. In order to do well, you either have to build up muscle memory for the course, or be an accomplished disc golfer that can shoot very precisely (forehand will help you out a lot here).

The course is on beautiful property with some mild elevation changes. The tees are rubber, which is fine as long as it's not muddy/wet out. The signage is adequate and I don't recall having any major navigation issues.

The course seems to be forehand friendly, both in terms of hole design and in terms of it being heavily wooded. Not saying there weren't RHBH drives available, but the preferred path seemed to favor RHFH or LHBH shots on many of the holes.

At times, I found the course frustrating to play because my disc kept smacking into trees, but, at the same time, it did not take away from my appreciation of the course. If anything, it made me want to come back and try again. I shot a +6, and from what I read on here,many of the baskets are in the short position. I can only imagine how hard the course is when the foliage is out full and the baskets are in the long positions.

All in all, this is a great course and I would recommend it as a road trip course, so long as you don't go right after a big rain (muddy and slippery tees) and so long as you are prepared for a challenging round and not some birdie fest. I would rate it a 4 with concrete tees.

I wish it was closer too!

5+    11/1/2014   11/12/2014
Review By: GMcAtee
Pros: Awesome design! Nothing boring about this course. Great baskets with multiple pin locations. Course up keep is outstanding for not having a park department.
Cons: No permanent tee signs yet, but the temp ones have held up a long time.

The tee pads get slicker than snot.
Other Thoughts: Every time I play this course I like it more and more. Always drive home looking forward to the next league or tourney here.

wish it was closer

1    6/18/2014   6/18/2014
Review By: dave420
Pros: great layout.
multiple lines to choose from.
just really nice
Cons: no water (at least that I saw)
no signage for how the hole lays(I know they need sponsers)
Other Thoughts: really fun course ,just wish it was closer. 40 minute drive from my house . so only once or twice a month .

Come Ye to the Land of Goshen

1    11/16/2013   11/21/2013
Review By: BogeyNoMore
Pros: Challenging course in a nice public park that plays through the woods surrounding a maze in a cornfield.
• Variety: Very good overall - well wooded for the most part, with a couple of holes where you can open up a bit. Nice mix of fairway shapes including some more complex and interesting ones, but all were fair. Most offer several lines to the pin - find yours and throw. Reasonable mix of hole lengths as well. Not necessarily what I'd call a short course, but the tight lines make many of the holes feel longer. Favors placement and finesse over distance (even to the long pins), with several holes where playing to a spot where the fairway changes direction is likely to be the smart move for most players. Encourages you to stay in the fairway moreso than most as the thick rough can make advancing after a bad shot difficult.
• Elevation: No big elevation changes but the rolling nature of the terrain comes into play nearly every other conceivable way throughout the course. Sloped pin placements, fairways that play over creeks and gulleys where treejected shots could leave you throwing uphill. A few fairways have uneven ground or slope from side to side, hence run-ups can be awkward in the fairway - being able to "stand and deliver" can really save par here. Several holes play flat, but this course isn't flat.
• Equipment: DGA baskets were all in great shape, but can be hard to see in the woods. Rubber Fly Pads were smooth, level, and in great shape, but can be slippery when wet. I like the way they boxed-in the tees with landscaping timbers to retain soil and combat erosion.
• Routing/Nav: Simple tee markers with hole #'s help you find your way. Would have liked distances on all of them, but they got the job done. I had a couple of guides, so getting to the next hole wasn't an issue, but I I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple of spots that are tricky for 1st timers. If it's your first time here, print the map - it seems pretty accurate and should keep you where you want to be.
• Aesthetic: Osage Grove has a character unique from any other course I've played (at least in the fall, which is when I played). Bare trees with gnarled and twisted branches combine with a corn field maze to create a spooky, almost haunting atmosphere. I would absofrigginlutely love to play an October glow round here with lit jack-o-lanterns on the baskets!
• Memorable holes for me were 4, 11, 12, 16, 17, 18.
Cons:
• I don't mind the rough being thick, but there were several spots where thorns and dense, scraggly twigs poking at you would make disc retrieval hazardous in the summer (when you're not covered as well and thick foliage hides these menaces). Course is still kinda new, and this is likely to improve over time, but the rough here can draw blood.
• Quite a few protruding stumps and roots - wear sturdy hikers to avoid stubbed toes.
• I'm all for guarded pin placements, but the 3 skinny trees directly in front of the long pin on hole 5 serve to equalize scores - I hate to get rid of trees, but 1 or 2 of these need to go.
• Plenty of hairy Poison Ivy vines on tree trunks.
• Course doesn't seem to drain well, came across several slick and muddy spots - not reflected in my rating, just warning it can be slicker than most if it's rained recently.
Other Thoughts: If tight'n'twisty through the woods isn't your idea of fun, then Osage Grove ain't your kinda course. Moreover, it's still quite rough around the edges (both literally and figuratively), so if well-groomed fairways, wonderful signage and all the accoutrements score high marks for you, again - your opinion may differ. But I really enjoyed playing here… despite how many times I found myself pitching out to get back on the fairway or how many curses I shouted at the trees.

