$3? UMM NO
4 Helpful / 0 Not
Pros: To be honest with you, none come to mind. If I was forced to say something good about this course I would say that there is a pool nearby. And there is disc rental available with the $3 round fee.
Cons: -$3 per round, or $5 for a day pass that also allows you acces to the Two pools on the camp ground.
- Not well kept, hadn't been mowed yet this summer.
- Two of the holes are under 120 feet, make it and 8 pin course and toss out those shorties!
- Rusty Barbed wire, explained further in the next section.
- no tees, just 2x4's laying on the ground.
- baskets are the cheapest i have ever seen, you can see them in the photos i posted.
- no tee signs, not an intuitive course design.
- Pin #9 was missing
- you are suppose to get a score card and map with your course fee, nope. people there had one nasty one and couldn't figure out how to use the copy machine.
Other Thoughts: This course is fairly close to me and I had played the Somerset DGC 12 many times so I figured I would give it a shot just to say i had played it. Boy was I wrong.
This course was for the most part unkept, it appears that they had pulled all the equipment for winter so the baskets and "tee Markers" weren't in disrepair but the grounds themselves were overgrown and dangerous at times. On hole six I drifted off in the tree line to the left and was inches away from getting my leg in rusted barbed wire, which ran the length of the hole a mere 5 feet from the fairway. The barbed wire was ancient and no longer attached to fence posts so it blended right into the ground, I cant believe no one has gotten hurt yet, Apple River camp ground should be ashamed.
Beyond that the holes are all very short with one exception, and 4 of the 9 are ridiculous dog leg rights. Whoever laid this course out had never played before. I will not return and urge people not to endorse this behavior of charging people to play and properly maintaining the place.
4 of 4 people found this review helpful.
Join Disc Golf Course Review
for free to add your review. Have an account already? Sign In
to add a review.