Melbourne, FL
Wickham Park Share
Uploaded By: gottafixit Hole #17 (Taken 9/2009)

New in town

5+    1/10/2013   2/2/2013
Review By: Zigzaggler
Pros: Every tee has a concrete pad and tee sign, which I found to be fairly accurate. The park is well maintained and the baskets are moved what seems to be about once a month or so.This is nice so you don't get used to the same throws. The holes are of good variety as far as distance and basket placement goes. I would suggest an afternoon if you are gonna be close to the area.
Cons: The course is in a VERY busy public park. There always seems to be some person or peoples walking from out behind shrubs as you play and the park is used for a lot of different things so sometimes the entire course is unavailable.
Other Thoughts: Being from the Ohio/Michigan area, I have found Florida disc golf VERY FLAT. Like most disc golfers I am a fan of elevation and trees. But so far this is the better of parks I have found on the Atlantic side.

Where's the next hole?

1    12/4/2012   12/4/2012
Review By: xrayskid
Pros: 22 holes and you can really air it out on several of them.
Cons: Really a poorly marked course. Several of the tee maps were incorrect.
Short tees on a lot of holes. Thought I was gonna break my ankle if I didn't start my run from behind the tee.

Fun Course

5+    2/21/2009   2/22/2009
Review By: rjgarment
Pros: Front 9 fairly open. Tees and baskets in good condition. Challenging back 9. Friendly locals. Handicap league 3/4 Sundays a month.
Cons: Palmetto thickets surround every pine tree, sometimes gobbling up discs. Back 9 has blind holes where it's best to get a spotter about halfway up the fairway, or you will spend at least 15 minutes looking for your disc. Signs aren't very descriptive.
Other Thoughts: Alternate tees would be nice. I've been going 4 weeks in a row, and never encountered these "drunks" I keep hearing about, just friendly, helpful locals. Nice course overall.

Local

5+    5/19/2013   1/19/2009
Review By: hdw292
This review was updated on 5/23/2013
Pros: Great combination or long and short holes. You may not get a good drive on some holes but if you have a good upshot you'll be right next to the basket. The back has been controlled burned so there are more areas to get your disc through now that werent there about 5 months ago.
Cons: The only thing I think that is bad is that when they change the basket placement they either put them all long or all short, I think they should mix them up so your not always unleashing it or throwing short but so that some you can throw short and other just let it rip.
Other Thoughts: People want to put in the cons about the park being "flat", your in Florida what do you expect? You want hills go to the central or west coast of the state. I live about .5 miles maybe closer to the park entrance, i'm there faily often as do I travel to other parks in the area and Orlando. Once you get to the central part of the state and go north and also west is where the hills start so if your gonna complain about it then please dont play it. I love the park ive grown up playing it since I was 8. I've seen it go from 18 to 22 and back to 18 holes now. This park is my disc home. and also PLEASE pick up after yourselves with trash and ciggerette butts. We find them all over the place.

1st time in Florida

1    8/31/2008   9/23/2008
Review By: simpletwist
Pros: Good distances for long throwers. Coming from the north the palm trees and the local critters make for an interesting change of scenery. The most interesting holes are all on the back 9. And the water on 17 & 18 make this a particulalrly interesting course.
Cons: The layout was confusing and we never found some of the tee boxes or baskets (holes 6-9 if I remember correctly) Being in a busy multi use public park there may be other park users in the line of fire. On number 5 we had a Dad and his 2 children using the fairway for ball golf practice. They were polite and stepped out of the way so we could "play through."
Other Thoughts: I realize reviews should come from a fully played course, but since we could not find all of the tee boxes or baskets, I think this simple review still has merit.

Not a lot of variety

5/1/2005   5/20/2008
Review By: Caribbeing
Pros: As others have said, good for those who like to haul off and throw as hard as they can. It's nice not having to worry about pesky trees, or aiming.

Some holes are completely bare except for a clump of palm trees and bushes right by the hole. This means drives can be huge, but you do need to control your approach, so you come in from the right angle.
Cons: Being from the Mid-West, the course seemed very one dimensional to me. Also, perhaps silly of me, but I was a bit concerned about Florida's well-known snakes, lizards, scorpions, and other assorted insects - especially when I was retrieving a disc from under a bush.