I certainly see how some might think it gets a bit repetitive with all the tunnel shots and low ceilings, but I never felt that way. While almost all the holes are in the woods and require control, they feature different lines, elevations and present different elements to give each one its own personality. Not sure I'd say any single aspect was excellent in and of itself, but at the end of my round, there was no doubt in my mind: Osage Grove is an excellent course. I guess it's a case of the whole being greater than the sum of its parts.

Pins were in the long position when I played, but I saw some of the shorts - no doubt they're a bit easier to reach, but the fairways are still challenging.

Some of the fairways were littered with the Osage Oranges (or Hedge Apples) for which the course is appropriately named.

A wonderful addition to the area, I'm willing to bet fall's the best time of year to play this course.

Troll's Review

1    8/8/2013   10/5/2013
Review By: Eric troll Biscuits
Pros: A great edition to Cincinnati
good location, next to the schools so it will spawn a new generation of disc golfers....
Its only A 3 out of 5 on the grounds that I feel it really only caters to a maxed out mid-range style.
Very challenging technical wooded course
Cons: Its still very "fresh" and needs work done in the rough. poison ivy, thorn trees, wild roses, grape vines...
plays only in a certain style, leave your drivers in your bag.....
Other Thoughts: I feel that it could have more variety for a new course.... too many wooded holes. felt like a rush design...

Say the Big 4 for Cincy

2-4    7/7/2013   7/8/2013
Review By: Chainchaser
Pros: This course will deserve a higher rating as it gets finished so for now I am giving it a 4 but I know that is only because it is not completely done.
This course is amazing and definitely makes you think about every shot and really makes you utilize your bag to the fullest.
Every holes seems to bring something different and you never feel like you are doing the same thing over and over again except for anny shots which really made me realize I need to develop a side arm!!
This is a mostly wooded course so make sure you realize that when playing and expect to hit some trees. Also realize the course is newer so the rough is rough and the fairways are tight so a spotter is probably a good thing to have.
Even though the fairways were tight they were also very fair and you always had a line to go for.
I am also not a fan of mats but these ones are huge and do an adequate job.
Cons: Need to get signs up but that is happening so not to big of deal and now that I have played it a few times I know what to expect. Print a map for now so that you have a better understanding of the holes.
Rough is really bad and getting your disc from the thorn bushes can be a hard thing to do.
Some paths from basket to next tee where really long. I love a hike in the woods but when you walk for a couple minutes to get to the next tee you felt like you may have went the wrong way.
Other Thoughts: This course beat me up bad and when I was done I was DONE. Even though I played badly I still would not give this course a bad rating. When I got done I had blood on my legs and was sweating to all get out but I knew that I just finished what now can join the ranks of the BIG 3. So go play this course and whine about the thorn and the trees then send a message to Adam Jones and thank him for one hell of a ride!!

Osage

5+    6/5/2013   6/10/2013
Review By: pmorgan1214
This review was updated on 1/25/2014
Pros: 1. baskets: baskets are nice and catch discs well.
2. pads: some of the best pads that i have thrown on. Huge and have a grippy black cover that will still give you traction in wet conditions.
3. challenging layout: the fairways make you choose the best shot. a great shot is rewarded with a good score.
Cons: 1. some trees can go: i understand this course is a work in progress. Some trees create a luck factor shot that makes it hard to get a duece.
2. no tee signs: right now there are posts but no signs. so no par designation.
3. distance: i think that this course is not amazing without adding some distance. only a couple holes over 400 feet. I understand wooded and technical but i would like to see some par 5's in the course.
4. Variety: 17 holes wooded, 1 open hole. enough said. you can only do so much with the land.
5. practice basket: none yet i hear they have one coming but not yet.
Other Thoughts: Overall Osage is still being worked on. I have never met Adam but i have played this course and it is just a few touches from being great. To make this course compare to Mt. Airy, Idlewild, Lincoln ridge you need to add some distance, variety and some more par 5's.